Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default SDCC: Marvel Announces All-Ages, In-Continuity "Spidey"

Marvel Comics' new all-ages, in-continuity "Spidey" will star a teenage Peter Parker.

Full article here.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Marvel just wants to steal all my money, don't they? Anyway, I'm glad that this is a thing. I can give this to my niece and nephews.

"They're all standalone stories. These are designed to be in the classic Marvel mold; every issue is a first issue."
    What? An old fashion-style series with stand-alone issues instead of one big 6- or 7-issue arc after another? I think I'm in!
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

It's a nice idea, if nothing else for allowing the main Peter Parker book to mature the character and go in new directions whilst having Spidey act as a classic era book. Plus we'll hopefully get new stories with classic Green Suit Ock, Green Goblin before Peter knew who he was, Vulture and Sandman and Kraven, Betty Brant as Peter's girl again...

This sounds like a fun idea. I think it's great that a new all-ages book is coming out, and I'll be interested to hear the reactions.
    “Marvel Fan Rave Podcast” on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and more.

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

In hindsight, thinking that Peter wasn't going to be the main spider-man was incredibly silly, especially considering he now has 2(3 if you count DP team up) ongoings.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

This sounds like a fun idea. I like how every issue will be stand-alone to the point where young readers can buy it at any point during its run.

I just want every issue to be 2.99 each. If it's going to be an all-aged comic, it should be affordable for "all-ages," as in young kids who want to buy a new issue of Spidey every month.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

All-New Member

when marvel says for mature audiences, they mean mature audiences. when they say teen and up, they mean all ages. when they say all ages, they mean 6 and under, or people with no attention span whatsoever

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    when marvel says for mature audiences, they mean mature audiences. when they say teen and up, they mean all ages. when they say all ages, they mean 6 and under, or people with no attention span whatsoever
    I don't know. There are some teen and up books that I'd never let my niece and nephews read.

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Chicken View Post
    In hindsight, thinking that Peter wasn't going to be the main spider-man was incredibly silly, especially considering he now has 2(3 if you count DP team up) ongoings.
    4 If you count Uncanny Avengers, since he's on that team.

BANNED

Miles isn't all ages?

BANNED

i fear this book will just be for children and nothing more...dumbed down spidey tales

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Miles isn't all ages?
    All Ages essentially means a Parent can give the comic to their 6-year old without any concern.

This is essentially a Modern "Untold Tales" which is pretty cool.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

So, half Ultimate Spidey, half MC2.

Fantastic Member

I hope this doesn't do what untold tales did, and introduce characters that are seemingly tightly woven into the social paradigm at the school, making it seem weird we never see them in the old issues. Other than that it sounds fun. More bully flash! That'll be fun .