Page 1516 of 1555 FirstFirst ... 51610161416146615061512151315141515151615171518151915201526 ... LastLast
Results 22,726 to 22,740 of 23324

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Yula, not Kiyren.

Too many female characters....
    Sent you a PM on your game, Sharp!

Extraordinary Member

I'm considering making a respect thread for Superman's animated incarnations. Would it be okay to put a thread like that in the Rumbles section?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I'm considering making a respect thread for Superman's animated incarnations. Would it be okay to put a thread like that in the Rumbles section?
    GO right ahead. We've had plenty of respect threads in here before.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Len, you're welcome for reviving Broly.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Apparently people have been sending Kohei Horikoshi (the mangaka for My Hero Academia) death threats because he's given Endeavor a genuinely heroic moment and the possibility for a redemption arc.

This is why I don't dive deeper into fandoms.

Whining and crying out foul things at a creator for one chapter in story and character arc that isn't finished yet is just exhaustingly dumb. And sending death threats over a fictional character is just gross behaviour.

Like, I get not liking Endeavor. He's been an abusive ass towards his family because of petty and one-sided rivalry with All Might, and that can pretty naturally stir some strong emotions with readers. And I find myself interested but cautious at the prospect of a redemption arc for the guy, mainly because those kinds of stories are difficult to pull off just right and it's a complicated setting that Horikoshi has built for this particular character. Though, so far he's got a nice handle on it and I like the potential dark twist that Dabi might bring to the story.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Apparently people have been sending Kohei Horikoshi (the mangaka for My Hero Academia) death threats because he's given Endeavor a genuinely heroic moment and the possibility for a redemption arc.

Whining and crying out foul things at a creator for one chapter in story and character arc that isn't finished yet is just exhaustingly dumb. And sending death threats over a fictional character is just gross behaviour.

Like, I get not liking Endeavor. He's been an abusive ass towards his family because of petty and one-sided rivalry with All Might, and that can pretty naturally stir some strong emotions with readers. And I find myself interested but cautious at the prospect of a redemption arc for the guy, mainly because those kinds of stories are difficult to pull off just right and it's a complicated setting that Horikoshi has built for this particular character. Though, so far he's got a nice handle on it and I like the potential dark twist that Dabi might bring to the story.
    People who think that death threats/harassment are a suitable recourse for a piece of fiction not going the way they want are literally trash.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    People who think that death threats/harassment are a suitable recourse for a piece of fiction not going the way they want are literally trash.
    This seems to be a problem with fandoms and hatedoms in the internet age. Weather a work is bad or simply didn't go in the direction the someone wanted (Hero Aca being the latter), a large part of the audience seem to act as if the creator of said work did something terrible them.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I still remember the NaruSaku fans petitioning to ban Naruto from the US when NaruHina became the official pairing.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Fans are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    This seems to be a problem with fandoms and hatedoms in the internet age. Weather a work is bad or simply didn't go in the direction the someone wanted (Hero Aca being the latter), a large part of the audience seem to act as if the creator of said work did something terrible them.
    These people either don't know what real problems are, or they have real problems that can't be fixed, so they take it out on someone else.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I still remember the NaruSaku fans petitioning to ban Naruto from the US when NaruHina became the official pairing.
    There's a video somewhere of a former Bleach fan lighting their entire Bleach manga collection on fire because of the official pairings in the final chapter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Fans are the worst.

These people either don't know what real problems are, or they have real problems that can't be fixed, so they take it out on someone else.
    There's also this unnerving sense of self-entitlement on display. As if the creator's owe them something more than just producing the content.

Eugh.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

There's a video somewhere of a former Bleach fan lighting their entire Bleach manga collection on fire because of the official pairings in the final chapter.

There's also this unnerving sense of self-entitlement on display. As if the creator's owe them something more than just producing the content.

Eugh.
    It's even more fun when they blame you for ruining their life because your story was too conceptually disturbing.