Page 194 of 271 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't want another Avengers cartoon unless they give the creators freedom from having to slavishly follow the movies and there's more effort to deliver a strong, overall, product.
    I agree with you there. Because like I said, it severely limits the lore. It's disappointing as a fan of the team to keep watching the same kind of content. And I don't want another situation of Black Widow defeating Thanos, lol.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Widow called him Hawkeye once on comms during the Battle of New York.
    Oh, great! Thanks for reminding me.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    And Wanda not being called Scarlet Witch is because they have something planned for that. Wanda is a main focus. I don't think Simon ever will be. Which is why I'd also like a new Avengers cartoon. So they can have the time to dive more deep into Avengers lore. That is if the studio would let them and not just have more Movie-Vengers. And I don't have anything against the movie versions. It's just that Avengers lore has so much more to offer than that.
    You know what's funny? People often compare comic book versions of the characters with those in the movies and ask which one is better. My view on this matter is pretty simple. The more screen time the characters get, in my opinion, the more superior they are to their comics counterparts. There's something about live-action which makes them more realistic and grounded, and I really like that. I think it's great that demons, aliens, robots, monsters and super-soldiers can actually DIE. That just makes them more relatable to me. I definitely think the MCU does have a "stakes" problem though. I find it not believable that these superheroes can withstand one universe-threatening event after another and not actually suffer any real physical and emotional consequences. They're practically invincible and these supposed mortally dangerous villains are often easily dispatched in the first movies they appear in. Rocket Raccoon gave Thor his eye back and Tony quickly repaired Rhodey's legs. And Wanda forgot about Pietro as soon as the credits rolled after the Age of Ultron. I expect that kind of thing in the comic books and cartoons, but not in the movies. I really hope they fix this in future phases. I actually don't mind that they make a lot of the MCU characters weaker, dumber and funnier in their versions. Avengers cartoons will probably run into the same problems as the comics by making the heroes too powerful and indestructible. And on a totally unrelated note, I HATE how many sequel movies (especially solo-hero ones) are often just merely setups for future crossover events and tend to introduce roughly 101 underdeveloped new characters in each of them. That's why I'm worried about Dr. Strange 2 a little bit. Especially its potential connection with the Spider-Man stuff. Because everybody on this thread knows my great distaste for the Sony Spider-Men and I want Wanda to have NOTHING to do with them and their supporting casts. I actually don't mind if a future Avengers cartoon takes some inspiration from the films/shows. I like Wonder Man as a character, but I don't like the fact that he's died and been resurrected multiple times. Game of Thrones author George R.R. Martin remarked how the death of Wonder Man in an early Avengers issue had such an enormous effect on him and set him on course to a remarkable writing career. My stance is that they should have left him dead because his death would have had more meaning than all the stuff that's happened with him in subsequent decades. But, I don't think my viewpoints are all that popular here, unfortunately:

http://www.mtv.com/news/2626626/geor...of-wonder-man/

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, still pissed Wanda/Lizzie doesn't change back to darker hairs.
    I hope her final and definitive Scarlet Witch look would give her darker hair plus a proper costume.

