Default Are Gene and Alice Hayes in the resurrections queue?

Will Molly get her parents back or are they not considered true mutants?
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Will Molly get her parents back or are they not considered true mutants?
    Wasn’t it revealed that Gene’s mom experimented on them to give them the same powerset.

Molly's got enough trauma leave them dead.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Wasn’t it revealed that Gene’s mom experimented on them to give them the same powerset.
    Yeah, I'm not 100% sure they are mutants any more. Maybe Marvel asked Rowell to do that specifically show Krakoa wouldn't have to resurrect them.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Molly's got enough trauma leave them dead.
    Unfortunately, the Krakoan government doesn't seem to care about that when it comes to who they should resurrect.

While they're experiments, they could have artificial X-Genes that can trick Cerebro. But I don't think they even need to use the Queue; Molly's grandma was able to clone her daughter back, and by Spidey-rules, the clone would actually be her mother, resurrected.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    While they're experiments, they could have artificial X-Genes that can trick Cerebro. But I don't think they even need to use the Queue; Molly's grandma was able to clone her daughter back, and by Spidey-rules, the clone would actually be her mother, resurrected.
    It seems to depend on the cloning method. In the case of the X-Men’s and Ben’s, the soul is brought back to the cloned body, but when we see the clone of Molly’s mother, she seemed closer to a blank slate.

Also they're probably several million down on the list. They still haven't resurrected the X-Statix bad guys yet.... or good guys.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    Yeah, I'm not 100% sure they are mutants any more. Maybe Marvel asked Rowell to do that specifically show Krakoa wouldn't have to resurrect them.
    Considering all the mutant who are NOT being resurrected it would not really be an issue if they were not.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Also they're probably several million down on the list. They still haven't resurrected the X-Statix bad guys yet.... or good guys.
    that's because X Statix aren't X characters ..... you'll never see any on Krakoa

it's weird they made them "mutants". they've always been in their own bubble t hat never interacts with characters outside of it. just their own weird bubble that does its own thing.

I'm okay with just not using them....

So are they mutants or not? When The Runaways first came out, the Hayes were the mutants of the Pride.

Later on that changed but I had stopped reading after the first volume.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    that's because X Statix aren't X characters ..... you'll never see any on Krakoa

it's weird they made them "mutants". they've always been in their own bubble t hat never interacts with characters outside of it. just their own weird bubble that does its own thing.

I'm okay with just not using them....
    Well, the book was originally a new version of X-Force. Also, Xavier was involved with creating the team, and Wolverine sometimes helped out when they needed someone to kill their enemies. Also almost every character in X-Statix with powers is explicitly identified as a Mutant. This meant coming up with over a hundred different Mutants I think? And boy did they come up with weird ideas, good ideas, bad ideas, and lol-wut ideas. I mean a guy whose skin peels off daily, and has stuff written on it... some of which is prophetic? Yeah, THAT was a Mutant power!

Why did Marvel make it? Yeah, hard question. But it's probably part of the "too many Mutants" thought process. Like I said before there was probably over 100 Mutants in X-Statix.

So are they mutants or not? When The Runaways first came out, the Hayes were the mutants of the Pride.

In canon yes they were mutants and should be brought back

Out of canon Molly is a Runaway character not an X character so no one cares about her parents being brought back.

Astonishing Member

The really weird thing about X-Statix is its very firmly where Doop was created and most utilized, but the X-books have never been shy about being willing to use Doop, not even just Milligan himself but other writers, so its always been....the weird green alien blob you'll use in the X-books but literally not a single one of the actual mutant characters? Okay, that's a choice....

As for the Hayes, it literally will just come down to if anyone ever wants to use them. Even with them being the product of Grandma Hayes' genetic experiments, there's enough of a precedent established for mutants-born-of-experimentation/transplanted genes counting as mutants and being eligible for resurrection that its not really a reason they CAN'T be, its just as others have said, there's no real rush to bring them back just to make a point of them being around now.

Ultimate Member

The latest retcon has them be artificially created mutants, but then, so is Sinister, and he's been resurrected already (in Hellions, after Tarn supposedly killed him), so 'made, not born' mutants have precedent for being resurrected.

(With the development that many of the Morlocks were Dark Beast creations, it's possible that large numbers of those 'mutants' are also engineered, and not necessarily 'born that way.')