Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default The MCU X-Men: News, Speculation and Discussion

So I figure we should have a single thread for all things related to the X-Men return to Marvel Studios, whether is updates on the Disney/Fox deal, pitches, fancasts, videos, pics, theories, anything!

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

The Best and Worst Ways To Introduce Mutants Into The MCU

http://stay-tuned-true-believers.tum...e-mutants-into

I think this thread should've been started a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post

How is "patience" it's own seperate answer? They'll still have to pick on option, whenever they get around to the X-Men.

I dig the House of M scenario. I also think it could work as a post credits stinger after Dark Phoenix. The X-men return to Earth from space 25 years later, due to near lightspeed travel out in the cosmos and relativity. They show up at the mansion in the present day MCU and Colossus (the big more comic accurate one from Deadpool) opens the door and says, “We’ve been waiting for you.” Camera pans back and we see Doctor Strange, Tony Stark and Reed Richards in FF costume sitting in the parlor. Richards smiles, says “a lot has happened since you left.” Boom. Fade to black.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    How is "patience" it's own seperate answer? They'll still have to pick on option, whenever they get around to the X-Men.
    Because it’s not a very common answer people give.

Because it’s not a very common answer people give.
    Because it's not an answer at all. Patience is not a way to introduce them in the MCU, it's a way to not introduce them in the MCU. The question already implies you have ruled out this idea.

Then, the next X-men movie could actually integrate everything by adapting Messiah War to the big screen.

- We find out that no new mutants have been born in many years and all memory of mutants has been erased by “M-Day”, which was caused by Wanda somehow

- Cable shows up in this, as he did in the comic story, which is no problem because honestly Deadpool seems to exist in a totally separate universe from the other X-men films anyway (to the point where it even makes fun of X-men Origins Wolverine and Wade seems to know that Hugh Jackman is an actor), so who’s to say that it’s not already in the MCU? Hell, the final fight scene even took place on a scrapped Helicarrier in the first DP film.

- Sinister is the main villain, along with the Marauders; perhaps Gambit is involved too and this introduces him to the X-men

And so on and so forth. It could work.

I think I'm firmly against another origin story for the X-Men. That much I can say. Hulk and Spider Man didn't get an origin story in the current MCU and I think that worked out fine.

Because it's not an answer at all. Patience is not a way to introduce them in the MCU, it's a way to not introduce them in the MCU. The question already implies you have ruled out this idea.
    By patience I mean you slowly introduce them and not jump straight into MCU X-Men film.

So it’s best to be patient and introduce mutants slowly for a few years before an actual X-Men reboot.

By patience I mean you slowly introduce them before a MCU X-Men film.
    You can't slowly portray the MCU has having been aware of mutants and the X-Men all along. Well, you can but it's not an explanation anymore then just dropping an X-Men movie where they are on best term with RDJ's Ironman right way. You still have to pick brandnew phenomenon or cover-up, or reality tampering or something else.

You can't slowly portray the MCU has having been aware of mutants and the X-Men all along. Well, you can but it's not an explanation anymore then just dropping an X-Men movie where they are on best term with RDJ's Ironman right way. You still have to pick brandnew phenomenon or cover-up, or reality tampering or something else.
    Well Vision did say that the number of superhumans were increasing. There are characters like Jessica Jones who’s powers are currently unexplained and referred to as “the gifted”. So maybe...

Their best are the worst IMO anything involving alternating the reality of the MCU is idiotic IMO. The one they hate is the best IMO simply do like the comics and treat mutants as new and show the general public reaction in the MCU. Just like the comics have a few mutants having been in the shadows like Wolverine, Magneto, Banshee, and Xavier etc and treat the mutant phenomenon as new.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I dig the House of M scenario. I also think it could work as a post credits stinger after Dark Phoenix. The X-men return to Earth from space 25 years later, due to near lightspeed travel out in the cosmos and relativity. They show up at the mansion in the present day MCU and Colossus (the big more comic accurate one from Deadpool) opens the door and says, “We’ve been waiting for you.” Camera pans back and we see Doctor Strange, Tony Stark and Reed Richards in FF costume sitting in the parlor. Richards smiles, says “a lot has happened since you left.” Boom. Fade to black.
    I rather the MCU X-men have no connection to the Fox verse at all.

Why not? In the comics heroes predated the mutants including the FF, Spider-Man, The Avengers members, and Dr. Strange. Then with X-Men number one we have mutants and more and more started to pop up and some were retconned as to be in the shadows before the mutant reveal some even decades like Magneto, Xavier, Mystique, Destiny, Wolverine, Banshee, Sinister, Sabretooth, Selene, and Apocalypse.