Page 158 of 294 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 4408
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar drags herself over, and palms the second cube, before stowing it in a capsule. 'Thank you ...' With Parsley securing the means to bring the child-hybrid with them, the Oni set herself to focusing on what remained of the room ... at least until the itch that had been gnawing away at her focus became too difficult to ignore.

Looking down to see just what was causing it however, caused her eyes to widen slightly.

"I ... see ?"

The hole that had been so lovingly thrust into her by Held, seemed to be -- rather slowly -- beginning to heal itself. As many questions as that caused, it didn't take much for Ishtar to realize why it might've been happening; and it had to do with the green vial of liquid she had drank some years before that had engendered a genetic change. Why it was happening now, however was perhaps something more to consider ... at another time.

Returning her focus to the ... child, Ishtar then asked something that should have probably been asked sooner.. 'What should we call you ?'
    ‘.....Azura. That seems...a nice name.’
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Rex..."

It had been a long time since she had heard that name. Since its initial rampage, they had always referred to it as the Beast or Tyrant, but she did recall a time before that.

"That's the name my grandmother called him by. How curious."

---------------------

So occupied with Ochazuke's approach, Rex had allowed something to sneak upon him. The ground beneath him gave way and the saurian was dragged down, but not for long without a fight. A twin blast of energy was fired below him by each of his hands, seeking to hit his underhanded assailant.
    It’s one of the bigger, four armed golems, and while an arm is hit, little damage seems done as it does let go, but only to rise up into the docking bay. It was at least twice the size of the other ones.

————

Eva nods.

“Then we are passing familiar with it, or at least I am. And what was your name again?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    It’s one of the bigger, four-armed golems, and while an arm is hit, little damage seems done as it does let go, but only to rise up into the docking bay. It was at least twice the size of the other ones.

————

Eva nods.

“Then we are passing familiar with it, or at least I am. And what was your name again?”
    On one hand, Rex was annoyed that any conflict with Ochazuke would be interrupted. On the other hand, he was hungry and this four-armed foe might prove to be an appetizer.

"You have my attention, but will you be worth it?"

Wisps of energy surrounded his reptilian body, the whispers of sorrow and rage from the dead seeping into the air around him as he stepped out from the hole the golem had so rudely dragged him into. Rushing forth, Rex would poke and prod the enemy with half-hearted punches and kicks, looking more to gauge the strength of the golem rather than seeking to end the fight. It was like a cat playing with a mouse before eating it.

----------

"As I previously stated, I am Shōchū of the Last Call..."

After saying that, she got the feeling that Eva had really meant, what was your name before?

"Before my conversion and before the Beast attacked, my name was Ogatan Hibachi."

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Sasheem wasn't sure what time it was, but for whatever reason, he assumed it was the afternoon...wait, wait, what was he doing?! The Majin looked up. Oh yeah....Sasheem wasn't entirely sure what went into creating these golems, Perhaps if there was any sort of magic involved....the Majin created out of thin air...a pillow that landed on the mega-golem's face. If it exploded, then the thing was definitely magic. And possibly be either dead or pissed off even further. Which would be funny.

Or...less funny was that it would do nothing and then still proceed to become further pissed off.
    OOC: Third post curse

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

'Azura it is, then. I'm Parsley.'

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "It is technology that seemingly matches or predates the birth of this universe. It would be a waste to simply let it be vaporized." Ishtar commented with a glint in her eye.

"Think of all the secrets lost to Time ..."

When the Saiyan agreed to visit the dock though, the Oni nodded and grabbed the woman -- and child -- so that she could IT the trio there. At which point she released Parsley and said simply.

"Take what you want, I have the capsules."
    She did raise a good point. All of this technology could do wonders if it was put to good use. And it would have been a shame to just let all of these unique ships get vaporized in the pending explosion.

Very well; it was settled. Parsley nodded and set Azura and her ax down again. Then, it a blur of speed followed by a golden tail, she dashed from one end of the docks to the other, often doubling back for that thing she couldn't get the first time around. In the end, she acquired three ships of undetermined use, a pile of Ultra Katchin, bits of technology for the Saiyans on Turrip to play with and attempt to replicate, and... a small piece of torn metal in the shape of a heart.

The entire ransacking only took a few seconds.

