Page 201 of 303 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 4544
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Jane also did not have Mjolnir in that scene at all. That could be chalked up to artist oversight because it wasn't strictly needed for the scene, but considering Jane has the old 60 second rule in effect, it's a pretty big omission. and when asking what Loki had promised Nissa, the way she air quoted "cabinet seat" like it was something she was unfamiliar with was out of character for Jane, Jane knows damn well what a cabinet seat is.

And Loki has to be himself when shapeshifting physically, but there's nothing saying he can't pose as Thor using an illusion. Loki has used illusions many times to disguise himself as someone else. He did it in the first issue of Vote Loki, even though that was just some random dude, it wasn't 'him' either, he had blond hair and blue (? i'd have to check) eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Yes, his eyes were blue then they changed colour, just as his speech changed from normal guy to the old English tone.
    This is actually interesting. Okay so assuming that the Thor we saw was him rather then the real Thor, could he be trying to sabotage his own run for a reason? But what? Could it be that he's trying to root out someone connected to Malakith? Also what's interesting is the circles on her shoulders too. Since he's not seen Thor outside of her helmet, I wonder if he knows who it is. I have to wonder if Vote Loki is actually tied into the War of the realms more closely then we thought?

If he was indeed Jane in that scene I donīt think he was trying to sabotage his run, I mean things turn out well for him at the end, with someone discovering (too easily btw) and accusing him of having a cult he answered naturally like "of course I have a cult, feel free to join", this way he looked better than if he just throw the concept of a following in his campaign, It was like with the start of his campaign, is better if he seems to do this for the will of the people and after a few days or weeks of thinking about it instead of came out of nowhere and suddenly say that he wants to be president and start his run (it would feel much more "super villain")

But it didn't sabotage his run, it actually worked out well for him. Also, I don't think the presidency is the actual end goal. Or at least, it did not start out that way. At first i theorized that it was to try and counteract the weight of his old story pulling at him, to use a highly public platform to promote what he wants his new story to be. But after he asked Dario for a new church and this new thing with intentionally getting the cult national (and beyond, no doubt) publicity, I think he needs followers for some reason.

The Asgardians have never really had much focus on the religion/ worshipers side of things even though they are gods, but Aaron has touched on it in his work on the Thor books, he's had Thor answer a few prayers and such, and the God Butcher arc in particular focused on that aspect. So this may be building to something in that regard.

I am not sure if Loki knows if it's Jane under that helmet, but he has said some things where it's clear he has suspicions she is human, at least. Loki's clever though, it would not surprise me if he's put the pieces together. If that is him on this cover: http://www.comicbookresources.com/im...-COV-c9b07.jpg then he obviously finds out pretty soon now if he hasn't figured it out already.

Fantastic Member

With the preview, I wasn't sure if that was actual news or a comedy program. If it was comedy, she could have been joking about them dying. I doubt Loki would have killed them if they did die, however, since that would be waaaaaaaay evil. So, I guess if they did die it would make me consider it more likely that they were Hydra agents and that Hydra offed them to cover their tracks. On the dubiously bright side, if he does do anything super evil in this series, the fact it's so low on everyone's radar means that Aaron's portrayal will be the one everyone knows. Not that I'd expect a Loki solo to do as well as TMT is currently doing, but I do hope the low numbers don't discourage them from doing another one. Honestly, I think it may be because of production issues, but it's seemed a bit rushed to me. The art I know has turned some people off. I also think most people think this is just a joke. Then there's the fact that not everyone is interested in politics (or they are but not necessarily American politics). Then, the fact that it's not Loki's POV. Honestly, if I wasn't such a huge Loki fan, I probably wouldn't be reading it either.

Oh, and it appears that the issue in Latveria is due to a crazy bunch of fanatics who want Doom back in power. I guess they figure if they "prove their loyalty" or some such bullshit, he'll come back and rule it again?

