Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman February solicits!

WONDER WOMAN #16

Written by GREG RUCKA • Art and cover by BILQUIS EVELY • Variant cover by JENNY FRISON

“GODWATCH” part one! Since the moment Wonder Woman arrived in our world, Godwatch has been waiting. But who are they, and what do they want? Diana’s journey to the truth continues with the origin of what may prove to be her greatest enemies.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Only one issue for February?

Bilquis Evely's art is lovely, though. Very excited to see her working on WW.

TRINITY #6
    Written by FRANCIS MANAPUL • Art and cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL • Variant cover by BILL SIENKIEWICZ
    “Better Together” part six! The horror that kept our heroes trapped in nightmares of their own making is now loose in the world, and it’s taking possession of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman! When the spawn of Mongul holds the keys to the most powerful heroes in the DC Universe—no one is safe!
    On sale FEBRUARY 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Only one issue for February?

The full solicits should be out early next week. I doubt it's 1 issue. Rucka is still writing two different stories

She is very regal at that cover.
    But I wonder... Godwatch, Godspeed... is there a conection or DC creators just fancy the word?
    Favorite books right now: Wonder Woman, Groo, Usagi Yojimbo, Super Sons

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Yeah i hope thats not all. It would totally suck if we go down to once a month just as we're done with alternating storylines.

The cover is lovely, and I'm eager to see just who comprises Godwatch. hopefully plenty of revamped old faces, though i wouldn't mind some new ones as long as there is a mix.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 11-18-2016 at 06:34 PM.

variant

BANNED

Also:

ABSOLUTE WONDER WOMAN BY BRIAN AZZARELLO AND CLIFF CHIANG VOL. 1
    U.S. Price: $125.00
    On Sale 2/1

In these tales from the start of DC—The New 52, Wonder Woman learns that Queen Hippolyta has kept a secret from her daughter all her life—and when Diana learns who her father is, her life will shatter like brittle clay. The only one more shocked than Diana by this revelation? Bloodthirsty Hera—so why is her sinister daughter, Strife, so eager for the truth to be told? This Absolute edition collects WONDER WOMAN #1-18 and #0.

http://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nove...f-chiang-vol-1

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

That Evely cover is stunning!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I really hope that Godwatch is a modern take of Villainy Inc. with a group of Diana's established rogues: Veronica Cale, Dr. Poison(Pre-Finch version), Dr. Cyber, Dr. Psycho, Queen Clea, & Aegeus(Pre-Finch version) maybe?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I really hope that Godwatch is a modern take of Villainy Inc. with a group of Diana's established rogues: Veronica Cale, Dr. Poison(Pre-Finch version), Dr. Cyber, Dr. Psycho, Queen Clea, & Aegeus(Pre-Finch version) maybe?
    I don't know. That the ram's horn/ram's horn motif keeps coming into play doesn't seem like it is a coincidence.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

I agree!

And this is neither here nor there; the way she highlights Diana's hair reminds me a little bit of Aaron Lopresti:

3982154575_f929a75d3d.jpg

I like how the Godwatch tentacles are intertwining the evil Ares tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I like how the Godwatch tentacles are intertwining the evil Ares tree.
    I'm putting my money on those tentacles actually winding up being ram's horns.

The rest of the solicits are up:

WONDER WOMAN #17
    Written by GREG RUCKA • #Art and cover by LIAM SHARP • Variant cover by JENNY FRISON
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    “THE TRUTH” part two! As Wonder Woman picks up the pieces of her shattered psyche, Barbara Ann Minerva walks into the devil’s lair to defend her…or is she being led into Godwatch’s trap?
    On sale FEBRUARY 22 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

BATMAN ’66 MEETS WONDER WOMAN ’77 #2
    Written by MARC ANDREYKO and JEFF PARKER
    Art by DAVID HAHN and KARL KESEL
    Cover by MICHAEL ALLRED
    Bruce Wayne is only ten—and he’s already being hunted by Nazi soldiers and Ra’s al Ghul’s mysterious League of Shadows! Join the chase as he makes a discovery vital to his bat-future and watch what happens when Wonder Woman comes to the rescue!
    On sale FEBRUARY 22 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED E • DIGITAL FIRST

DC COMICS BOMBSHELLS #22
    Written by MARGUERITE BENNETT
    Art by MIRKA ANDOLFO, PASQUALE QUALANO and RICHARD ORTIZ
    Cover by ANT LUCIA
    Cheetah and the mechanical gods take the Bombshells in as prisoners to force Hawkgirl into helping the Reich advance their technology and weaponry. Then, it’s back to the battle as Paula Von Gunther fights the Bombshells using her giant monster mech! Plus: the origin of Hawkgirl!
    On sale FEBRUARY 1 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST

WONDER WOMAN AND THE JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA VOL. 1 TP
    Written by DAN VADO and CHUCK DIXON
    Art by MIKE COLLINS, KEVIN WEST, RICK BURCHETT, MARC CAMPOS and others • Cover by MIKE COLLINS and JOSE MARZAN JR.
    In these never-before-collected stories from the 1990s, Wonder Woman takes over as leader of the Justice League of America, whether Green Lantern Guy Gardner, Booster Gold and Blue Beetle like it or not. Acting at the behest of the United Nations, the team must respond to a human rights crisis in a remote African nation, only to find the populace under the thumbs of the super-powered Extremists. The team then must jet to Norway, where the young superhero called Ice struggles to keep the nation out of the hands of her older brother. Collects JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA #78-85, JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA ANNUAL #7 and GUY GARDNER #15.
    On sale MARCH 15 • 264 pg, FC, $24.99 US

WONDER WOMAN BY GEORGE PEREZ OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC
    Written by GEORGE PEREZ and others • Art by CHRIS MARRINAN, JILL THOMPSON, COLLEEN DORAN and others • Cover by CHRIS MARRINAN and GEORGE PEREZ
    Following the events of INVASION, Wonder Woman and Captain Atom must locate the missing Steve Trevor, while the citizens of Themyscira witness the arrival of a new man on their island. This volume also includes the origins of both Cheetah and Silver Swan, the appearance of a lost tribe of Egyptian Amazons and more! Collects WONDER WOMAN #25-45 and ANNUAL #2.
    On sale MAY 10 • 552 pg, FC, $99.99 US