Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    THis is going to sound like a dumb question.

I have seen Spider Gwen showing up all over the place. Does she have her own series that I can read to get in on her? I saw int he post above me that it was cancelled. What was so maybe I can find what was out and read it? Thanks for the help.
    Originally titled Spider-Gwen, you can start with the collection of her first 12 issues by Jason Latour and Robbi Rodriguez, Spider-Gwen Vol. 1 or Spider-Verse: Spider-Gwen Vol. 1. Her story then continues in the crossover with Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) and Silk (Cindy Moon) titled Spider-Women, which the writers of all three titles collaborated on, and it leads to interesting consequences going forward for her. There's another crossover with Spider-Man/Miles Morales called "Sitting in a Tree," and she also appears in The Clone Conspiracy saga published around the same time. There are three hardback volume collections in total that encompass the first 29 issues of her overall run, and after that there are two more paperback volumes titled Gwenom (as she bonds with her universe's version of the Venom symbiote) and The Life of Gwen Stacy that wrap up Latour and Rodriguez's story with her. Following that, we have novelist Seanan McGuire, whose novels have dealt with superheroes before, albeit in a more deconstructionist context, taking on Spider-Gwen, renamed --- and relaunched as --- Ghost-Spider by the end of McGuire's first 10-issue run in tandem with Marvel Rising's depiction of her.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Thank you two for the quick answers. I called my friend Kenny. He has a huge collection and loans them out to me like a library lol. Any way he has all the first volume Spider Gwen and well as the second volume and ghost spider. he is going to drop them off Wednesday so I will have a lot to read this week
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Thank you two for the quick answers. I called my friend Kenny. He has a huge collection and loans them out to me like a library lol. Any way he has all the first volume Spider Gwen and well as the second volume and ghost spider. he is going to drop them off Wednesday so I will have a lot to read this week
    You're welcome, and I hope you enjoy reading Spider-Gwen.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Gwen's book was canned for either sales or the virus outbreak.
    The virus definitely isn't to blame. That wouldn't have affected the June solicits, but will definitely affect July's.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm guessing McGuire hasn't commented on it at all?

I searched through her Twitter and Tumblr, and nope, she hasn't commented on it, but people had been asking her, with mo response.

Odd. If it's continuing, I'd expect her to say so to end the speculation. Has she posted at all on social media? Coronavirus could affect people's activity.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, she's very active on on social media. Just go to her twitter and just today she has been tweeting a bunch of stuff, but no word on Ghost-Spider.

She is also generally happy to respond to any question, but anyone who has asked about GS get no reply.
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 03-25-2020 at 10:42 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Yeah, she's very active on on social media. Just go to her twitter and just today she has been tweeting a bunch of stuff, but no word on Ghost-Spider.

She is also generally happy to respond to any question, but anyone who has asked about GS get no reply.
    Yeah...seems like she either got cancelled, is on the brink of cancellation or there are plans and Marvel told her to keep hush hush.

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Yeah...seems like she either got cancelled, is on the brink of cancellation or there are plans and Marvel told her to keep hush hush.
    I guess they could relaunch it, but it seems like a random time to do it, or maybe it gets thrown into a non-Outlawed event.

I'd wait until future solicits to know for sure but who knows when we'll get those at the rate the industry is going.

So What Happens To Comics Next Wednesday? April Fool?
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/03...ay-april-fool/
    One commenter says that both DC and Marvel are still doing direct subscriptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bain Show
    I've received word via chat that my direct subscribed titles from Marvel and DC will arrive as normal for the month of April. Those are already printed and have been processed. This includes Batman and Detective Comics.

So I should have Batman #92 and #93 next month.
    If that's the case, and digital also continues... we could very well end up with books being released without a solicitation.

So the end of Spoiler covers?

For now at least.

Okay so I was going to read Spider Gwen the one by Jason Latour and Robbi Rodriguez. The pirst page had a flash back on the page whee Peter Dies and shows Gwen talking to her father about being Spider Gwen. What issues do these events take place? I would like to start at the beginning. Please give me single issue numbers not trades or collected editions.
    Last edited by babyblob; 04-01-2020 at 01:36 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Okay so I was going to read Spider Gwen the one by Jason Latour and Robbi Rodriguez. The pirst page had a flash back on the page whee Peter Dies and shows Gwen talking to her father about being Spider Gwen. What issues do these events take place? I would like to start at the beginning. Please give me single issue numbers not trades or collected editions.
    Edge of Spider-Verse #2 is Spider-Gwen's first appearance and actually begins "in medias res," with Gwen already having become Spider-Woman, her reality's Peter having died from his transformation into the Lizard, and Spider-Woman being blamed and hunted by the NYPD for that, until Spider-Woman is forced to unmask to NYPD Captain George Stacy, her father, to get him to listen to her. From there, Spider-Gwen #1 starts after the actual Spider-Verse event has been finished and all the Spiders have returned to their own realities, in which George is trying to cope with the revelation that his daughter is the wanted fugitive/vigilante Spider-Woman, and other challenges come his and Gwen's way.