I'm just glad they didn't keep this Emma outfit. And as much as liked the Bendis era one, they should have done something like this for Cyke

hood scott.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    I'm just glad they didn't keep this Emma outfit. And as much as liked the Bendis era one, they should have done something like this

hood scott.jpg
    Cool look but a little too "villain" for my taste. Edgy is perfectly ok, but there's fine line as to how far you can push this.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    If you're talking about me, think again. As I've said over and over, I love Jean.

But that doesn't mean that I want Jean and Scott together again.

And if they get back together, fine, that'll make everthing okay. I won't be angry.

I just don't like hate speeches against Scott and Emma. THIS makes me very angry.

You know, what I really hate is the eternal blah blah blah about "affair", "cheating", Jott vs Scemma, or Cyclops haters who see Scott (and Emma) as the devil incarnate.

God, that's completely annoying.

And I already told you, Miss. I like you.
    1-I know you don't hate Jean. I'm referring to some people that always say that she is better off dead. there are few but they exist

2- I'm sorry. I know it's tiresome, all the shipping drama, i hate it too. It's just that I like Jean/Scott so much and so many people trash it in these boards that i guess some of that spite has stuck in me. I'm sorry if i have been annoying.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 04-16-2018 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I agree. I have the same feeling toward Scott and Logan.
    But scott and logan rivalry wasn't based around jean. it was more about the lonewolf having problems working on a team and Scott trying to make him work. Appart of some drama they had some nice interactions and badass moments together. they were brothers in arms.

jean and emma didn't have friendly interactions. they have chemistry but not as friends. all the opposite. they had some tension between them even before the scott drama. I really hope their interactions won't be defined by that.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 04-16-2018 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Haha
    Very nice!

I love this. so many people think cable being older than his parents it's ridiculous but i think its awesome.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    But scott and logan rivalry wasn't based around jean. it was more about the lonewolf having problems working on a team and Scott trying to make him work. Appart of some drama they had some nice interactions and badass moments together. they were brothers in arms.

jean and emma didn't have friendly interactions. they have chemistry but not as friends. all the opposite. they had some tension between them even before the scott drama. I really hope their interactions won't be defined by that.
    Logan betrayed cyclops and mutantkind, I don't see them being friends ever again

Is anyone else reading Venomized? I just read the second issue and it pretty decent actually. Not a whole lot of Tyke in this, other than him having a weird moment spoilers:
    telling Jimmy that Jean is gone
    end of spoilers. Jean was completely absent from issue as far as I can tell. With all the colorful symbiotes running around it's kind of hard to tell who is who.

I'm trying to figure out how this bridges with Extermination in August. Venomized should be wrapped up in May. I assume that will leave all of the kids pretty much back where they started since they all need to be on deck for Extermination. So we have a two month gap to cover. Do you expect they'll be back on Blue for that?

Are their any really important stories left to tell with Tyke or the rest of the o5? Now that Extermination has been teased it kind of makes the stuff coming up over the next few months seem like filler. I'm ready for their story to be resolved, however that happends.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Logan betrayed cyclops and mutantkind, I don't see them being friends ever again
    The same could be said of Warren in X-Factor. These things have a way of working themselves out.
    Last edited by Ulfhammer; 04-16-2018 at 03:02 PM.

1-I know you don't hate Jean. I'm referring to some people that always say that she is better off dead. there are few but they exist

2- I'm sorry. I know it's tiresome, all the shipping drama, i hate it too. It's just that I like Jean/Scott so much and so many people trash it in these boards that i guess some of that spite has stuck in me. I'm sorry if i have been annoying.
    Every character has their fans, right? I think we can all agree that character deaths handled the way Marvel has are not ideal, and I wouldn’t want that for others’ faves. Jean shouldn’t have been killed or at least stayed dead for so long.

Jean and Emma are both important to Scott in their own ways, this should definitely be a place where they can both be appreciated a bit (even if each ship has an app thread).

I love this. so many people think cable being older than his parents it's ridiculous but i think its awesome.
    It’s quintessential X-Men at this point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    The same could be said of Warren in X-Factor. These things have a way of working themselves out.
    Yeah... No... If anything Warren got brainwashed by apocalypse

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    More and more I'm accepting it but I'm not warming up to it. There's no good reason for him to be gone an extended period of time (or at all really). The only positive I take from this is that it means Marvel acknowledges how great his influence on the books is and doesn't want to bring him back smaller than he was since they already have Tyke for that.
    RE: Marvel's view of Scott, I think it's more likely the opposite. They view him as broken beyond repair and written into a corner. While I like to speculate about potential ways forward for his character, I remain convinced Marvel's going to reboot him via Tyke going back in time.

