Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Hey, you guys are always welcome to ask Watcher for a second opinion if you want.
    No no you misunderstand . I'm not contesting the ruling . I'm asking you to clarify the following things about the ruling :
    1. Is the Daizenshuu usable as a canon source on Rumbles
    2. Did you just say it was a normal sized universe or not ? Because that scan of the map doesn't really clarify one way or the other

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    No no you misunderstand . I'm not contesting the ruling . I'm asking you to clarify the following things about the ruling :
    1. Is the Daizenshuu usable as a canon source on Rumbles
    2. Did you just say it was a normal sized universe or not ? Because that scan of the map doesn't really clarify one way or the other
    Uh, alright, let's go with this. It's a normal size universe contained within that egg barrier thingy. It's the easiest way to make sense of it.
    If the Daizenshu doesn't contradict anything we've seen, it shouldn't be a problem to use it.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Well then . Goku wins this Rumble . He beats Phoenix

So you're saying that we can now use Rulebooks/Guidebooks ?

Kay then.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

Kay then.
    Not even written by the writer it should be noted .

As I recall , this ruling would have resolved the original " Can Frieza bust a planet on his own" argument a few months ago waay before it escalated to 20 odd pages of Pendaran demanding on panel proof

Notably , nothing actively contradicts that either

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Not even written by the writer it should be noted .
    Huh.

Well then.

Eh, it's been ruled on though. No point worrying about it anymore.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

Kay then.
    Well, if Toriyama illustrated it that depiction of the universe, it should be taken into consideration.

But save for the interviews featured in them and the illustrations, Akira doesn't contribute any active input within the contents of Daizenshuu.

And I don't think we're going down the "Rule/Guidebooks are fully admissible now" route. We all know exactly what Hell will break loose if we follow that line.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Well, if Toriyama illustrated it that depiction of the universe, it should be taken into consideration.
    I don't care about the picture. Unless it's something from the guidebook.

But save for the interviews featured in them and the illustrations, Akira doesn't contribute any active input within the contents of Daizenshuu.
    Your point being what ? It's still a guidebook/handbook.

And I don't think we're going down the "Rule/Guidebooks are fully admissible now" route. We all know exactly what Hell will break loose if we follow that line.
    "Because of this" and "because of that" justification doesn't change the bottom line that it's exactly what this is doing.

So with the above mod ruling saying that a guidebook is admissible if it doesn't contradict anything, I should be able to use the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe, or Marvel.com. To then say that I can't, means you're cherry picking.

Arx Inosaan

Uh, alright, let's go with this. It's a normal size universe contained within that egg barrier thingy. It's the easiest way to make sense of it.
    If the Daizenshu doesn't contradict anything we've seen, it shouldn't be a problem to use it.
    Er, what? I've been staying out of this thread, but guidebooks/handbooks/wikis/rulebooks are not sources for anything here.

Just going to point out....we spent, how many pages? Telling a certain individual in another thread: wikis, handbooks, writer statements and what not are not source material for rumbles.
    ----------------------------------
    "...the guy who went to 'Nam and never came back..."

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMale View Post
    Just going to point out....we spent, how many pages? Telling a certain individual in another thread: wikis, handbooks, writer statements and what not are not source material for rumbles.
    Apparently DBZ gets a special exemption?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Apparently DBZ gets a special exemption?
    I mean....

For example...it can be daunting enough for a newb on rumbles to figure out how to apply the rules....but if it's been explained by....pretty much everyone on, er...that other thread....that hand books and stuff don't count for anything...here.....imagine said newb's confusion upon stumbling on this thread.

Just sayin'.....
    ----------------------------------
    "...the guy who went to 'Nam and never came back..."

I'm cool with this ruling if it means I can use the Official Marvel Handbook and Marvel.com's wikia.

Arx Inosaan

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

So this thread got a bit weird. I'll start with the Universe.

I'm fine with it being considered to look like this, since that's how Toriyama chose to depict it.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but what from what I'm understanding:

The Dragon Ball universe is a normal universe in size and scope.

Unless there's something in the canon works that explicitly contradicts this- and nothing I've heard/read yet has- there's literally no reason to not assume this.

The entirety of the Dragon Ball verse is laid out like the image.

Given the first point, the reaction to Guy1 accepting that the Dragon Ball verse looks like this exists... why, again?

It's not an image depicting the verse's absolute size or scale, just its rough (very, very rough) layout; it has absolutely no bearing on how big or small the universe is, and thus no relevance to what's being debated with regards to Goku versus Beerus.

Using the source in question for this particular purpose (determining the rough layout of the verse) is not the same as using such a source for actual feats.

Alrighty. Regarding the God Goku VS Beerus fight, I'll let the Universe Shockwaves stand. Unless we get something to contradict it later, it's fine for now, since this was supposed to be a cosmically insane level of power never seen before in the DB Universe.
    This first serious fight between a guy reaching an unprecedented level of power for the first time and another who's already at/beyond said level of power is what I would call a presentation establishing moment.

Happy Thanksgiving.
    Happy Thanksgiving
    This signature intentionally left blank.