The musical show costume however kinda interests me, will it kinda tie in Wanda's short-lived career as an actress in the comics? It's nothing major but it gives an extra layer of the character that I am really fond of.
    Yeah, I think they should add a whole bunch of layers to Wanda and Vision that have nothing at all to do with superheroics in this show. I want Disney/Marvel Studios to try something new and different for WandaVision. I've read several opinions online that prefer that "they don't have a villain in the story and rather just have Wanda’s grief as the ‘villain’ of the show. Marvel films always have some kind of exterior force to battle, and with the franchise going more experimental with Disney+ shows, it would be great if we had something as self-introspective as a character dealing with grief." Now I don't think that's gonna happen because Bettany said WandaVision will be a typical Marvel action movie by the end of the series. Still, I'm glad that they're taking some stuff from Tom King's Vision series, because as somebody once wrote: "I think the series’ biggest success will come if they are able, like The Vision, to give proper importance to the internal conflict within the main characters, rather than focusing on an outside villain too much. If any of my predictions end up coming true, WandaVision has the potential to be one of the most unique and tragic entries in the Marvel Cinematic Universe." I think Wanda will get a chance to do plenty of fighting in Dr. Strange 2 and future movies and shows. But for her own series, I think the show should focus more on her as a person. But that's just me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I agree with you there. Because like I said, it severely limits the lore. It's disappointing as a fan of the team to keep watching the same kind of content. And I don't want another situation of Black Widow defeating Thanos, lol.
    "My days in the Russia helps me control the Stones!Obviously!"
    That, is like the super buffed version of your stereotypical bear-fighting, drinking vodka like it's water, etc Russians.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, I think they should add a whole bunch of layers to Wanda and Vision that have nothing at all to do with superheroics in this show. I want Disney/Marvel Studios to try something new and different for WandaVision. I've read several opinions online that prefer that "they don't have a villain in the story and rather just have Wanda’s grief as the ‘villain’ of the show. Marvel films always have some kind of exterior force to battle, and with the franchise going more experimental with Disney+ shows, it would be great if we had something as self-introspective as a character dealing with grief." Now I don't think that's gonna happen because Bettany said WandaVision will be a typical Marvel action movie by the end of the series. Still, I'm glad that they're taking some stuff from Tom King's Vision series, because as somebody once wrote: "I think the series’ biggest success will come if they are able, like The Vision, to give proper importance to the internal conflict within the main characters, rather than focusing on an outside villain too much. If any of my predictions end up coming true, WandaVision has the potential to be one of the most unique and tragic entries in the Marvel Cinematic Universe." I think Wanda will get a chance to do plenty of fighting in Dr. Strange 2 and future movies and shows. But for her own series, I think the show should focus more on her as a person. But that's just me.
    You don't need to vilainize grief, grief is a normal emotion.
    Again, there is really a problem with the narrative that frames natural emotions as dangerous.
    Also an outsource conflict is often crucial in superhero narratives, I really don't have that much interest in seeing Wanda moping around, drowning in her own thoughts for too many episodes.
    A study in Scarlet is one of my favorite piece, but it's just one issue long as an annual. There are multiple aspects and elements to her journey than simply her dealing with her emotions.
    Also a proper villain is always welcome, I mean Chthon or Modred.

You don't need to vilainize grief, grief is a normal emotion.
    Again, there is really a problem with the narrative that frames natural emotions as dangerous.
    Also an outsource conflict is often crucial in superhero narratives, I really don't have that much interest in seeing Wanda moping around, drowning in her own thoughts for too many episodes.
    A study in Scarlet is one of my favorite piece, but it's just one issue long as an annual. There are multiple aspects and elements to her journey than simply her dealing with her emotions.
    Also a proper villain is always welcome, I mean Chthon or Modred.
    Yeah, you're probably right. I think an outside villain would make sense as it is a superhero show. And I sure as hell don't want Wanda to turn into an emo girl with a dead brother. Judging from the looks of the trailer, Wanda doesn't look like she's doing much moping around. Which is something I really like. I HATE how Wanda is written as such an unhappy character a lot of the time. I'm not saying she should be a stupid, annoying joke machine, but she's gotta let her hair down more. I would just prefer the villain(s) to appear at the END of the show so Wanda can be fleshed out a little bit more. I personally think that's what's gonna happen in WandaVision. And I'm pretty sure the villain of this series will be deeply involved in the Dr. Strange sequel. I like your idea of Chthon and Modred, but I just got this feeling that the main baddie for WandaVision and Dr. Strange 2 is gonna be Mephisto. What Wiccan posted earlier in this thread makes a lot of sense. It makes sense for Mephisto to show up because of his connection to Wiccan and Speed. Although I don't think he's gonna be their old man. Because that would just be fucked up.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 10-13-2020 at 08:40 PM.

