Page 89 of 110 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1644

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Which means she'll be almost completely removed from the X-Men and 90% of her stories. Carol was a derivative character to begin with, so becoming Captain Marvel was an upgrade for her (not to mention that Marvel actually put an effort into pushing her). But Betsy had her own identity and she was far more popular than her brother. Captain Britain is really not that prestigious of a title.
    Betsy as Captain Britian is still firmly planted within the X-men's sphere. Marvel hasnt tried to cross her over into the MU side of things. If and when the MCU use her, she will still likely be used with the X-men ; probably an Excalibur based D+ show

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Which means she'll be almost completely removed from the X-Men and 90% of her stories. Carol was a derivative character to begin with, so becoming Captain Marvel was an upgrade for her (not to mention that Marvel actually put an effort into pushing her). But Betsy had her own identity and she was far more popular than her brother. Captain Britain is really not that prestigious of a title.
    I mean, I don’t know if that’s the path you want to be barking up to distinguish Betsy from Carol. She literally was created as Captain Britain supporting cast, just like Carol was for Captain Marvel... and ditto for Carol being more popular than Mar-Vell.

Regardless, thanks to books like Excalibur and Betsy herself, Captain Britain has long been more of an X-Men brand than a general Marvel Universe one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Betsy as Captain Britian is still firmly planted within the X-men's sphere. Marvel hasnt tried to cross her over into the MU side of things. If and when the MCU use her, she will still likely be used with the X-men ; probably an Excalibur based D+ show
    I could see an Excalibur based Disney plus show starring Captain Britain, and from there I could see her appearing in movies as important supporting cast.

Trouble is that Captain Britain is an even harder sell to international audiences than Captain America was. Steve was always more about the dream of a America than the reality, but what is the British dream? To a lot of the World the British are just the guys who came and planted flags in their country. Britain dreams of plundering the natural and archaeological riches of other continents in return for the sport of Cricket.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 08-31-2021 at 03:06 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Trouble is that Captain Britain is an even harder sell to international audiences than Captain America was. Steve was always more about the dream of a America than the reality, but what is the British dream? To a lot of the World the British are just the guys who came and planted flags in their country.
    Would still do just fine on a Disney plus show, and as a major supporting character in the films.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Trouble is that Captain Britain is an even harder sell to international audiences than Captain America was. Steve was always more about the dream of a America than the reality, but what is the British dream? To a lot of the World the British are just the guys who came and planted flags in their country. Britain dreams of plundering the natural and archaeological riches of other continents in return for the sport of Cricket.
    For us that are not from the US or UK, both dreams sound very similar to us, honestly. It's that the US flags are is more ideological then anything. I never cared for patriotic characters. Specially as Cap is a soldier. At least being Captain Britain gives more of a fairy tail, supernatural element that seems yay more appealing and universal.

That being said, I would have preffered Betsy to still be Psylocke and Kwannon being Revanche or just Kwannon, but I think that ship has sailed. Disney will surely want to capitalize on the sexy ninja aspect with Kwannon, and the imagery of the characters is more associated with the Psylocke codename then the British lady warrior.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 08-31-2021 at 10:54 AM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Ultimate Member

Right now in the X-verse the main group of X-men don't really seem to notice Betsy, so far being British again hasn't really done much of anything for Betsy and that doesn't appear to be changing anytime soon, I'd love to be wrong but...and no that's not being negative, Betsy deserves better than what she's gotten and appears to be going to get in the near future...and I'm not sure that Disney and sexy are two words that really go together to well...

I just had a really interesting thought and I wanted to get your opinions on it.

So.... Betsy and Kwannon separate. Which of them will have to pay for past crime and grievances that occurred while they were combined.

In my thinking that's gonna be Kwannon as she has the appearance Psylocke. Betsy got the ultimate get out of jail free card and dumped Kwannon with the baggage.

Ultimate Member

I'm not sure, as Betsy made no effort to conceal her identity and anyone that would want to do her harm would know that it was Betsy Braddock that they wanted, unless they didn't know that the two were now split...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Reading Uncanny 213 at work, is this the first time Betsy takes on the Psylocke moniker? I’m trying to remember anything she’d been in pre this issue, and can’t remember if this was the first time or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I may be mistaken but the first time should be when she was given artificial eyes with mojo, spiral and the new mutants.
    I don't have my CAPTAIN BRITAIN UK series handy but I do believe the NEW MUTANTS Annual #2 (excerpted below), Betsy's first American appearance was the origin of the Psylocke codename. She went from being just Betsy Braddock as an Agent of S.T.R.I.K.E. - to her brief 1st stint as Captain Britain - then retirement from activity because of her injuries. I didn't appreciate it from then that she's basically been running around using her slave name all this time.!
    I feel less bad about her relinquishing the name to Kwannon now.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Again I think Kwannon should have that name it is not prejudiced. And keep her Asian identity that was always hers as when she was the lover of Matsuo and give her back her dark plumb hair as she already had it and have Betsy keep her light Lavender hair. Also Psylocke should keep her butterfly and Kwannon should keep her knife because I am pretty sure that was specifically Kwannon since Psylocke didn't have it until she merged with Kwannon. And I hope eventually Psylocke will return to being Psylocke and not stay Cap Britain forever.

Also, there WAS NO male Psylocke that was a fan artist gender bending.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 09-01-2021 at 04:39 PM.

Betsy defending mutant babies out here.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

loving the curly hair <3

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    That wasn't the original Psylocke though like these people were saying. And it wasn't that it was a piece of fan art. Besides I am pretty sure Claremont was trolling.