Page 18 of 70 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Iron man stated that she got the avengers krakoans and wakandans to the table and that someone should remind him never go negotiate against storm. She knows her way around words and persuading people plus her power, demeanour and voice all convicted people to do what she wants.
    Most of my reading of Storm has been old Claremont plus Extreme. Is this like a new development for her or something non-X books have been portraying her as? The last big diplomatic moment I recall was her screaming at Matthew Malloy "Get off my lawn, mutant!" and zapping him with lightning, probably one of his last moments before being erased from existence.

But seriously, is diplomatic Ororo a thing?

And billy can't be killed easily I presume? He is invulnerable then too I guess isn't his mother stronger than him? Isn't his mother very mentally vulnerable? How many mutants are high level telepaths again discounting the omega telepaths?
    Also the skrull and kree are cute compared to the brood who are literally uncountable and by space I am assuming you mean intragalaxy since the phalanx is a galaxy dominating civilization. I haven't added the shiar to it. But like I said the kree skrull empyre nonsense is avenger ff4 story issues. The xmen have their own galactic empires that they prioritize.
    Billy is a future God, Wanda is not, Prince of Space outrank mama Maximoff these days my good sis can barely get cameo. Also what even is telepathy these days damn near everyone got blockers. Shiar and Skree alliance are on the same area of galactic dominance that was said issues ago. Brood is just a bunch of bugs hardly a society of note their the parasites of the galaxy if anything.
    Last edited by Journey; 06-16-2021 at 02:24 PM.

BANNED

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    So as many predicted Mars gets terraformed. Which involves yet another impressive looking but ultimately story telling harming display of power to remind the reader that the "mutants are awesome now" and can do everything because inofficial rules of power usage limitation in these super hero works are ignored for the time being.

And they do so to send The Neo Gene Nation 2.0 aka. The Arraki there, so the "alien" mutants can be off planet to be an off world problem when they make trouble on earth and where their interaction with the fictional counterpart to humanity which is still supposed to mirror our real world is more limited and where they can be more easily ignored and/or eventualy wiped out for a cheap shock moment.

Allright ladies, gentleman or what ever you want to be identified as, place your bets on how long until all of the things done in this issue are to be undone again.

He is from Venus? Shows i should check up on more character's backstories outside the X-men.
    These things wint be undone. Hickman and White are working with Kevin Feige himself. This is a part of rebooting mutants for MCU.

Xavier’s school for Gifted Youngsters is permanently dead, in kart killed off by abysmal Fox movies. Plus Dark Phoenix had tried to turn the X-Men into mutant Avengers and it was an epic failure.

So Marcel had no choice but to reinvent mutants for the 21st century and that is what’s happening now. The more cosmic scale of things fits in with the MCU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Billy is a future God, Wanda is not, Prince of Space outrank mama Maximoff these days my good sis can barely get cameo.
    Maxi off is rumored to be the next sorceress supreme with the death if Dr. Strange. WandaVision was a huge hit and she has a major role in Dr. Strange too. You guys realize Marvel makes way mudé money off live action than they do comics, right?

BANNED

I'll be impressed if this actually lasts, but even then colonizing Mars ain't much of a big deal within the context of the Marvel universe, plus Wakanda has it's own Galaxy now do it's kind of old hat

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Wakanda cannot communicate with its territories without the permission of Regent Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    These things wint be undone. Hickman and White are working with Kevin Feige himself. This is a part of rebooting mutants for MCU.

Xavier’s school for Gifted Youngsters is permanently dead, in kart killed off by abysmal Fox movies. Plus Dark Phoenix had tried to turn the X-Men into mutant Avengers and it was an epic failure.

So Marcel had no choice but to reinvent mutants for the 21st century and that is what’s happening now. The more cosmic scale of things fits in with the MCU.
    Xavier's school is a recognizable location that fits well into a Disney park.

Maxi off is rumored to be the next sorceress supreme with the death if Dr. Strange. WandaVision was a huge hit and she has a major role in Dr. Strange too. You guys realize Marvel makes way mudé money off live action than they do comics, right?
    Everyone knows her show was a success WandaVision trends once damn near every week, her getting Strange's job would be great IMO, which makes her lack of comic book presence all the more weird but thats a topic for another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    I'll be impressed if this actually lasts, but even then colonizing Mars ain't much of a big deal within the context of the Marvel universe, plus Wakanda has it's own Galaxy now do it's kind of old hat
    You do realize that you are comparing a people that have been through multiple geocides and hunted for ever to the most technological civilization on earth right?

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    You do realize that you are comparing a people that have been through multiple geocides and hunted for ever to the most technological civilization on earth right?
    I agree Krakoa ain't got **** on Black Excellence as they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Wakanda cannot communicate with its territories without the permission of Regent Storm.
    I doubt Wakanda will care. And I doubt Storm would press the issue because the last thing mutants can use right now are Sentinels with Wakandan technology.

Feige isn't working with Hcikaman or White. he isnt working with comics

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    I doubt Wakanda will care. And I doubt Storm would press the issue because the last thing mutants can use right now are Sentinels with Wakandan technology.
    It is time that the humans and posthumans learned their place.

Extraordinary Member

Iron man stated that she got the avengers krakoans and wakandans to the table and that someone should remind him never go negotiate against storm. She knows her way around words and persuading people plus her power, demeanour and voice all convicted people to do what she wants.
    That's not what he said. He said she brought a god, a sorceress, and the 'stubborn Avengers' and that he wanted to be reminded not to negotiate against the former queen of Wakanda. Nothing about bringing Wakanda there or even bringing Krakoa since Storm only really brought herself. Thor and the Avengers had been there for the last 2 issues and even Magik had gotten involved before Storm did, so she technically didn't bring anybody but herself. Iron Man doesn't necessarily know that Magik was involved before Storm and his mentioning 'us stubborn Avengers' is more about his ego as all he and every Avenger not named Thor could do was watch while he, Storm and Magik cleaned up shop. Once she got the council to agree to let her go alone the only person Storm had to talk to was Thor. In terms of organizing and convincing people that was more Magik, as she talked Man-Thing out of his revenge plan and into helping to save the world and sent an entire team of mutants to help him face the main villain while she opened up portals around the world.

Storm does know how to inspire and lead people, but Curse of the Man-Thing is not one of the stories that shows that off. It does make the Avengers look pretty incompetent compared to her and Magik though. 'Earth's mightiest heroes helpless against fire-plant threat until 2 Krakoan women show up and save the day for them.'

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Most of my reading of Storm has been old Claremont plus Extreme. Is this like a new development for her or something non-X books have been portraying her as? The last big diplomatic moment I recall was her screaming at Matthew Malloy "Get off my lawn, mutant!" and zapping him with lightning, probably one of his last moments before being erased from existence.

But seriously, is diplomatic Ororo a thing?
    Well I meet her this way so my answer is YES
    RCO017_1469646206 (2).jpg
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022