Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Finn cannot be Sana's and Han's child since Finn was born 7 years after the Battle of Endor. Kylo was born 0-1 years after the Battle of Endor, so I seriously doubt Han was having an affair with his former wife around that time.

We do not know when Han was born in the new continuity but, in the old continuity he was born in 29 BBY. If he were 18 when he and Sana had a kid (so 11BBY), then their kid could be 18 during the year when Finn was born. So there is enough wiggle room for Finn to be Han's grandson.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    I am just going to copy what I put in the minority thread 10 Biggest Complaints...

1) Loses To Rey, Loses To "Riot Control" Trooper in a stomp (1st for any Star Wars Lead), slashed across the back by Kylo because of a white girl
    2) Gotta get named by Poe instead of naming himself like Rucka
    3) No Skills while Rey is Genius Mechanic (can tell Han how to fix his own ship meanwhile Finn cant find the right tool), Ace Pilot (1st time out), Force Prodigy (advanced skills no training including mind tricks), Fighting Badass (beats up grunts, then Kylo no training), Multilingual unlike Rucka where Finn is top 1%
    4) Drinks from trough like an animal
    5) Always scared (not going to complain about him sweating deserts are hot when you aint acclimatized)
    6) Motivation is to Run Not Liberate, Then Saving Rey
    7) Ends in Coma so basically no payoff
    8) No Force Confirmed
    9) Probably Friendzoned...
    10) Sanitation Detail SMH.
    The only way you would have been happy is if Fin was the baddest Jedi Master since Yoda and single handedly saved the universe. This is not the movies fault you built up your expectations so high it is your own, and then to nitpick every single detail in every thread because he is not who you imagined in your head is not fair in anyway. Fin was the POV character for the whole movie.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post

If Rey was named Ray, no one would be calling him a Marty Stu.
    False. I give you Anakin Skywalker in the Phantom Menace. I was not familiar with the proper term(Gary Stu) then so I just had to mutter bs a lot during that movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    False. I give you Anakin Skywalker in the Phantom Menace. I was not familiar with the proper term(Gary Stu) then so I just had to mutter bs a lot during that movie.
    In so many movies White males can do everything. The minute a woman or minority does it, Then it's Problematic.
    It's not false. Some people, primarily males, just cannot be satisfied if it some how doesn't involve a penis saving everything. Even then a certain shade of one.

Mighty Member

In so many movies White males can do everything. The minute a woman or minority does it, Then it's Problematic.
    It's not false. Some people, primarily males, just cannot be satisfied if it some how doesn't involve a penis saving everything. Even then a certain shade of one.
    It is absolutely false you said no one, I am one ergo your claim is false. In fact a lot of people don't like Anankin in the PT.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Finn cannot be Sana's and Han's child since Finn was born 7 years after the Battle of Endor. Kylo was born 0-1 years after the Battle of Endor, so I seriously doubt Han was having an affair with his former wife around that time.

We do not know when Han was born in the new continuity but, in the old continuity he was born in 29 BBY. If he were 18 when he and Sana had a kid (so 11BBY), then their kid could be 18 during the year when Finn was born. So there is enough wiggle room for Finn to be Han's grandson.
    I would not be surprised if Finn's family isn't really anyone significant. They claimed they were keeping Rey and Finn's parentage secret but I get the sense they were moreso talking about Rey since everyone is speculating how she is or isn't related to the Skywalker family.

Finn is already tough to pin down because before him, there were literally two significant black characters in the movies, and one of them is already a no go (unless Mace Windu was sleeping with someone before he died and Finn is his great grandson).

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I would not be surprised if Finn's family isn't really anyone significant. They claimed they were keeping Rey and Finn's parentage secret but I get the sense they were moreso talking about Rey since everyone is speculating how she is or isn't related to the Skywalker family.

Finn is already tough to pin down because before him, there were literally two significant black characters in the movies, and one of them is already a no go (unless Mace Windu was sleeping with someone before he died and Finn is his great grandson).
    In the Clone Wars cartoon, the relationship Obi-Wan and the Duchess Satine was definitely sexually charged. In fact she told Obi-Wan that she loved him with her dying breath. I don't know if they ever consummated their love but it does showcase the fact that even otherwise noble jedi can fall in love.

I don't think Mace was ever shown as having a relationship like that in the movies or the show.

Lando has been popping up in the Rebels cartoon. He, like Han, would be old enough to have a grandson who could be about Finn's age.

