Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

great series run in the 1990s. Bring back this lineup. Let Priest write it.

BANNED

Luke Cage, Hero For Hire #2 Aug 1972
    "Vengeance is Mine!"

When Luke Cage's actions cause a decline in business for a local drug dealer,

he is forced to pit his diamond-hard fists against the deadly assassin known as Diamondback.

Script by Archie Goodwin, pencils by George Tuska, inks by Billy Graham

People usually don't give him his dues, but I largly enjoyed Goerge Tuska's art. O highly underappreciated artist, IMHO.

Peace

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    it was my go-to series, at one point; all the characters I gave a damn about. I wish that Stark Industries had absorbed Oracle.

Maybe that could have led to an all-new Force Works trying to preempt natural and man-made disasters.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Maybe that could have led to an all-new Force Works trying to preempt natural and man-made disasters.
    still waiting on that reunion. at this point, I'd settle for a reunion between Herc and Dane. they could have been the Beast and Wonderman of that group; had he gotten his drinking under control. *imagines Hercules and Stark at AA meeting*

This super group was really underrated. I'm reading the run now for the first time and I'm baffled that it still isn't around.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    This super group was really underrated. I'm reading the run now for the first time and I'm baffled that it still isn't around.
    just wasn't room for it when the heroes returned, I guess. I think they should have just changed up the scope of the book. a lot of their adventures, at the time, were stuff that the Avengers would normally be doing. but stuff like taking a job to protect or hunt the Punisher would have been fine. Dane's solo mission to investigate a dragon corporate raider was also fairgame.

BANNED

Around 2:35 HEROES FOR HIRE during Luke Cage season 2 confirmed!

Recently finished reading the Heroes for Hire by Abnett and Lanning the Complete Collection TPB. Not as good as the Ostrander and Ferry 90's series (then again, nothing is), but quite an entretaining read. The set-up for the series is quite interesting, though it's difficult for me to accept any book as H4H without the presence of the original Hero for Hire, Luke Cage, Power Man, who hardly makes a one panel cameo throughout the entire series. Danny "Iron Fist" Rand at least has a larger presence. And, even though Paladin and Misty Knight have spearheaded two H4H series, it's hard not to think of them as a mercenary "gun" for hire and a Daughter of the Dragon P.I. Still, good stories with mostly decent art. I recommend it to H4H fans who haven't picked it up.

https://www.amazon.com/Heroes-Hire-A...eroes+for+hire

Peace

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Recently finished reading the Heroes for Hire by Abnett and Lanning the Complete Collection TPB. Not as good as the Ostrander and Ferry 90's series (then again, nothing is), but quite an entretaining read. The set-up for the series is quite interesting, though it's difficult for me to accept any book as H4H without the presence of the original Hero for Hire, Luke Cage, Power Man, who hardly makes a one panel cameo throughout the entire series. Danny "Iron Fist" Rand at least has a larger presence. And, even though Paladin and Misty Knight have spearheaded two H4H series, it's hard not to think of them as a mercenary "gun" for hire and a Daughter of the Dragon P.I. Still, good stories with mostly decent art. I recommend it to H4H fans who haven't picked it up.

https://www.amazon.com/Heroes-Hire-A...eroes+for+hire

Peace
    When you say two Heroes for Hire series, are you referring to the one that started back in the original Civil War, that also happened to include the Black Cat and a new Tarantula (no apparent relation to the Tarantulas from Spider-Man), as well as Misty Knight reteaming with Colleen Wing, plus Shang-Chi and Humbug?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    When you say two Heroes for Hire series, are you referring to the one that started back in the original Civil War, that also happened to include the Black Cat and a new Tarantula (no apparent relation to the Tarantulas from Spider-Man), as well as Misty Knight reteaming with Colleen Wing, plus Shang-Chi and Humbug?
    Yep. I also mostly skipped that one, but may pick it up if they ever decide to release one of these complete series TPBs. It's a really enjoyable way of reading stuff.

Peace

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Yep. I also mostly skipped that one, but may pick it up if they ever decide to release one of these complete series TPBs. It's a really enjoyable way of reading stuff.

Peace
    I read the first five issues in the rereleased Civil War TPB collections, though they were bundled with issues 101-105 of Thunderbolts for some reason. That aside, I did enjoy what I read.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I read the first five issues in the rereleased Civil War TPB collections, though they were bundled with issues 101-105 of Thunderbolts for some reason. That aside, I did enjoy what I read.
    I almost purchased that collection, but decided to wait a bit. There are other things that intrrest me more at the moment and money doesn't grow on trees. Maybe later.

Peace

I want to see a cartoon show based on the team. It should happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I want to see a cartoon show based on the team. It should happen.
    I think they should consider a Defenders cartoon. It wouldn't necessarily have all 4 working together all the time. But it can be a sort of cartoon anthology where all the Netflix guys do their own thing but cross paths and work together occasionally.