Page 398 of 662 FirstFirst ... 298348388394395396397398399400401402408448498 ... LastLast
Results 5,956 to 5,970 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I assumed it was on our Moon. Due to the fact TChalla came back with his group. I didn’t see it stated that Storm was in another Galaxy. I saw “Moon Base” so I assumed it was Earth’s Moon that Storm came in through the portal.
    I don't blame you for that assumption, I've been saying Coates is a bad story teller for years. Lol.

A few clues are the sky looks like ours, while our moon has no atmosphere to look like an Earth daytime. Storm used the galactic gate to get there. And there is a city below them.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    That's exactly what I'm talking about, actually. I don't think you're 'imagining' anything and I've never said so. I agree, this black woman's narrative is a real issue. So, as I've asked you at least three times: Why does Ororo, the black woman, have to leave the X-books to further her own narrative with the same agency and spotlight as white woman Emma Frost? You tell me, I'm honestly asking. Because right now I'm the one talking about Ororo. You're only talking about me.
    You two need to hold on. I need to get snacks and tea for this.

BANNED

Nah. I think I've made my point.

At the end of the day for me as much as i love Ororo i am an x-men fan and though she is my fave i love X-men. I love the premsie of marauders and i don't care if she is leading as i personally like the freedom that affords her to be other places I enjoyed Duggan's work on Uncanny Avengers and look forward to hearing how he voices Storm and whatever he writes i'll know how i feel about it when i read it and i'm looking forward to it. And the books Storm won't be in.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    That's exactly what I'm talking about, actually. I don't think you're 'imagining' anything and I've never said so. I agree, this black woman's narrative is a real issue. So, as I've asked you at least three times: Why does Ororo, the black woman, have to leave the X-books to further her own narrative with the same agency and spotlight as white woman Emma Frost? You tell me, I'm honestly asking. Because right now I'm the one talking about Ororo. You're only talking about me.
    I didn't say she had to go outside of the X-Men to further the mutant agenda. Never mentioned it once. I pushed back against the idea that BECAUSE she's not shown as an active team member that somehow she is neglecting mutant issue during a mutant holocaust. My point was even if she isnt on an active team, there are many ways that her specific narrative and relationship with mutant causes can be pushed in a real way that matches to push Marvel gives into getting us to believe she's a celebrity. I'm implying that Emma's character warrants greater detail outside of being the eternal X-Men member, but she can still use her brain and her sense of agency to effect change in the mutant world. How long has the X-office had to come to a better understanding of Storm's narrative moving forward? But fans shouldn't complain when Emma's narrative shows that they care about having her voice matter to the mutant cause. Lol it's made even more hilarious that there's a conversation happening around our where two fans are openly acknowledging that they are apprehensive about any title she appear because of the lack of cohesion. I patiently await you shifting the narrative once again.

BANNED

And BTW, it's bullshit Ororo didn't have a much bigger tenure as an Avenger. I'm still mad about that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I didn't say she had to go outside of the X-Men to further the mutant agenda. Never mentioned it once. I pushed back against the idea that BECAUSE she's not shown as an active team member that somehow she is neglecting mutant issue during a mutant holocaust.
    I think the way Ororo was handled during that period was wildly OOC. But it's not a fault of the character, it's a fault of editorial, period. It was also something that IIRC the writing addressed later, albeit belatedly when they finally brought Ororo back into the fold. Later knew it was a bad move and discussed it in the text, which was appropriate. It would be one thing if they'd properly unified the dual aspects of Ororo the mutant to Ororo the queen of Wakanda. Back then they didn't.

I patiently await you shifting the narrative once again.
    I haven't been the one having that particular problem. As to the here and now: Neither Ororo nor Emma are off active X-team duty going forward. Both can still fulfill new roles while doing so.

BANNED

You haven't been the one sticking to the narrative. I haven't budged from any of my points they'll remain the same until her narrative changes. I'm glad we can come to a better understanding tho. Her time away from the team includes all of her personal life. You made the point that she neglected mutant issues to get married and go on trips around the world. You implied that she isn't important to mutant issues if she's not on the team. She's in Fearless as a solo heroine in her own right and her mutant identity clearly isnt taken from her. So why do YOU personally believe that Storm isn't pulling her full share of mutant work if she's not on an X-Men team, leader or not?

I love that these STORM fans are now joining in our thread and it's craziness.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 09-29-2019 at 07:49 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

How come nobody brought up the fact that Storm created a Hurricane and Tornadoes on the Moon. In BP#16???
    I actually did bring it up that she warped weather on a planet without needing to acclimate to the environment which I said she may have been able to do because of her goddess powers or being an omega.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I love that these STORM fans are now joining in our thread and craziness.
    It has been a long time since the classic days of ten page arguments. That mass banning a year ago really slowed things down.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    You made the point that she neglected mutant issues to get married and go on trips around the world.
    No, actually I said that her distancing from the X-Men at the time of her marriage to T'Challa was a forced editorial choice that reflected poorly on the character and her history. She deserved better than that, and fortunately the current treatment of her in BP and the X-books is reflecting that for me at the moment.