As for Jean and Emma, Jean's already curbstomped Emma twice now. A third time would just seem gratuitous.
    The first time was after she caught Emma with Scott during Morrison's run. What's the second time you're referring to? Endsong?

It's ancient history now. For Jean to take out her feelings on Emma would seem petty.
    I disagree. But, it would be out of character for Jean.

Frankly Jean doesn't seem too broken up that Scott's dead based on what's happening in Red. If she's grieving, it's entirely done off panel. I think Taylor is basically pretending that Scott never existed. I find it telling of how Marvel percieves the whole situation, that Emma was so much more fundamentally effected by Scott's death than Jean appears to be.
    I think there are multiple reasons for why it's playing out that way. First, I think you're right about Taylor. Either because his editorial mandate is to move Jean forward without referencing her history too much and/or because he just doesn't like Scott and Jott (or Logan and Jean/Logan). Second, I think Marvel (and Taylor) view PR #5 as having sufficiently checked the box with regard to Jott and Scott's death. Third, Jean is emotionally stronger than Emma and, in PR #5, she got a measure of closure with Scott that Emma never did.

Still, a moment of acknowledgement with Jean, Rachel, Nathan, and Nate would be nice. We're not going to get it, though.

It wasn't the issues with Scott that kept Jean and Emma from being close. It's that they have fundamentally different worldviews. Them both loving Scott doesn't close that gap in my mind. There's was a partnership based on mutual interest during Morrison's run. What Emma's getting up to with Mothervine is the perfect example of why her and Jean would never be friendship material. Even if she ends up double-crossing Ms Sinister and Bastion, it's a far too dangerous game for Jean's taste with collateral damage already.
    Picky, picky, picky. Here I was, halfway through scribbling out the plot for a Jean and Emma road movie--a gender-swapped, super-powered Midnight Run with a dash of Thelma and Louise. It could've been gold, man.

In all seriousness, though, I haven't been following Emma's arc post-DoX that closely. If she's into Magneto territory, killing innocent people (even indirectly), yeah, that's probably a bridge too far for Jean.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    Least favorite Cyclops costume?
    1) His post-AvX, Bendis run suit. IMO, the big X on his face is ugly. If they wanted him to look menacing or villain-ish, they should've gone with an iteration of his Basilisk look from Age of X.

2) The costume he wore from Whedon's run up into AvX. To me, it looks like a gimp suit.

3) The Silver Age/Bronze Age "classic" costume. I've never liked it. Too blah, too blank. There needs to be some kind of design on his chest.

I tend to prefer Scott's looks that have his hair out, not under a skullcap. His Morrison-era look is probably my favorite followed by his last X-Factor costume designed by Portacio. The Jim Lee 90s design wasn't bad, either.

BANNED

Well Jean is totally fine being pals with Namor, and he's very fine with killing innocents and destroying entire earths before massacring every inhabitant (and also being Thanos lapdog /bitch) ... So I think Jean wouldn't have any trouble tolerating Emma, and there's no way Jean doesn't know what Namor did considering she's a telepathy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    RE: Marvel's view of Scott, I think it's more likely the opposite. They view him as broken beyond repair and written into a corner. While I like to speculate about potential ways forward for his character, I remain convinced Marvel's going to reboot him via Tyke going back in time.

The first time was after she caught Emma with Scott during Morrison's run. What's the second time you're referring to? Endsong?

I disagree. But, it would be out of character for Jean.

I think there are multiple reasons for why it's playing out that way. First, I think you're right about Taylor. Either because his editorial mandate is to move Jean forward without referencing her history too much and/or because he just doesn't like Scott and Jott (or Logan and Jean/Logan). Second, I think Marvel (and Taylor) view PR #5 as having sufficiently checked the box with regard to Jott and Scott's death. Third, Jean is emotionally stronger than Emma and, in PR #5, she got a measure of closure with Scott that Emma never did.

Still, a moment of acknowledgement with Jean, Rachel, Nathan, and Nate would be nice. We're not going to get it, though.

Picky, picky, picky. Here I was, halfway through scribbling out the plot for a Jean and Emma road movie--a gender-swapped, super-powered Midnight Run with a dash of Thelma and Louise. It could've been gold, man.

In all seriousness, though, I haven't been following Emma's arc post-DoX that closely. If she's into Magneto territory, killing innocent people (even indirectly), yeah, that's probably a bridge too far for Jean.
    the first time was in the dark Phoenix Saga, Emma was in coma for half year