Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    LoL, It’s dirt. Ric is literally a filthy hobo. How anyone on the book thought that was a good idea says all that really needs to be said about this run.
    DC wants to communicate that Dick/Ric Grayson is nasty, filthy, and unwashed. Not so subliminal messaging.

Incredible Member

Think the most jarring thing about this entire arc/move by DC (apart from it not being good in general) is the sheer amount of force/effort being put into pushing this change of name.

I mean that cover. "Return of Ric Grayson" in bold letters. C'mon...

In fact it can be argued that this is factually incorrect as we've never had "Ric Grayson" so there cannot be a return. Nit-picky I know but it's really a testament to my view on it.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The way they're pushing Ric is definitive New 52 like when they're trying to push Joker's Daughter, or when they wanted to convince everyone that Lois is not fitting for Superman. They make Lois and Clark future baby dying of Kryptonian blood poisoning, and keep making Lois and Clark say stuffs like "You're my best friend" ...well actually, Dick and Babs do it too... or like when they say Harper Row is fan favorite... they already decide what they want to do with them and try to force it on readers

Incredible Member

Exactly @ "fan favourite".

Another, probably the most annoying, one - "What you've (fans) been asking for!"

Excuse me...who asked for this? Which fans? Point them out.
    Last edited by Mr. White; 01-09-2019 at 03:46 AM. Reason: typo

I hate that cover so much

As dumb as the cover is, the actual issue is even worse. The ideas on this are so lazy and unimaginative. Just generic, over narrated, dribble. This beyond simplistic and predictable story really shouldn’t have taken 7 issues.

Btw rather creepy that Ric keeps rope, gloves, gasoline, and a club in his trunk.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-09-2019 at 01:26 PM.

BANNED

I come to Nightwing to read about a adventures of a lone vigilante... But this book turned in to team book now... And i hate it.

Amazing Member

Subscription cancelled, and I never thought I'd say that about a Nightwing book. I've been following Dick Grayson for over 40 years now, and have stuck with him through thick and thin. Unfortunately, Dick isn't in this book anymore, and I'll come back to the title when Dick does.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    I come to Nightwing to read about a adventures of a lone vigilante... But this book turned in to team book now... And i hate it.
    You hate it now because it became a team book and not an offensive to the senses level of incompetent writing? Wild.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I love the variant cover, is like Dick is expressing his sadness for this direction lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

This is the first issue I'm officially not buying after pulling it from my LCS list, and I'M SO GLAD.
    Not a dime of my money will go to "The Return of RIC** Grayson".

**After typing that name I plan to stab myself in the hand immediately after hitting "post quick reply"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I love the variant cover, is like Dick is expressing his sadness for this direction lol.
    "I'm gonna rub soot all over my face so nobody will know it's me." Can't blame him.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

At least he's back as Nightwing (kind of). So that's one step closer to Dick coming back.

Even to the people that defended this story this had to have felt like a lackluster ending to the Scarecrow arc. It kind of just fizzled out with Ric becoming a "hero" again as soon as the dumb Nightwings team got in trouble. Just like everyone saw coming from a mile away. The amount of laziness here in the writing, and even the art in this issue, was overwhelming.

Incredible Member

I was very open minded to this arc when it started but now I feel that this story line and direction is pointless. I just watched the first 3 episodes of Young Justice and can’t understand why DC dropped the covert spy angle they had with Grayson. Young Justice Night Wing is the proof that it can work.