Page 154 of 162 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2427

The Bronze Age Dr Psycho/Silver Swan arc could be made into an awesome movie. Maybe one day...

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    The Bronze Age Dr Psycho/Silver Swan arc could be made into an awesome movie. Maybe one day...
    Agree 100 %.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    You and met both; Pyscho, