Page 1037 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 375379379871027103310341035103610371038103910401041104710871137 ... LastLast
Results 15,541 to 15,555 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    We might still get a trio's belt. What other reason do they have for giving every team a third man?
    Outside of Cody, most of the founding guys of AEW made their name in Japan, which is a very heavy faction-oriented promotion. I think they're just going with what they know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    AEW to introduce a TNT championship, champion to be determined by a tournament
    M
    J
    F
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

I got Cody winning the TNT title. Cody took himself out of the world title picture, so winning the second tier makes it less mid card and more like the IC belt used to be. The belt you give the workhorse or the #2 guy.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I got Cody winning the TNT title. Cody took himself out of the world title picture, so winning the second tier makes it less mid card and more like the IC belt used to be. The belt you give the workhorse or the #2 guy.
    It probably is a good idea to give it to a top guy like Cody at the start, just to help establish the belt as something actually worth caring about. You can use it to elevate someone else afterwards.

Ultimate Member

Eh that feels too similar to what they did with the World Title. This time, give it to an up and coming star and let them make it into something cool and different.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

AEW barely makes use of Orange. I doubt he'll win it. Smart money is Darby vs Sammy Guevara in the final with Darby winning.
    that's to OC's advantage. AEW knows orange is really over with the crowd but they use him just enough to keep people interested but not burning out on him. if this was the E, they would've shoved him down everyone's throats until we got tired of him. or competely **** him up to the point where what made him special is lost.

but yeah. been saying for months that if a mid-tier belt came up, i'd have darby and sammy as the kings of it.

Okay, that's what I thought.

Back to the minors, kid
    For what it's worth, according to Alvarez in the dirt sheets the flip dive was unplanned.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    that's to OC's advantage. AEW knows orange is really over with the crowd but they use him just enough to keep people interested but not burning out on him. if this was the E, they would've shoved him down everyone's throats until we got tired of him. or competely **** him up to the point where what made him special is lost.

but yeah. been saying for months that if a mid-tier belt came up, i'd have darby and sammy as the kings of it.
    Well Darby and Sammy are going at it in Round one

Astonishing Member

The New Jack doc on Dark Side was a complete indictment of hardcore wrestling. New Jacks mouth was far better than his matches.

The New Jack doc on Dark Side was a complete indictment of hardcore wrestling. New Jacks mouth was far better than his matches.
    To this day I wonder if New Jack is still working for the camera or if he's really that much of a psycho, because he flat out admits that he's trying to basically kill people at times.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    To this day I wonder if New Jack is still working for the camera or if he's really that much of a psycho, because he flat out admits that he's trying to basically kill people at times.
    Just a show off, a tough one but still....I don't think he wants to kill people. He needs to be a bad ass mother*** and runs his mouth.

Does anyone know if The dark side of the ring is available in other countries like in Europe, or is planned for streaming? I want to see it with German subtitles, because a friend of mine cannot speak englisch and wants to see it too

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

He definitely tried to kill Vic Grimes in the scaffolding match they had in XPW. I believe him if he tried killing other people

Astonishing Member

He is a wrestler , they can't help but play to the camera, bit his actions proves that he cares very little if he hurts you.

While he could never work in the WWE, just imagine what he could do for a tag team like AOP.

I could see Impact taking a run at home as a manager. A stable of Willie Mack, Swann, and Moose would be fire.

Astonishing Member

A wrestler who does not care about his opponent is a piece of sh***

Hardcore or not...wrestling is putting your health in the hands of someone else, he should damn take care of you.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    A wrestler who does not care about his opponent is a piece of sh***

Hardcore or not...wrestling is putting your health in the hands of someone else, he should damn take care of you.
    That really can't be argued.Wrestling is simulated combat.Your responsibility is to make it look believable while keeping your opponent safe.

Cornette had a good shoot on why hardcore wrestling doesn't make sense but here is something that I disagree with Cornette on.

He believes that wrestling should remain regional. I don't think that possible in modern day.

There are no local TV deals other than for some sports teams.Even local radio is dying. You can't be really successful and just be local wrestling promotion.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

He definitely tried to kill Vic Grimes in the scaffolding match they had in XPW. I believe him if he tried killing other people
    There is a place for hardcore if done well and timed right. New Jack was always an extreme hardcore guy. Half the time people weren't sure if he was being "real" that he would kill someone or if it was the act.

The Vic Grimes deal was , back in the dying days of ECW the 2 men had a hardcore match. Grimes screwed up a bump where Jack hit the concrete and caused some brain fluid to go through his nose.

https://grantland.com/features/new-j...r-retired-ecw/

The fall in question took place in 2000, when New Jack wrestled Vic Grimes in a scaffold match at ECW’s Living Dangerously pay-per-view in Danbury, Connecticut. Both wrestlers were teetering on top of a huge scaffold, and both were supposed to fall, but Grimes told New Jack that he couldn’t do it. So New Jack grabbed Grimes and forced his opponent to fall with him. It didn’t go well. They missed the tables that had been set up, falling straight down to the concrete floor. Grimes, a huge man, landed on New Jack’s head. New Jack has said that he remembers seeing brain fluid leaking out of his nose after the fall, and that he’s been blind in one eye ever since. Watching footage of the fall, it’s amazing that he survived at all.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.