Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I've really enjoyed Jeff Parker's Aquaman but this line-up is about as appealing as a dinner consisting of spam and ramen noodles. The best original members of Justice League United appear to have left the team while the empty seats are filled with some unusual choices. Stargirl and Animal Man are decent but not interesting enough to make me rush to read this title. Equinox has been a snoozer so far. I'm still waiting to see the appeal of Alana Strange. I do like the Demon but again, he's not likable enough to make me rush to read the book. Poison Ivy is overused and I'm bore with her. Swamp Thing I can take or leave. Mer is the only character that really tempts me to keep this title on my pull-list. I guess I'll wait to read the preview before I make my final decision.

I wish Parker would have went with a roster consisting of:

Batgirl
    Black Canary
    Etrigan
    Green Arrow
    Hawkman
    Martian Manhunter
    Mera
    Vixen
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 04-21-2015 at 06:06 PM.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    Pretty much how I feel. I wonder if he was allowed to choose or at least have input into the team roster?
    I'm wondering that too. This team feels sort of like a mix-match of characters they want to promote rather than a Justice League. We'll see how it goes, though.

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

weird team... but yeah, i would read it for Poison Ivy
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I've really enjoyed Jeff Parker's Aquaman but this line-up is about as appealing as a dinner consisting of spam and ramen noodles. The best original members of Justice League United appear to have left the team while the empty seats are filled with some unusual choices. Stargirl and Animal Man are decent but not interesting enough to make me rush to read this title. Equinox has been a snoozer so far. I'm still waiting to see the appeal of Alana Strange. I do like the Demon but again, he's not likable enough to make me rush to read the book. Poison Ivy is overused and I'm bore with her. Swamp Thing I can take or leave. Mer is the only character that really tempts me to keep this title on my pull-list. I guess I'll wait to read the preview before I make my final decision.

I wish Parker would have went with a roster consisting of:

Batgirl
    Black Canary
    Etrigan
    Green Arrow
    Hawkman
    Martian Manhunter
    Mera
    Vixen
    How is Poison Ivy overused? Haha. Other then Harley and some annuals, and a couple of bat issues we have not seen much of her in a ongoing XD. I am only getting this cause of Ivy. By the way, I mean no offense. I hope none of this came out the wrong way, I am just saying Ivy has not been used much at all haha. I mean no harm.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

CBR Managing Editor

Hi all, DC Comics has reached out for clarification on the original version of our "Justice League United" article, which has since been edited.

The main lineup of the book is Equinox, Stargirl, Alanna Strange, Animal Man and Adam Strange. They'll be joined by rotating guest stars based on individual missions, with Mera, Poison Ivy, Swamp Thing and Etrigan appearing in issue #11.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Ching View Post
    Hi all, DC Comics has reached out for clarification on the original version of our "Justice League United" article, which has since been edited.

The main lineup of the book is Equinox, Stargirl, Alanna Strange, Animal Man and Adam Strange. They'll be joined by rotating guest stars based on individual missions, with Mera, Poison Ivy, Swamp Thing and Etrigan appearing in issue #11.
    Explains Animal-Man on the cover.

So it's more or less a new version of Justice League Task Force.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Ah, it's only a temp thing. Dang. Guess I will get issue 11 then. And Ivy won't be joining Suicide Squad till after the current arc too. Bummer. Oh well.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

BANNED

Good, keeping the team small. I like it. Too bad Captain Carrot isn't on the team like in Travel Foreman's concept art.

Ah! Cool, glad to hear Adam and Animal Man are still in it .

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    How is Poison Ivy overused? Haha. Other then Harley and some annuals, and a couple of bat issues we have not seen much of her in a ongoing XD. I am only getting this cause of Ivy. By the way, I mean no offense. I hope none of this came out the wrong way, I am just saying Ivy has not been used much at all haha. I mean no harm.

Well, she was on the New 52 Birds of Prey as well as appearing in Batgirl and an upcoming issue of Sensation Comics. I don't hate her, I'm just bored of her. I feel the same way about the Joker and Ras Ah Ghul.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Well thats a pleasant surprise, but how many issues Foreman is going to do?

Incredible Member

Cool to have confirmation that there will be rotating guest stars (hopefully some survivors of CONVERGENCE now and again, that'd be cool IMHO)

Cheers.

James.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Well thats a pleasant surprise, but how many issues Foreman is going to do?
    That is actually one of my concerns with Foreman.

All said, this particular creative pairing on a Justice League book (albeit satellite title) feels like the kind of push Parker didn't really get at Marvel. So, I'll probably check this out.

Well, initially the artist were supposed to be Travel Foreman and Paul Pelletier. Maybe they will rotate every few issues/every arc.

I`ll admit, lemire`s run let me down. And McKone`s art didn`t do a lot to help it. But I`ll try the new team out for an arc. Parker usually makes it fun.