You know what's funny? People often compare comic book versions of the characters with those in the movies and ask which one is better. My view on this matter is pretty simple. The more screen time the characters get, in my opinion, the more superior they are to their comics counterparts. There's something about live-action which makes them more realistic and grounded, and I really like that. I think it's great that demons, aliens, robots, monsters and super-soldiers can actually DIE. That just makes them more relatable to me. I definitely think the MCU does have a "stakes" problem though. I find it not believable that these superheroes can withstand one universe-threatening event after another and not actually suffer any real physical and emotional consequences. They're practically invincible and these supposed mortally dangerous villains are often easily dispatched in the first movies they appear in. Rocket Raccoon gave Thor his eye back and Tony quickly repaired Rhodey's legs. And Wanda forgot about Pietro as soon as the credits rolled after the Age of Ultron. I expect that kind of thing in the comic books and cartoons, but not in the movies. I really hope they fix this in future phases. I actually don't mind that they make a lot of the MCU characters weaker, dumber and funnier in their versions. Avengers cartoons will probably run into the same problems as the comics by making the heroes too powerful and indestructible. And on a totally unrelated note, I HATE how many sequel movies (especially solo-hero ones) are often just merely setups for future crossover events and tend to introduce roughly 101 underdeveloped new characters in each of them. That's why I'm worried about Dr. Strange 2 a little bit. Especially its potential connection with the Spider-Man stuff. Because everybody on this thread knows my great distaste for the Sony Spider-Men and I want Wanda to have NOTHING to do with them and their supporting casts. I actually don't mind if a future Avengers cartoon takes some inspiration from the films/shows. I like Wonder Man as a character, but I don't like the fact that he's died and been resurrected multiple times. Game of Thrones author George R.R. Martin remarked how the death of Wonder Man in an early Avengers issue had such an enormous effect on him and set him on course to a remarkable writing career. My stance is that they should have left him dead because his death would have had more meaning than all the stuff that's happened with him in subsequent decades. But, I don't think my viewpoints are all that popular here, unfortunately:

It's a selective thing for me. There are characters that are better, the same, or worse in the movies. Depending.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

I am a ASOIAF fan but I will just ask this simple question, how old is GRRM? That is his teenage comic book reader experience.
    New fans don't usually pick up older issues, Simon is no Mar-Vell, and really the meaning in his death won't make up for the lost content if he remains dead.
    I don't think it's really fair to say some character should remain dead when every other guy/girl keep on resurrecting.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I haven’t found one character in the movies I’ve liked more than the comics versions. Even at their worst characterization (Bendis, and Remender’s Wanda), it’s only a short time until a new writer comes in and fixes most of the assassination that was committed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I haven’t found one character in the movies I’ve liked more than the comics versions. Even at their worst characterization (Bendis, and Remender’s Wanda), it’s only a short time until a new writer comes in and fixes most of the assassination that was committed.
    Remender maybe, but Bendis? She is like automatically the bottom for me, yes, even when compared with Ultimate Wanda.

So we're getting second/final trailer on Halloween or early november

We got so much content this last three weeks

Stand-Up Comedian Asif Ali Cast in Elizabeth Olsen & Paul Bettany-Led Show:

https://thedirect.com/article/wandav...ny-marvel-show

I think people are underestimating how funny this show will be.

I am a ASOIAF fan but I will just ask this simple question, how old is GRRM? That is his teenage comic book reader experience.
    New fans don't usually pick up older issues, Simon is no Mar-Vell, and really the meaning in his death won't make up for the lost content if he remains dead.
    I don't think it's really fair to say some character should remain dead when every other guy/girl keep on resurrecting.
    Oh, I agree that it would be unfair for certain characters to die and remain dead while others get resurrected. That's why my policy on death would be very simple and consistent. EVERY single death should be made permanent. Non of this shock value bullshit of killing off folks and then reviving them later. I really hope Marvel Studios does not go the soap opera route of bringing back actors and actresses in the forms of long-lost siblings. And I think using multiverses to do the same would be lame. Why can't these superheroes AND supervillains be allowed to rest in peace?

GRRM is 72. So I think he was in his mid-teens when he started reading Marvel Comics.