• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 500 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 40045049049649749849950050150250350451055060010001500 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 52830

"The whole attitude of “stop making them gay, they both dated girls so they are straight,” makes me a little sick honestly. Bisexuality exists. Pansexuality exits. Exceptions exits. Sexual orientation is a spectrum, this is not news. We have known this for decades. Please get your offensive ignorance out of fandom."

BANNED

I am quite surprised that WINDRIDER and Malachi are not talking.

BANNED

Posting some awesomeness.

As far as Storm being bisexual. I think she's personally straight. As a Straight male Psylocke fan, I realize she has a lot of gay male fans. They want to relate to her in the way of being gay or bisexual. Psylocke isn't, one writer showed her having a lesbian adventure with cluster. No other writer has even touched that aspect of her again. Until it becomes a major part of her life, then it cannot be considered canon. Psylocke has always been portrayed as sexually active, even in the 70's and early 80's. It's part of who she is. But now that things are changing in society, many of her fans want her to be gay, or bisexual just because they are. My thing is just create a new gay character.
    Claremont over the years has done overt, and slightly less overt things to portray Storm and Yukio as being sexy for each other.
    But I've always seen their closeness as being like soulmates, a bond stronger than sisters, but not homosexual. You can be close to someone and not be lovers. It's easier to portray that with women, than males. But I dont think it makes sense to make a character something they aren't just to please people.

It's not a hater thing, it's a consistency thing. Characters can evolve, but like all humans fictional or not, they don't just radically change. Emma's been my favorite Bitch since I met her in the 80's. No matter how much she's done good or bad, her core is bitchy sarcasm, but if someone made her booty bump Selene out of nowhere it's a radical change that isn't consistent with who she is. So making popular characters gay isn't the answer. Making good gay characters is the answer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Posting some awesomeness.

As far as Storm being bisexual. I think she's personally straight. As a Straight male Psylocke fan, I realize she has a lot of gay male fans. They want to relate to her in the way of being gay or bisexual. Psylocke isn't, one writer showed her having a lesbian adventure with cluster. No other writer has even touched that aspect of her again. Until it becomes a major part of her life, then it cannot be considered canon. Psylocke has always been portrayed as sexually active, even in the 70's and early 80's. It's part of who she is. But now that things are changing in society, many of her fans want her to be gay, or bisexual just because they are. My thing is just create a new gay character.
    Claremont over the years has done overt, and slightly less overt things to portray Storm and Yukio as being sexy for each other.
    But I've always seen their closeness as being like soulmates, a bond stronger than sisters, but not homosexual. You can be close to someone and not be lovers. It's easier to portray that with women, than males. But I dont think it makes sense to make a character something they aren't just to please people.

It's not a hater thing, it's a consistency thing. Characters can evolve, but like all humans fictional or not, they don't just radically change. Emma's been my favorite Bitch since I met her in the 80's. No matter how much she's done good or bad, her core is bitchy sarcasm, but if someone made her booty bump Selene out of nowhere it's a radical change that isn't consistent with who she is. So making popular characters gay isn't the answer. Making good gay characters is the answer.
    Thanks a lot Tazirai for sharing your opinion.

Beautifully put.

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    You dont know what Storm is because you dont write her, just because you have this fascination of her being straight dosent mean its right and its time to let it go, I always thought of Storm as having no boundaries and no being afraid of her sexuality whatever it is that may be. Alot of writers do make sexual undertones with certain characters and you would be a fool to not see something between her and Yukio it was more than simply a friendship so accept it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Son_Of_A_Goddess View Post
    "The whole attitude of “stop making them gay, they both dated girls so they are straight,” makes me a little sick honestly. Bisexuality exists. Pansexuality exits. Exceptions exits. Sexual orientation is a spectrum, this is not news. We have known this for decades. Please get your offensive ignorance out of fandom."
    I'm going to enjoy the irony of saying: STRAIGHT TALK!!!

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Um, no thanks, Ororo Munroe is doing just fine the way she is. Now that she's been liberated by the burdensome clutch of lesser writers who have casually placed her in the glorified auxiliary position when she should be at the forefront, for as long as this heaven-sent solo lasts, I look forward to an epoch of equanimity fabulosity.

