Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I know, right? Like saying to someone who enjoys chicken "but have you ever tried steak or salmon??"
    it's actually all chicken. it's more like saying kfc tasted better in the 80s because they made better use of the 11 herbs and spices. you don't know what you're missing with the way they muck up the herbs and spices these days.

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    it's actually all chicken. it's more like saying kfc tasted better in the 80s because they made better use of the 11 herbs and spices. you don't know what you're missing with the way they muck up the herbs and spices these days.

See, now you're just making me hungry….

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    It's more like asking that guy, to try them, and see if, after doing that, they still want chicken on their table, everyday. Maybe they'll still want chicken, from time to time, but if you don't try steak, or salmon, or bacon, how are you going to know which one you prefer?
    this thread is making me hungry

edit: apparently i'm not the only one ^^

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Polvo Aranha View Post
    I have a question for that people who really want that Dan Slott continue his run on ASM: Did you read another Spider-Man's run boyond Dan Slott's run? Is there someone who read Spider-Man by Roger Stern, Gerry Conway, DeMatteis, David Michelinie or even by Bill Mantlo?
    Like some others, I have, and read, virtually every Spidey title that has been published. You mention a list of all-time greats (although you failed to list Stan?). Dan Slott deserves a place among them.

That as a great mistake (Marvel Masterworks with all the Lee/Ditko's run are my "Pride of The Shelf"). What I'm saying is that some people may not have read enough to realy know Spider-Man.

Yes, Dan Slott is a good writer, I love Arkham Asylum: Living Hell, but the problem is that he, just like Mark Wolfman (in my opinion), discharacterize the character, and thanks to his long run, it's visible that the ideas are ending, só he could open spaces for new writers work with Spidey.

PS: My 90% sure Slott will bring back Ock to his Master Programer persona.
    It's kind of insulting to imply that the main reason people like a best-selling run is that they're ignorant of the alternatives.

BTW, the ten issue stretch of Wolfman's Amazing Spider-Man leading up to Issue 200 was excellent.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

That as a great mistake (Marvel Masterworks with all the Lee/Ditko's run are my "Pride of The Shelf"). What I'm saying is that some people may not have read enough to realy know Spider-Man.

Yes, Dan Slott is a good writer, I love Arkham Asylum: Living Hell, but the problem is that he, just like Mark Wolfman (in my opinion), discharacterize the character, and thanks to his long run, it's visible that the ideas are ending, só he could open spaces for new writers work with Spidey.

PS: My 90% sure Slott will bring back Ock to his Master Programer persona.
    I don't think you have to read every single issue of Spidey to know who he is. I haven't read all of them and I'm cool with that.

Astonishing Member

Amazing Spider-Man #16-18 were fine comics, but they most certainly weren't a "grand finale". Nobody would intentionally end their 100+ issue run with a guest villain and half a dozen subplots still up in the air. I strongly suspect (and hope) that Dan Slott will be the lead Spider-Man writer for a good while longer.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    I don't think you have to read every single issue of Spidey to know who he is. I haven't read all of them and I'm cool with that.
    yeah, this is dangerously close to “i’ve listened to all their records, so i’m a true fan.”

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    I've probably read more Spider-Man comics than most people here, so obviously whatever I say is unquestionably right.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

aka "The Watchdog" 8BitRedBeard's Avatar

Tar, feather, and stone me for saying this but I really do enjoy Dan's work.
    Last edited by 8BitRedBeard; 06-16-2015 at 06:03 PM.
    "With great power comes great responsibility."

Currently MagSeven

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    I'm dropping Spider-Man after Secret Wars anyways. Renew Your Vows will be my last Peter Parker Spidey book, at least for awhile.
    Done with Pete? Are you waiting for Ben or something?

Quote Originally Posted by The Watchdog View Post
    Tar, feather, and stone me for saying this but I really do enjoy Dan's work.
    I think you're not in the minority on that one as his Spidey books continue to sell very, very well.

If there was a new writer, I imagine many of these plots would be dropped. I am curious, if Slott is staying, how much follow-up we would actually see to some of these plots post-Secret Wars. We have two rather large time skips, which means our heroes will have been put in new situations. And beyond addressing what the status is between (the new MU) Peter and MJ post-RYV, we might not hear about some of this stuff.

Amazing Member

Why I do not use the word “hate” is because you can read the love Slott has for the character. There is a respect there.
    I try more to use the word “frustration”, I am sure EVERY SINGLE write goes through this, BUT it seems that his stories are stifled by someone/something. Like he wants to go 100 MPH but something is putting obstacles in his way. Also the rushed endings, you can totally tell he didn’t get to tell his full Superior story, as a lot of arcs have that rushed endings to them.
    This Spider-Man isn’t aimed for guys my age (I am 37) to relate to anymore (I have a wife and 2 kids), I related to the pre-BND Peter, not this one, and I am starting to be OK with that, I have found a lot more comics to get my fill, I still buy ASM because he’s been “there” since I was a kid, what I do expect though is at least a good super-hero story, and while the “ideas” have been good, the execution has been lacking, again I am not 100% sure it’s all Slott, but what he is told he can or cannot do.
    What I do not like about Slott’s characterization of Peter is his recent incompetence, that bugs me, a character like Silk that has her shiznit together better than him is off to me. But hey, what do I know, as Broovert said, Spidey is all about youth, and in comic years I am very old!

BANNED

I hope Slott stays on ASM forever, just to annoy the fans who want him off the book. Some quibbles aside, I've really loved his run and, yes, if it matters I've read all the classic Spidey writers of the past so I'm very familiar with every era of Spidey. I was beginning to worry that with the big changes coming up post-SW that Slott simply couldn't avoid being bumped from the book but the more I think about it, the less likely I think it is he'll be moving on. There's just too many ongoing plots that haven't reached any resolution yet and it makes little sense for Marvel to give Slott the bum's rush just for the sake of "change." I predict they'll let him stay on the book for a while to come.