I give Loki 55/45 odds in favor of him having a good guess at Jane's identity. I think he could probably figure it out if he tried, but I'm not sure he has. At any rate, based on the solicits, it seems like SHIELD might actually go public with her identity. At the very least, they're aggressively tracking her down. So, even if he doesn't know her identity atm, he will probably become aware of it. Him showing up as her would be the perfect cover, and the fact that Aaron revealed his motivations for attacking Freyja were "less than villainous" helps make it more believable. Whereas if Jane had accepted his help, there would be this expectation of him betraying her, since that's so built into his character.

Edit: Oh, yeah, he does seem to want followers, like the others were saying. No real idea why, so far. Although it does make sense that the god of stories might need an audience. My only thought there is that if they become more effective the more people they reach, then he's pretty much going to make Midgard a reality warping machine.
    Last edited by Riimi; 07-30-2016 at 02:51 PM.

The Hydra agents dying seems to be at odds with how Aaron is writing Loki in Mighty Thor, if it was Loki that killed them. So i think that is probably a bit of a red herring... but it does seem awfully suspicious. The Latverian crisis does look to have nothing to do with him, despite that what the solicit suggesting, though. So I'm thinking that though Loki is likely lying his ass off and employing some underhanded tactics to win, it's not like, evil.

As for the potential of a solo... honestly, those 2 pages in the last issue of Thor cemented it in my head that Aaron does write a REALLY good Loki. He gets a lot of great dialogue, and he's snarky and badass when he needs to be but also seems to get where he's at right now in terms of his character development and trying to be a better person. So as nice as a solo would be, even if he just had a substantial role in either of the two Thor books (but preferably Unworthy) I would be very happy because I know he would be written well. And in either of the books, the art would be great, too. we've got Dauterman on Mighty and Coipel on Unworthy. While we can't say for sure what Coipel would do with the new Loki, I'm sure it would be good looking.

If Loki only finds out about Jane from the SHIELD agents spilling the beans on her identity, then Loki playing the part of Jane (assuming that is what's going on. i have to keep reminding myself that this is little more than a guess at this point.) loses a lot of effectiveness. So I am thinking he figures it out on his own so he can effectively throw the SHIELD agents off the trail.

and yeah, no idea why he would need followers. the gods in the MU have never been shown to have a requirement for active worshipers before. But he does seem to want them...
    Last edited by Raye; 07-30-2016 at 03:59 PM.

so, a few things. First, about Loki maybe posing as Jane in that issue,I've been thinking. The one thing that didn't quite make sense about that was what Loki would get out of it. I know Loki has been doing a lot better lately, and he was very selfless (even if it did not appear that way to others) when it came to Freyja... but Freyja is his mom, even if she hasn't always been a very good one. Normally, he still has to personally get something out of everything he does. He and Jane have nothing even close to approaching a real relationship, so I don't think Loki would help her out of the goodness of he heart, it's just not his nature. So what does he gain? Potentially gaining her trust, obviously, but there could be something more to it that just occurred to me. If his disguise is good enough, it could get him back into Asgard and onto the Council of Worlds. If Jane decides juggling the two is too much and that being Thor is more important than being on the council, Loki could fill in for her while she was off superheroing. This would give him a way to subtly manipulate things in Asgard while also helping Jane in a way. Now, if Jane were to let him do this, he must do a damn good job of convincing her he's trying to help, but still.

Second thing... today on tumblr, Kieron Gillen has been teasing a new series he is writing at Marvel which he says will be announced within the next month or so. He's given 2 hints. hint 1 - 'it's not Young Avengers'. hint 2 - It's 'someone [he's] previously written'. This still leaves a good number of possibilities, but... Loki does fit, assuming that by 'not Young Avengers' he means the team working together rather than individual members of that team. A number of characters Gillen has worked with before are off the table for a variety of reasons, they're either dead or already been confirmed to be in a book by someone else, and some just could not support a solo book (his wording saying it was someone he's written before seems to indicate a solo book), so it narrows the field considerably. I think a few of the most likely are Loki, Miss America Chavez, Angela, and Namor, which, I mean, I think that's pretty good odds for a Loki book from Gillen, frankly. It would also explain why he was reading Vote Loki before it was even released, though he could have just been curious and downloaded it off of Marvel's ftp.

