Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I was okay with Stranger. Like I said, I didn't make it part of the rules. But the Hulk cover does not fit. The comic series must have Strange in the title, like Strange Adventures, not a story title or description blurb.

Everybody, please read the contest description.

Thanks.
    My first cover I posted was of the collected version of Gotham City Sirens so they had the name of the arc as the subtitle. But I changed my entry to be more compliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    My first cover I posted was of the collected version of Gotham City Sirens so they had the name of the arc as the subtitle. But I changed my entry to be more compliant.
    I had thought you'd have gone with this also-not-eligible cover:

Shows what I know.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I appreciate those who changed their covers. I blame myself for not being clearer. Sometimes something is clear in your head, but what you write doesn't convey it accurately. Next time I won't try to be clever and stick with an artist themed contest.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 05-13-2022 at 05:08 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I appreciate those who changed their covers. I blame myself for not being clearer. Sometimes something is clear in your head, but what you write doesn't convey it accurately. Next time I won't try to be clever and stick with an artist themed contest.
    I personally like “open subjects”, the choice is wide and the cover is not obvious.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

OK, I changed it too, I found one I knew after all.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I had thought you'd have gone with this also-not-eligible cover:

Shows what I know.
    I had actually forgot about the title of that arc. I guess it was used because the FF would go on hiatus soon with the Onslaught crossover leading into Heroes Reborn. They recently came out with one of those Epic Collection TPBs called Fantastic Four Strange Days

NOT AN ENTRY

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I personally like “open subjects”, the choice is wide and the cover is not obvious.
    Me too. We have a highly creative group here, with many who like to push the boundaries if given the chance. Fun to see that play out.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I thought having the word "Strange" in the comic book name was wide open enough. Silly me.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Forgive me, but I am sticking with my cover. I like it too much to change it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Forgive me, but I am sticking with my cover. I like it too much to change it.
    Since I wasn't explicit about Stange/Stranger in my OP I feel it's up to those who used Stranger to decide for themselves. So, SaulGoodman.

I thought having the word "Strange" in the comic book name was wide open enough. Silly me.
    I think what makes it a bit tricky is that comic book started naming the arcs in their titles for the eventual TPB. Using the recent Doctor Doom series as an example, Volume 1 was collected as Pottersville and volume 2 was collected as Bedford Falls since the writer was using "It's a Wonderful Life" as a theme for the series.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-13-2022 at 03:25 PM.

It is. But some of us like seeing where the line is drawn and stepping ever so slightly over it.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

I'm trying to behave myself this time!

Invincible Member

Kirby is the King of Dreams.