Page 23 of 107 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Mighty Member

Yep, that jet pack scene was awesome.

Extraordinary Member

Great finale. Really liking Giancarlo Esposito as the big bad hope he's around awhile.

Okay so I binge watched this show over the last couple of days. And I loved it. I have one minor lame ass grip with the last episode. Towards the end where the party are traveling across the Lava River and see the storm troopers waiting for them. They all have this Oh **** its the end of the world look on thier faces (Granted you couldn't see Mado's face but he seemed worried as well.) Why are they so worried over the dozen or so stormtroopers when they have been whipping Imp ass for the last two episode? IG-11 blowing himself up was unnecessary.

Other then that lame internet fan boy grip I really loved this show.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Because, tactically speaking, they were stuffed.
    They were on a boat with essentially zero cover. Meanwhile, the Stormtroopers had plenty. The party also had nowhere to go, no room to manoeuvre and generally had no combat options at all. In short, a fire fight would clearly have meant the demise of everyone on the boat.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

so can anyone fill me up on the dark sabre? is it from a cartoon?
    plenty of melee weapons in this season.

ok. i am a fool. the last shot from the new republic transport episode showed, that all the goons were still alive.
    so i assumed that prison ship would be the mandos new HQ. did i imagine that? or is that transport still out there? (it was late that eve...)
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    ty
    but what about the new republic prison transport? do they have enough food?
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    ty
    but what about the new republic prison transport? do they have enough food?
    Not sure why you assumed that would be Mando's new HQ, that would just be inviting more trouble (in that it would be looked for). I don't think there's any reason to think anything beyond the goons got screwed over by the person they tried to kill, and that whoever recovers that prison transport was just gifted some new prisoners to replace the one that was taken. Assuming there were still some caretaker/guard droids still on board somewhere, no reason to think they won't be fed either.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Random thougths:
    -- Great ep! Way to end a season
    -- I know Stormtroopers are meant to be cannon fodder and can't shoot, but considering the odds against Mando et al, they're starting to lose any sense of being a threat if they're that incompetent. They have to introduce specialty armor for any Trooper who's meant to be a threat. The rest really just suck.
    -- The scene of Mando using their Big Gun against them was a little too reminiscent of the second ep for me. It gave Mof Gideon a good moment, though.
    -- Was not expecting them to take the Ming-Na story into next season. What could that be? Who walked up to her (dead?) body? Will we see a cyborg Ming-Na maybe?
    -- So if Mando and Baby Yoda are a tribe of two, and the kid's going to be raised in "The Way" how soon before he'll have to hide his face? Maybe the Blacksmith will come back to make a little baby Helmet (with big ear holes)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-30-2019 at 07:57 AM.

iMan 42s

As to the mystery figure I think that might actually be our first appearance of Moff Gideon. Even if they didn't have his actor yet it wouldn't be out of the question for studios to cast a stand-in especially considering how the scene cuts and us not seeing the upper torso.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

The Flametrooper BTW pretty much canonizes an element of Force Unleashed. Although we've had Flametroopers with the first Order, this Flametrooper has the exact same color design as the Force Unleashed counterpart.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The Flametrooper BTW pretty much canonizes an element of Force Unleashed. Although we've had Flametroopers with the first Order, this Flametrooper has the exact same color design as the Force Unleashed counterpart.
    A few small differences is that this one doesn't have the ammo pouches and may be missing a thermal detonator. Some of the markings are also different primarily on the boots, gauntlets, and the gloves. The armor looks like it's a modified Rogue One kit while TFU largely seems to be based on ROTJ with an ANH helmet. The flame thrower is pretty close in shape but the detailing is off. I don't recall the TFU trooper having straps like that either, the backpack always struck me as being worn similar to a Sandtrooper.

All things considered though it's a good attempt at it even if I would've preferred a more 1:1 match given that people have made reproductions of it, though I fully understand Lucasfilm just has what its got to work with.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Random thougths:
    -- Great ep! Way to end a season
    -- I know Stormtroopers are meant to be cannon fodder and can't shoot, but considering the odds against Mando et al, they're starting to lose any sense of being a threat if they're that incompetent. They have to introduce specialty armor for any Trooper who's meant to be a threat. The rest really just suck.
    -- The scene of Mando using their Big Gun against them was a little too reminiscent of the second ep for me. It gave Mof Gideon a good moment, though.
    -- Was not expecting them to take the Ming-Na story into next season. What could that be? Who walked up to her (dead?) body? Will we see a cyborg Ming-Na maybe?
    -- So if Mando and Baby Yoda are a tribe of two, and the kid's going to be raised in "The Way" how soon before he'll have to hide his face? Maybe the Blacksmith will come back to make a little baby Helmet (with big ear holes)
    They could probably have included a flashback of the stormtroopers wiping out the Mandalorian enclave, but frankly at this point they are such a meme that there's pretty much no way to establish them as a serious threat. Before Gideon showed up they were kind of going with this idea that the standard Imperial forces had been pretty thinned out and that what was left of the Empire had to rely on bounty hunters and mercenaries to fill the ranks. It'd be a cliche, but I wouldn't mind seeing the baddies hire some rogue Mandalorians to give our heroes more of an equal match in the next season.

Anyone else expecting another IG Hunter?

Default The Maicolorian - Podcasting Is A Complicated Business.

Maico Moreno returns to The Comic Relief Podcast – as we discuss The Mandalorian on Disney+. Maico also opens up as to why he’d been absent and his health that kept him from being a part of the podcast for all the episodes over the last two years.

It felt great to have Maico back on the podcast and feeling that chemistry once again between he and I. (And I mean that in a heterosexual way, I swear!) Amiee will continue to also be a co-host also, with it being myself, Amiee and Maico, or just myself and Amiee, or myself and Maico! The podcast that’s all about threesomes! Wait – that’s not what I meant!

Listen – why don’t we just get to it?

http://comicreliefpodcast.com/archives/2333

Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!