Astonishing Member

Oh please don't get my hopes up with Gillen writing a new Loki book, my heart won't be able to handle the disappointment if it doesn't happen. I need it to happen so badly....

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    so, a few things. First, about Loki maybe posing as Jane in that issue,I've been thinking. The one thing that didn't quite make sense about that was what Loki would get out of it. I know Loki has been doing a lot better lately, and he was very selfless (even if it did not appear that way to others) when it came to Freyja... but Freyja is his mom, even if she hasn't always been a very good one. Normally, he still has to personally get something out of everything he does. He and Jane have nothing even close to approaching a real relationship, so I don't think Loki would help her out of the goodness of he heart, it's just not his nature. So what does he gain? Potentially gaining her trust, obviously, but there could be something more to it that just occurred to me. If his disguise is good enough, it could get him back into Asgard and onto the Council of Worlds. If Jane decides juggling the two is too much and that being Thor is more important than being on the council, Loki could fill in for her while she was off superheroing. This would give him a way to subtly manipulate things in Asgard while also helping Jane in a way. Now, if Jane were to let him do this, he must do a damn good job of convincing her he's trying to help, but still.
    He said (after his fight with Jane) that both still have a lot to do in the war, trying to gain her trust should be important because right now heīs completely alone, and she could be useful because she wonīt be focused in destroy his plans (whatever they are) and also because sheīs Thor, a key role in everything related to Asgard and her identity being exposed would be bad for her.
    If he somehow gains part of her trust it would make his situation much more easy because right now is very tricky, if he helps Asgard, Malekith could notice it, and if he acts like a villain (hiding his intentions) Jane and the other asgardians will try to stop him, so he canīt do anything without someone against him so yeah, the best pictures would end with him and Jane knowing each other secrets but hiding it for the rest so she can do her work as Thor and he keeps spying in the Dark Council.

Oh, I read about Gillen doing something in Marvel that is not Young Avengers, but didnīt read that it was something he did before, but given that Ms.America and Loki were part of the team I donīt know... but the return of a Journey into Mystery type of book would be great, he would have to coordinate with Aaron a lot but it canīt be worse than the transition with the JMS run + Siege and then with the Fraction run.

Astonishing Member

I have a feeling it could be a Ms America book.

Man... If I can't have my Thor/Loki team up comic, I really wish Loki could hang out with the Young Avengers again. I guess I'll only find that on fanfiction though

Fantastic Member

I have to second the guess for Miss America. While I'd love for it to be a Loki series, if it is Mac I'll probably at least check out the first few issues. I was honestly a bit surprised they didn't announce a solo for her during SDCC. I remembered she was on the "Divided We Stand" poster and just took a look, and from what I remember, everybody else on there has a solo series in the works (with the exception of Quake, whom I honestly don't remember either way). Basically, I'm pretty sure she's getting a solo. It's just a matter of who 's writing it, and Gillen is a fairly obvious choice. One of the Q&A's also was talking about the characters shown on the poster, and Axel said that they thought some of those lesser knowns (specifically mentioning MAC) had the potential to be the next breakouts like Ms. Marvel etc., if given the right author. If she already had a series announced (sans Gillen), I'd be in 100% agreement, however. Not that they couldn't get someone other than Gillen--I just don't see what the holdup with that would be.