"There. I think that's everything." Everything except the heart-shaped piece of metal was gathered into one pile ready for capsuling.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Getting a solid lock in the Nevadian had been a challenge. She was a bit tired--being blown up will do that--annoyed, and things were quickly going to hell in a handbasket. That, and he was remarkably fast for his level of power. Not a good combination.

Shooting him an exasperated look, Tasure sighed and shook her head. "I found my idiot son... indulging in muffins instead of fighting. I need an energy signature to lock onto to teleport, and you, Nevadian, just so happened to be the closest and most distinct. Deal with it."

Totoma stood up, munching on a blueberry muffin and staring at the battle unfolding before him. "...huh, so... what is that thing? Looks tough. And who the heck's fighting it?"

"Hell if I know. One of the humans. Meagan, I think," said Tasure. It would probably be a good idea to learn the names of the rest of the group... eventually.
    ".....I guess that makes sense." Held replied, reluctantly. He was not particularly pleased to have his concentration thrown off, but--

IC:

The throw still hits one of the emerging ones in the spot, reducing it to a puddle.
    "No harm no foul, I suppose." He concluded, "Although I'll have to figure out a way to sense that technique before you actually appear...I don't like being taken by surprise..."

Held looked at the former monster, clearly unimpressed as his spear went through the beast, before embedding itself in the wall behind it. Or rather, that would have been what happened had the Nevadian focused his energy into the weapon before he loosed it, Tasures arrival throwing off his technique.

As it was in reality, the spear bounced harmlessly off of the wall with as much force as it hit, hitting the floor, sliding not far from where he stood.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "On your left!"

ZARK!

A salvo of crimson optic burst-fire clipped a number of the golems and cut down another row into puddles.

"Isn't this a familiar sight? The last of us on a sinking ship and our host is telling us we gotta go and hitch a ride! Ha ha ha!"

Approaching next to Held, Zaofan lazily stretched with a yawn.

"Once more into the breach, am I right? I'd say they were good times, but, ah, to be briefs about the matter..."

While the martial chef himself had survived the crossfire of raging Oni, waded into the aftershock of shattered time, while his smile never wavered as he spoke, it was clear he did not come out of the battle unscathed.

"...yeah I know."
    The Nevadian blinked awkwardly as his friend approached him, clearly suffering greatly from the loss of his clothing. It was at once amusingly fortunate that his wounds seemed to be so limited, and unfortunate, as it was somewhat chilly.

"Well...I guess good news on the one hand, must be bad on the other, huh? Maybe you can stun the things into submission by showing them the fruits of your labors.." Held replied to his friend, a nostalgic smirk across his face, "Although, now that you mention it....Between the ship, and the Gollums, and someone trying to capture Jinzi, I've got a real case of....Deja'Vu, I think you humans call it?"

He laughed slightly, still somewhat weary from the days events. "Of course, if Damask wasn't so kind to have so glaring a weakness as these things did...If they had, we might have ended the Red Raiders before they began getting in our way, huh?"

The Nevadian bent over, picking up his spear, looking at it with a sigh. He then looked behind Zaofan, before shrugging.

"Stay still for a second?"

He reversed the grip, so that the point of the blade was aimed towards him, before he threw it at the wall in front of him, his aim adjusted so that it hit the diagonal corner of the room.

The strength of the impact was such that the spear rebounded mightily, and the point of the blade slammed through three of the creatures, walking in single file behind Zao Fan, hoping--Eventually-- to attack him, before the weak point, instantly rendering them as soup.

The spear zoomed past the earnest chef by mere inches, sailing by his left side.

The Nevadian caught the spear by its base, somewhat dejected.

"It almost feels like a waste to use it on these guys..."
    Last edited by Miburo; 09-10-2019 at 09:20 PM.

After healing Sarada and checking with the others, Nevanlinna was left with little of importance to do. And so, she examined the blasted remains of the room. A significant portion of the room and its contents was destroyed, but... there was some salvageable material--mostly the katchin-like material that was all over this facility. While she was not one given to petty thievery, such a bounty was too much of a temptation, and she began gathering any relatively intact pieces of the stuff that she could find. Of course, Vaikuntha was eminently suited for storing such things.

Once satisfied, she took one last look at the blasted room and made her exit, following the path the others had taken...

