Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Hulk vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Or just kill him flat out before he gets strong enough to oppose.
    Or get payback for Wolverine and bash Hulks head in until his brains are turned into goo. That'll Learn'em.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Or just kill him flat out before he gets strong enough to oppose.
    I don't think Thor is strong enough to flat out overpower a base Hulk (as in kill) with nothing but physical strength
    Whats the boards opinion on Hulks planet busting feat when he went world breaker?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt the Manly View Post
    I don't think Thor is strong enough to flat out overpower a base Hulk (as in kill) with nothing but physical strength
    Speed advantage, strength enough to overpower him ...

Ripping his head off via awesome super-speed neck-break twist sounds awesome and would work just fine, assuming you don't start him off at "I'm already ridiculously angry".

Whats the boards opinion on Hulks planet busting feat when he went world breaker?
    Wishing Well incident with Red She-Hulk?

Speed advantage, strength enough to overpower him ...

Ripping his head off via awesome super-speed neck-break twist sounds awesome and would work just fine, assuming you don't start him off at "I'm already ridiculously angry".
    No I thought you were saying Thor would stomp even without his speed, just his strength

Wishing Well incident with Red She-Hulk?
    yes

I think him being a Planet Buster at his absolute best is - more or less - accepted.
    But again, he needs either be extremely angry to do so, or his potential needs to be unlocked by an outer source (like during the Wishing Well arc).
    Both isn't going to happen in a fight with Thor without Goldilocks dispatching him first.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I think him being a Planet Buster at his absolute best is - more or less - accepted.
    But again, he needs either be extremely angry to do so, or his potential needs to be unlocked by an outer source (like during the Wishing Well arc).
    Both isn't going to happen in a fight with Thor without Goldilocks dispatching him first.
    Really? Can't he just go world breaker like Goku goes super saiyan? I mean in that arc , villain threatened to kill his cousin....Bam! world breaker
    And the second time, the planet busting one, he just stopped " holding back"

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Really? Can't he just go world breaker like Goku goes super saiyan? I mean in that arc , villain threatened to kill his cousin....Bam! world breaker
    And the second time, the planet busting one, he just stopped " holding back"
    Nah, outside of a couple of specific arcs, either dealing with external amps or with literally years of built-up anger, Hulk takes time to get to his max. And, as stated, his max requires really limiting circumstances. In a Rumble, the OP can say just fine "Hulk starts out at his Wishing Well max" but that's not the default, and even in such a case, Thor is still stupidly, ridiculously faster than Hulk, easily fast enough to blitz and break his neck, go all "Puny Hulk" on him, or drop him into the heart of a star.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Nah, outside of a couple of specific arcs, either dealing with external amps or with literally years of built-up anger, Hulk takes time to get to his max. And, as stated, his max requires really limiting circumstances. In a Rumble, the OP can say just fine "Hulk starts out at his Wishing Well max" but that's not the default, and even in such a case, Thor is still stupidly, ridiculously faster than Hulk, easily fast enough to blitz and break his neck, go all "Puny Hulk" on him, or drop him into the heart of a star.
    Could Thor beat world breaker Hulk using just his speed and strength? The guy was shaking the east coast with his footsteps, no sold the explosion of a planet and has that gamma energy burst thing

The Wishing Well incident involved magical amps and whatnot as well, so the legitimacy of it as a feat is ... Not quite.

I mean, you can still use the guy. Just not as something that counts for plain-jane Hulk.

Mighty Member

Could Thor beat world breaker Hulk using just his speed and strength? The guy was shaking the east coast with his footsteps, no sold the explosion of a planet and has that gamma energy burst thing
    He isn't any heavier than normal, nor can he fly. Nothing really stops Thor from zipping over and picking him up and throwing him into space.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    He isn't any heavier than normal, nor can he fly. Nothing really stops Thor from zipping over and picking him up and throwing him into space.
    This. Thor is still dozens of times faster and has, effectively, all the time in the world to do as much damage as he wants to. Even without the hammer, and without BFR, he could simply dash up, break all the fingers on one of Hulk's hands, then dodge the slow-motion haymaker, then break all the fingers on the other hand, then crush all the bones in one foot, then the other, now the elbows, now the knees, now the neck, now just keep twisting 'til the head pops off. Or just force his hands into the brain-case through the eye-holes. Hulk has a healing factor, and it's impressive, but it's not instant - Thor can keep doing more damage than Hulk can heal from, and Thor has a feat for fighting constantly for 9 months (solo against all of Jotunheim) without food, drink, sleep or rest.

The Wishing Well incident involved magical amps and whatnot as well, so the legitimacy of it as a feat is ... Not quite.

I mean, you can still use the guy. Just not as something that counts for plain-jane Hulk.
    To be fair he wasn't amped, he was just given the key to his full potential.
    During the Arc he was able to, like Matt put it, go Super Saiyan anytime he wanted, but as you said, he doesn't have that kind of boost in his ordinary incarnations and thus becoming World Breaker would require a considerable amount of time.
    Time Thor, even if he doesn't blitz, won't give him, due to his huge strength advantage in base form.

This. Thor is still dozens of times faster and has, effectively, all the time in the world to do as much damage as he wants to. Even without the hammer, and without BFR, he could simply dash up, break all the fingers on one of Hulk's hands, then dodge the slow-motion haymaker, then break all the fingers on the other hand, then crush all the bones in one foot, then the other, now the elbows, now the knees, now the neck, now just keep twisting 'til the head pops off. Or just force his hands into the brain-case through the eye-holes. Hulk has a healing factor, and it's impressive, but it's not instant - Thor can keep doing more damage than Hulk can heal from, and Thor has a feat for fighting constantly for 9 months (solo against all of Jotunheim) without food, drink, sleep or rest.
    Within the parameters that we discuss rumbles here at CBR, you are absolutely correct.

However, as a long-term Thor fan (going back all the way to the early '70s), I am unable to recognize Marvel's Thor in your paragraph above. It's true that Thor has several scattered high-end speed feats that support your description, but his overall long-term presentation as a character has been nothing like a speedster. Thor almost never wins fights based on speed, he wins based on strength, skill, power, tactics and a plot device hammer, but not speed. I like to think that the occasional speed feats are weird functions of Mjolnir's powers and not something inherent to Thor's personal capabilities, but I have no definitive canon evidence to present, and it wouldn't matter from a practical standpoint here. But such an interpretation would explain how Thor can travel at FTL speeds and casually deflect bullets (that he should be tough enough to shrug off anyway) and yet receive blow after blow after blow from big, slow bruisers like Hulk, the Wrecker and Ulik.

I was under the impression that the rebooted Rumbles board started fresh with respect to certain past rulings like Thor's speed, but I haven't been around consistently enough to see where we stand now on Thor. Apparently he is currently recognized as having some level of superhuman speed, but hopefully he is still considered less speedy than Quicksilver.

Thor's speed was one of the ones that stayed static. As fast or faster than Spiderman, slower than Quicksilver.

Going to also point out that you just described PIS to a tee.