What she needs more than anything right now in her life is thorough introspective redefinition of her principles and the recalibration of her life itself. This woman has been wrongfully trudged through the mud for many years now and has casually been used as a stepping-stone for the measly progression of other characters' banal stories (specifically, Scott and Logan) as a result of staggering Editorial incompetence and overall neglect from a myriad of writers who have used and abused her (specifically Bendis). Pak's first issue is looking to hold forth the sought after remedy that'd sooner alleviate the narrative maladies which she's been heavily wrought with. It's easy to see things from the eyes of her detractors. Specifically, the ones who have claimed to be "Storm fans" in the past but, as of recent, have been put off by the character. Truthfully, she's been boring, she's been inconsistent, she's been lauded all over the bloody place with no solid footing and she's been overbearingly difficult. Hitherto the arrival of her solo, she was a lost woman who remembered not her way , thankfully, Pak is looking to change that.

A sexuality complex is not what the characters needs right now and I certainly hope this isn't a precipice that she dangle on for too long at any point within the future, lest I be fully convinces that they've run out of compelling ideas for the character and are now looking for the final incentives with which to expunge sheeple-fans of their money. Because when this happens, you can say goodbye to discussions on the axiomatic nuances that made the character who she was and say hello to polls on what single lady she should get hooked up with, and, um, whether or not she's a butch or she's a butch or femme? Because that is exactly what will happen. Her sexuality will become who she is and vice versa. People who aren't all too accustomed with the comics-verse will know her as that bisexual black woman that controls the weather. Emphasis on the bisexual part or let's just cut the associated labels and just leave at the bisexual. It will be the fundamental determinant of discussions and under the wrong writer, her stories as well. All because she had to acquiesce to the desires of what I perceive to be an insatiable subset of the comic book fandom.

Take David Alleyne for example. Nice guy, former leader of the New X-Men turned admirable anarchist then call-centre employee. The minute he came out has bi on YA, that was pretty much it. Course, that's most definitely another thing (from a list of many) that we share in common, but that's not just who his character is. It happened now, and people were more concerned with whom he was scandalously! snogging and where he'd be sticking his penis, and for the life of me, whilst understanding that we're living in a viscerally sex-fixated culture, I cannot comprehend why this be vehemently permeated into fiction. Why are we so bloody concerned with our character's sexual orientation and why must we make that the pressing focus? David is more than his sexuality. Storm, if...well, if ever it happened, would be/is more than her sexuality, but why are we so concerned about whom they're having sex with or who they're sexually attracted to? Take that 'Is Iceman Gay?' thread, lmao, what a bloody nightmare.

I'm in full agreement with Tazirai and Immy, in that the solution is to create more LGBT character than to needlessly incorporate an aspect like this, as a result of a fad, onto existing characters.
    Last edited by DavidMunroe; 08-02-2014 at 06:04 AM. Reason: this'll get edited more, though

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    im not a fan of AoA Storm costume but this art makes her look young and beautiful.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMunroe View Post
    Um, no thanks, Ororo Munroe is doing just fine the way she is. Now that she's been liberated by the burdensome clutch of lesser writers who have casually placed her in the glorified ancillary position where she should be at the forefront, for as long as this heaven-sent solo lasts, I look forward to an epoch of equanimity fabulosity.

What she needs more than anything right now in her life is thorough introspective redefinition of her principles and the recalibration of her life itself. This woman she been wrongfully trudged through the mud for many years now and has casually been used as a stepping-stone for the measly progression of other characters' banal stories (specifically, Scott and Logan) as a result of staggering Editorial incompetence and overall neglect from a myriad of writers who have used and abused her (specifically Bendis). Pak's first issue is looking to hold forth the sought after remedy that'd sooner alleviate the narrative maladies which she's been heavily wrought with. It's easy to see things from the eyes of her detractors. Specifically, the ones who have claimed to be "Storm fans" in the past but, as of recent, have been put off by the character. Truthfully, she's been boring, she's been inconsistent, she's been lauded all over the bloody place with no solid footing and she's been overbearingly difficult. Hitherto the arrival of her solo, she was a lost woman who remembered not her way , thankfully, Pak is looking to change that.