OOC: Cleric, did she find anything useful?
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Praxat is about to head towards the Coldlight when her power armor freezes up. " starting the cooling process. All systems will be temporarily shut down until the cooling process is complete. The cooling process will take approximately five minutes," a computerized voice said.

" Althena I need you to carry me to the Coldlight because my power armor's joints are locked up," Praxat said.

Althena heads towards Praxat and picks up Praxat with a right arm and places her on her right shoulder. Althena then rushes towards the entrance of the Coldlight.

Praxat's third eyelids start to close as she begins to lose consciousness. Her overheated power armor has caused her skin to dry up. The lack of moisture on her skin is making it hard for Praxat to breathe inside her power armor.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    On one hand, Rex was annoyed that any conflict with Ochazuke would be interrupted. On the other hand, he was hungry and this four-armed foe might prove to be an appetizer.

"You have my attention, but will you be worth it?"

Wisps of energy surrounded his reptilian body, the whispers of sorrow and rage from the dead seeping into the air around him as he stepped out from the hole the golem had so rudely dragged him into. Rushing forth, Rex would poke and prod the enemy with half-hearted punches and kicks, looking more to gauge the strength of the golem rather than seeking to end the fight. It was like a cat playing with a mouse before eating it.

----------

"As I previously stated, I am Shōchū of the Last Call..."

After saying that, she got the feeling that Eva had really meant, what was your name before?

"Before my conversion and before the Beast attacked, my name was Ogatan Hibachi."
    “Any relation to Ogatan Charco?”

Eva’s eyes glimmer as she looks at her.

—————

The four armed golem is unphased, and when it has a moment, a massive sword forms in one hand that he launched down to bisect Rex.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    OOC: Third post curse
    The pillow explodes, but the golem remains standing. It attempts to stomp Sasheem.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post

She did raise a good point. All of this technology could do wonders if it was put to good use. And it would have been a shame to just let all of these unique ships get vaporized in the pending explosion.

Very well; it was settled. Parsley nodded and set Azura and her ax down again. Then, it a blur of speed followed by a golden tail, she dashed from one end of the docks to the other, often doubling back for that thing she couldn't get the first time around. In the end, she acquired three ships of undetermined use, a pile of Ultra Katchin, bits of technology for the Saiyans on Turrip to play with and attempt to replicate, and... a small piece of torn metal in the shape of a heart.

"There. I think that's everything." Everything except the heart-shaped piece of metal was gathered into one pile ready for capsuling.
    ‘Nice to meet you, Parsley. Thank you for not destroying me.’
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    After healing Sarada and checking with the others, Nevanlinna was left with little of importance to do. And so, she examined the blasted remains of the room. A significant portion of the room and its contents was destroyed, but... there was some salvageable material--mostly the katchin-like material that was all over this facility. While she was not one given to petty thievery, such a bounty was too much of a temptation, and she began gathering any relatively intact pieces of the stuff that she could find. Of course, Vaikuntha was eminently suited for storing such things.

Once satisfied, she took one last look at the blasted room and made her exit, following the path the others had taken...

OOC: Cleric, did she find anything useful?
    OT:

This is the room where the Doctor was, just to make sure?
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Ishtar nodded. 'Fitting. I am Ishtar.'

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post

Ishtar watched the flurry of movement -- and theft, so much theft -- and couldn't help but chuckle. "Delightful." And when it was all said and done, Parsley in possession of her share; Ishtar made off with the remaining ships and deposited everything in several capsules.

"Best we make our way to the others, I suppose."

Grabbing Parsley, and Azura then; the Oni teleported the trio to the Coldlight in preparation to depart. Only to blink, when she saw the tidal wave of Golems.

"Parsley ..." the Oni said, slowly. "Do you think we should 'borrow' a few ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The pillow explodes, but the golem remains standing. It attempts to stomp Sasheem.
    Sasheem phases through the floor and circles back around until he's behind the golem. Once he is, he wraps his arms around the monster and suplexes it....though he activates his phasing and takes them both through multiple floors.

The Majin intends to exit the asteroid until both are dumped out in space.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    After a moment's rest on the floor, Dash dragged herself over to the Sensor Console and up into the chair. Once seated, she closed her eyes and rested.
    Starting to feel a little better, Dash opens her eyes, sits upright, and looks around the ship. Seeing Jinzi, "Why haven't we left yet? Where are the others? Is it those damn Golems?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.