You implied that she isn't important to mutant issues if she's not on the team.
    I also never implied that, no.

So why do YOU personally believe that Storm isn't pulling her full share of mutant work if she's not on an X-Men team, leader or not?
    Never said that either, but you seem bound and determined to force an argument about why Storm shouldn't be on the X-Men anymore with someone, anyone out there. Ain't gonna be me, though. Best of luck! I'm sure we look forward to your rationale.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    It has been a long time since the classic days of ten page arguments. That mass banning a year ago really slowed things down.
    I feel a tear coming on. Lol

We restarted this thread 4 or 5 times, (5,000 posts was the limit) before they increased the page count and re-booted CBR.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Sorry. I'm not a pirate fan. Pirates to me are running from the law and stealing/killing people on ships.

If this was a space adventurer i could go with it but on Earth, i see no reason for it. Especially when Storm and Iceman can travel around the world in seconds/minutes. Plus Krakoa has an active teleportation system...making sailing the sea seems unnecessary.

Not a fan of Kitty as leader. Especially, not a fan of Kitty as Storm's leader...sorry Gold still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Again, if you and others give it a good review. I'll check it out.
    So you would be ok with them being...space pirates? And I would say that simply put for this version of canon Storm and Iceman cannot travel the world in minutes because that would just break the story. And the reason is outlined in PoX bring in the drugs to the countries who oppose Krakoa and get the mutants out of said country while dealing with anti-mutant establishments.

And I have a feeling this is obviously gonna be a different version of Kitty than Guggs version from the interviews the writer seems to have a good understanding of the characters and relationship to each other so while Kitty will most likely be the main focus I doubt it will turn into the Kitty SHOW like GOLD to the detriment of ever character not named Kitty.

You can prop up Captain Kate without taking down Hadari Yao.
    Last edited by loke13; 09-29-2019 at 08:09 PM.

Stop right there. Not salty Let’s get that cleared out. Second, I’m only trying to understand your reason for dismissing a book to which your reason you gave doesn’t make sense. I agree it’s not rocket science it’s just to me illogical. I mean why bother. And oh No sir Dictate not at all. I merely gave you a suggestion. To which you already understood the suggestion. But given the response you gave is why I think it doesn’t make sense. So I’m turn I stated that you shouldn’t bother at all given your mind already being set. My intent wasn’t to sound condescending really. I’m not trying to convince Fans here. But what I am is pointing the fact out to the fans who have their minds set in a book they have yet read and have a negative outlook on due to the premise and the team and the writer when some of them have never read any of his work. The beauty is not about it being up to me. But about people as yourself who should be open and actually give a book a chance at least read 2-3 issues and decide(for themselves) instead of already writing it off like it’s a bad book to begin with. And relying on Fandom reviews when in reality it’s not going to change how you already perceive the book to be. That’s the Beauty sir and I hope you could understand that. That’s all I’m saying really.
    Ummm not salty OK. Hence why you edited your reply 3 times to tell me not to bother to get the book Lol. But whatevs. If you were interested in a dialogue to better understand my frame of thinking then you’re going about the wrong way, despite the fact that your replies clearly indicate you understand my logic but simply disagree with it. You could have left it at that.

So I’m turn I stated that you shouldn’t bother at all given your mind already being set. My intent wasn’t to sound condescending really. I’m not trying to convince Fans here. But what I am is pointing the fact out to the fans who have their minds set in a book they have yet read and have a negative outlook on due to the premise and the team and the writer when some of them have never read any of his work.
    And yet my mind isn’t set. My post didn’t say the book is shit. There is also beauty in getting your facts straight. My post said...”skeptical”.... it referenced multiple bad runs for Storm. Previous posts stated “not excited about the book due to the preview art”....”will wait to get fan opinions before I decide”. That says, in case you didn’t catch the drift, my mind isn’t made up yet. I don’t blindly trust writers claims about her usage/role in a book but trust fellow fans to give me the tea.

But about people as yourself who should be open and actually give a book a chance at least read 2-3 issues and decide(for themselves) instead of already writing it off like it’s a bad book to begin with. And relying on Fandom reviews when in reality it’s not going to change how you already perceive the book to be.
    And this is where you need to check yourself. I should do what I want to do and not what you think I should do. If I choose to get fan opinions, which I’ve done for years, before I spend some coins then that’s up to me. Most times I agree, sometimes I don’t but its my choice. If that makes you clearly feel some type of way then too bad.