A sexuality complex is not what the characters needs right now and I certainly hope this isn't a precipice that she dangle on for too long at any point within the future, lest I be fully convinces that they've run out of compelling ideas for the character and are now looking for the final incentives with which to expunge sheeple-fans of their money. Because when this happens, you can say goodbye to discussions on the axiomatic nuances that made the character who she was and say hello to polls on what single lady she should get hooked up with, and, um, whether or not she's a butch or she's a butch or femme? Because that is exactly what will happen. Her sexuality will become who she is and vice versa. People who aren't all too accustomed with the comics-verse will know her as that bisexual black woman that controls the weather. Emphasis on the bisexual part or let's just cut the associated labels and just leave at the bisexual. It will be the fundamental determinant of discussions and under the wrong writer, her stories as well. All because she had to acquiesce to the desires of what I perceive to be an insatiable subset of the comic book fandom.

Take David Alleyne for example. Nice guy, former leader of the New X-Men turned admirable anarchist then call-centre employee. The minute he came out has bi on YA, that was pretty much it. Course, that's most definitely another thing (from a list of many) that we share in common, but that's not just who his character is. It happened now, and people were more concerned with whom he was scandalously! snogging and where he'd be sticking his penis, and for the life of me, whilst understanding that we're living in a viscerally sex-fixated culture, I cannot comprehend why this be vehemently permeated into fiction. Why are we so bloody concerned with our character's sexual orientation and why must we make that the pressing focus? David is more than his sexuality. Storm, if...well, if ever it happened, would be/is more than her sexuality, but why are we so concerned about whom they're having sex with or who they're sexually attracted to? Take that 'Is Iceman Gay?' thread, lmao, what a bloody nightmare.

I'm in full agreement with Tazirai and Immy, in that the solution is to create more LGBT character than to needlessly incorporate an aspect like this, as a result of a fad, onto existing characters.

Well said David. by the way, is David Munroe your real name?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMunroe View Post

This was my username on OldCBR

Anyway ... Foolish humans ... Storm is not gay... She's not bi... She's not straight... She is a female mutant who controls and is one with the elements of nature ...connected to the life force and pulse of earth and even the universe itself ... She is into love ... She's beyond the thoughts and limits of gender or sexuality .. That's my opinion at least ... It's funny though how angry people get on both sides... It's like their sexuality is being attacked personally haha wow

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderNLightning View Post

Anyway ... Foolish humans ... Storm is not gay... She's not bi... She's not straight... She is a female mutant who controls and is one with the elements of nature ...connected to the life force and pulse of earth and even the universe itself ... She is into love ... She's beyond the thoughts and limits of gender or sexuality .. That's my opinion at least ... It's funny though how angry people get on both sides... It's like their sexuality is being attacked personally haha wow
    I see. I think the site doesn't allow multiple accounts so you'd better use one account only. I'd like to ask still why you chose the name David Munroe before.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I see. I think the site doesn't allow multiple accounts so you'd better use one account only. I'd like to ask still why you chose the name David Munroe before.

I do only use one account... Cause my name is David and Munroe for Storm but it's her fathers name ...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    You dont know what Storm is because you dont write her, just because you have this fascination of her being straight dosent mean its right and its time to let it go, I always thought of Storm as having no boundaries and no being afraid of her sexuality whatever it is that may be. Alot of writers do make sexual undertones with certain characters and you would be a fool to not see something between her and Yukio it was more than simply a friendship so accept it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Son_Of_A_Goddess View Post

This and this. Storm has no limits, not on her sexuality or anything else. The fact that she was involved in some of the most heavy-handed homoerotic subtext in superhero comics as well as invoking iconic lesbian imagery in her punk phase at a time where ANY hint of queerness had to be under the radar speaks volumes.

The fact that DavidMunroe described such sexuality as a "complex"?

I never thought Storm fans could be so closed with selective blindness. I'm truly disheartened.

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    You don't write her too. Storm is not afraid of her sexuality that's why she shows it and have relationships with men. Writers may have made sexual undertones but they remain as undertones.

Why don't you check this out. It's about Captain America and Iron Man: http://tardiscrash.tumblr.com/post/1...in-america-and

Tell me what you think.

You may check this one too: http://community.comicbookresources....-Should-Be-Gay
    I dont care about Captain America or Wonder Woman being gay, As i said she was open with her sexuality she has no boundairies meaning there is a possibility that she can be experimental with whomever she likes, just because you are so adamant that you want her straighjt and think they made her straight and she is nothing but straight, so stop being so blinded and closeminded to things Storm is free with her sexuality whomever she feels she wants to be with and she is not limited.

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderNLightning View Post

This is the point i was trying to get to Rlammjr, I completely agree with you on this.