Gillen does seem to hold a soft spot for Loki still, though. That can count a lot. It's just that if I were bettings money, I'd go with MAC.
    Last edited by Riimi; 08-01-2016 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shura View Post
    He said (after his fight with Jane) that both still have a lot to do in the war, trying to gain her trust should be important because right now heīs completely alone, and she could be useful because she wonīt be focused in destroy his plans (whatever they are) and also because sheīs Thor, a key role in everything related to Asgard and her identity being exposed would be bad for her.
    If he somehow gains part of her trust it would make his situation much more easy because right now is very tricky, if he helps Asgard, Malekith could notice it, and if he acts like a villain (hiding his intentions) Jane and the other asgardians will try to stop him, so he canīt do anything without someone against him so yeah, the best pictures would end with him and Jane knowing each other secrets but hiding it for the rest so she can do her work as Thor and he keeps spying in the Dark Council.
    Oh, I get that. I just don't know if it's enough for him to do that for her. and his METHOD of helping could lead to more than just her trust.

Oh, I read about Gillen doing something in Marvel that is not Young Avengers, but didnīt read that it was something he did before, but given that Ms.America and Loki were part of the team I donīt know... but the return of a Journey into Mystery type of book would be great, he would have to coordinate with Aaron a lot but it canīt be worse than the transition with the JMS run + Siege and then with the Fraction run.
    Aaron has said that he tried to stay out of Gillen and later Ewing's way when it came to Loki, that's part of why he never showed up in Thor until after Agent of Asgard ended. So it may be that Aaron will be done with Loki by then.

I do agree with everyone that MAC would be very, very likely. So I would not be too surprised if it was her... she was on that promo image and even if she wasn't going to get a solo book, that Joe Casey book with not-Chavez may force their hand. (along with threats of a lawsuit) But I think Loki is right up there with her as for how likely it is.

Amazing Member

We'll have read Vote Loki #3 the cover is nice ,and I'm getting use to the art. It's open with Nissa following the bus were the hydra guys are being taken to a medium sercurity prision . While following the bus she is trying to get a copy of loki's birth certificate .

The bus gets trashed and she catches a glimpse of Angela and the bus looks like it got sliced with a sword . So to a debate at a state fair were I get a laugh at the canidates getting on loki's case for attack ads . I mean hello attack ads are a staple of US elections and they are starting to be used here in Canada's elections too.

Then we go to dooms castle were the local rebeles and doom supporters are trying to get a hidden weapons cache one guy fiigers out that doom uses both magic and science to guard stuff. They get the weapons and it looks like it is going to go down then the Weapons explode. Nissa gets a picture of Loki unmasking and tweets it all over that Loki is a vigilante and people see it and will have to vote for one of the others . But of course it fails . And Nissa gives up .

It looks like Loki got this election in the bag but I suspect that the birth records are what is going to catch him up. Still nice to see Loki using his skills in a not evil way .

Just were is Doom anyway? I can't see him letting lavteria go down the tubes like this . Still looking forward to the grand finale .

Fantastic Member

Definitely looks likely that he setup the "Hydra" agents and killed them to cover his tracks. I can't really analyze it that well because I'm far too biased in hoping he didn't do it, despite evidence to the contrary. I assume it will be addressed next issue at least, though.

Not sure about his actions in Latveria. Totally fine with him killing the leader of the fascist pro-Doom group, but it seemed like he might have killed their opposition, too? Who ended up in charge of the country, then? Also, I was like wow, Doom, get your **** together before you go off playing Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Riimi View Post
    Definitely looks likely that he setup the "Hydra" agents and killed them to cover his tracks. I can't really analyze it that well because I'm far too biased in hoping he didn't do it, despite evidence to the contrary. I assume it will be addressed next issue at least, though.

Not sure about his actions in Latveria. Totally fine with him killing the leader of the fascist pro-Doom group, but it seemed like he might have killed their opposition, too? Who ended up in charge of the country, then? Also, I was like wow, Doom, get your **** together before you go off playing Iron Man.
    I think Doom has renounced ruling anything at all. I guess that after getting infinite power at least five times two of those becoming creator and ruler of an universe, and being defeated by mere mortals every time, he has given up. He will probably still try to control stuff by manipulating events and people from behind the scenes...