Page 345 of 626 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355395445 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Rachel is speaking in Phoenix voice bubbles and using Phoenix life fire. She may not be hosting the force, but she is USING Phoenix powers and XForce did not state that she isnt.
    Nothing about the issue says she is using Phoenix life fire or anything Phoenix related. Phoenix life fire? Is that a term you made up? She is using her TK, which she's always had . Her eyes were firey but her power signature was pink/purple and there is no Phoenix raptor. You are seeing something that you want to see thats not there. Rachel was being powerful as she used to be, before previous writers nerfed her. She didnt do anything in the issue Phoenix related that was beyond her normal capabilities

Last edited by Havok83; 08-08-2019 at 09:44 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    9 and 10

10chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar
    Thanks... I forgot I had this!

Jordan D White just posted this. Intriguing!

54798026-FAD3-4A46-BCEA-26C8185D59FF.jpg

I dont get it

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post

yeah seeing thi smoment get talked a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont get it
    Implication is that he forgot the day that Moira told him about her secret
    Last edited by spirit2011; 08-08-2019 at 12:18 PM.

BANNED

The issue is not out yet -- but, this frame is supposed to make sense?
    Last edited by Shreene; 08-08-2019 at 12:51 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Oh.

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

yeah seeing thi smoment get talked a lot.

still dont get it. The quote is coming from Jean, not Xavier. What is the issue number and actual context of the scene?

I guess it's when Jean had Xavier's mind inside her and is him talking through her?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I guess it's when Jean had Xavier's mind inside her and is him talking through her?
    It is. It's when Jean took all of Xavier's mind inside of her own and started purging his memories in order to survive.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    It is. It's when Jean took all of Xavier's mind inside of her own and started purging his memories in order to survive.
    Exactly. DAMN! Hickman is pulling out all the obscure references and building a massive story it. I'm here for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Exactly. DAMN! Hickman is pulling out all the obscure references and building a massive story it. I'm here for it.
    Oh okay. I dont know as thats a stretch. Charles had hundreds of days with Moira. I dont get how this scene could possibly be seen as a retroactive reference to HoX even given the context we now have

BANNED

Oh okay. I dont know as thats a stretch. Charles had hundreds of days with Moira. I dont get how this scene could possibly be seen as a retroactive reference to HoX even given the context we now have
    It’s just a matter or whether or not one accepts that it could be.

I think the key phrase is twelfth birthday. Main timeline Moira only met Xavier when they were attending college together. In her fifth lifetime, she met Charles a decade earlier than planned. This moment in New X-Men where Jean was holding Xavier’s entire consciousness inside her own mind is most likely a reference to a memory of Charles’s which took place in Moira’s fifth life.

I think the key phrase is twelfth birthday. Main timeline Moira only met Xavier when they were attending college together. In her fifth lifetime, she met Charles a decade earlier than planned. This moment in New X-Men where Jean was holding Xavier’s entire consciousness inside her own mind is most likely a reference to a memory of Charles’s which took place in Moira’s fifth life.
    But that doesnt fit for a number of reasons.

A) In her fifth life, Moira met Xavier when she was 13. He's slightly older than her. Either way, neither was 12.

B) This New X-men scene happened in current timeline. Xavier wouldnt have the memories of his life from Moira's fifth life to recall.

C) I dont beleive the 12th birthday party memory and day with Moira are connected at all. Xavier is spouting out random memories in this scene and that panel is cropped intentionally to make a connection but if you view the entire page, he is rambling on about random unconnected moments from his life