Finn's a terrific character, and I while I can certainly see him becoming more skilled in other areas I don't think home becoming a Jedi is terribly interesting. I'm fine with the new trilogy having Rey, Kylo Ren, Luke, Snoke, and (to a lesser extent) Leia as the only major Force-senstaive characters - the opposing pairs of master and student have a nice symmetry to them, and after the Force overload of the prequels can't we leave it at that?

Boisterously Confused

Theres so much nit picking with Finn.
    If he was a white guy in the same position, no one would be saying any of this.
    If Rey was named Ray, no one would be calling him a Marty Stu.
    Yeah...NO.

I found Anakin annoyingly done too. Luke spent the better part of two movies getting his ass handed to him by every one from Vader to Rudolph's snow-monster, all the way down to the Mos Eisley version of Cliff Claven, with occasional, isolated flashes of Force-luck. What he was good at was well established in the script (Obi-Wan mentioning he's a good pilot, Vader saying Obi-Wan trained him well, etc.)

As for Rey, I'm even willing to let the saber duel go, but the mindtrick thing is too much. Especially for an opening act.

It's simply bad writing. Wanting to see somebody other than white males take center stage in a galaxy far, far away doesn't make that go away.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Yeah...NO.

I found Anakin annoyingly done too. Luke spent the better part of two movies getting his ass handed to him by every one from Vader to Rudolph's snow-monster, all the way down to the Mos Eisley version of Cliff Claven, with occasional, isolated flashes of Force-luck. What he was good at was well established in the script (Obi-Wan mentioning he's a good pilot, Vader saying Obi-Wan trained him well, etc.)

As for Rey, I'm even willing to let the saber duel go, but the mindtrick thing is too much. Especially for an opening act.

It's simply bad writing. Wanting to see somebody other than white males take center stage in a galaxy far, far away doesn't make that go away.
    Or it is very good writing and her whole life story simply has not been revealed to us yet.

Boisterously Confused

Or it is very good writing and her whole life story simply has not been revealed to us yet.
    I can't agree with you. Luke's whole life story hadn't been given to us either in IV, but enough information was provided that we could understand where his incredible luck seemed to come from. That's not the case with Rey.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Don't you mean Rey?
    Ah, yes. Yes I did.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    I am just going to copy what I put in the minority thread 10 Biggest Complaints...

1) Loses To Rey, Loses To "Riot Control" Trooper in a stomp (1st for any Star Wars Lead), slashed across the back by Kylo because of a white girl
    2) Gotta get named by Poe instead of naming himself like Rucka
    3) No Skills while Rey is Genius Mechanic (can tell Han how to fix his own ship meanwhile Finn cant find the right tool), Ace Pilot (1st time out), Force Prodigy (advanced skills no training including mind tricks), Fighting Badass (beats up grunts, then Kylo no training), Multilingual unlike Rucka where Finn is top 1%
    4) Drinks from trough like an animal
    5) Always scared (not going to complain about him sweating deserts are hot when you aint acclimatized)
    6) Motivation is to Run Not Liberate, Then Saving Rey
    7) Ends in Coma so basically no payoff
    8) No Force Confirmed
    9) Probably Friendzoned...
    10) Sanitation Detail SMH.
    so to you finn is basically... someone like that?

In the Clone Wars cartoon, the relationship Obi-Wan and the Duchess Satine was definitely sexually charged. In fact she told Obi-Wan that she loved him with her dying breath. I don't know if they ever consummated their love but it does showcase the fact that even otherwise noble jedi can fall in love.
    Plus Satine had a sister (voiced by Katee Sackhoff--you could even cast her in a flashback!) Maybe she and Obi-Wan formed a relationship out of mutual loss...

...but I get the sense the current production team wants to get as far away from the prequels as possible. This sadly includes TCW, which is some of the best Star Wars stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    Plus Satine had a sister (voiced by Katee Sackhoff--you could even cast her in a flashback!) Maybe she and Obi-Wan formed a relationship out of mutual loss...

...but I get the sense the current production team wants to get as far away from the prequels as possible. This sadly includes TCW, which is some of the best Star Wars stuff.
    The movie was light on prequel stuff but the surrounding EU stuff Marvel has been doing is still pretty big on incorporating some of the prequel stuff. There was even a fun short story about one of the background characters in TFA trying to find Count Dooku's stash of lightsaber crystals.

And it sounds like at least for a time, they were considering bringing back Anakin as a Force Ghost.
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=129285