Amazing Member

Default question regarding Batman Vol. 7 vs Joker Endgame HC editions

this may have been asked already and I skimmed around but didn't see any posts about it, but I was just looking for information regarding these two HC editions.

From what I hear, everything in Vol. 7 is in Joker Endgame. I basically came online to ask if that's actually really true? Cause I mean if so, there isn't a point to buying both of them anymore.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

True. I don't like the tieins or backups or the ordering, so I'm getting Vol 7.

I think Snyder might say Vol 7 is the truest way it's meant to be read (kinda like GMo said the Final Crisis new ed is how FC is meant to be read). I think DC is more behind the tieins and such, and Snyder can't of course disavow those. I bet if a Snyder Omni is done someday, you'll just be seeing Vol 7's contents.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 10-05-2015 at 02:01 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight85 View Post
    From what I hear, everything in Vol. 7 is in Joker Endgame. I basically came online to ask if that's actually really true? Cause I mean if so, there isn't a point to buying both of them anymore.
    I haven't looked through them yet, but didn't those issues of Batman have back-up features? I'm guessing the main Snyder-written stories are in Batman Vol. 7, and the back-up stories from those same issues are combined with the special Endgame tie-ins and the Batman Annual for the separate Joker Endgame collection. (It would make more sense to me if DC chose to do it that way.)

Amazing Member

yea I mean, I see the two HC's over at Amazon and the Joker Endgame one is only like 2 dollars more. The thing that was weird is that I remember when I bought the Court of Owls trades that main title batman issues in the book Night of Owls did not collect all the main issues of that from the Batman arc. I just remember it as something weird DC did, so I wanted to make sure here.

Unfortunately I bought both due to incorrect solicitations. Vol 7 has only the main issues without backups. I would definitely get the joker endgame. Has everything that vol 7 has plus backups tie ins and the annual. I mean for only a few bucks more I couldn't see why not.

Amazing Member

well that seals the deal for me then. I'll just get the Joker Endgame trade that has everything in it. Thanks everyone for the help! Let's hope this story is a good one.

Wait what? I thought Joker: Endgame only contain all the tie ins like Night of The Owl did...but now it has the regular issues plus tie ins? Ugghh

I am already rather displeased when Vol 7 left out the back up stories

Incredible Member

I bought the Batman Vol. 7 and it was succinct and straightforward and I rather liked it, now I'm curious about the tie ins, but if I read the tieins first, I wonder if it would have been a bloated mess... I really din't like the owls tie-in book and that put me off getting these extra books.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Unfortunately I bought both due to incorrect solicitations. Vol 7 has only the main issues without backups. I would definitely get the joker endgame. Has everything that vol 7 has plus backups tie ins and the annual. I mean for only a few bucks more I couldn't see why not.
    When I was looking at the size of the Joker Endgame collection in Barnes & Noble, it was slightly thicker than the Batman Vol. 7 one, but it didn't quite seem thick enough to also include
    * all the back-up stories from the Batman issues
    * four issues worth of tie-ins (Arkham Manor, Batgirl, Detective Comics, and Gotham Academy)
    * as well as Batman Annual #3
    but since they didn't have any unsealed copies, I couldn't confirm one way or the other.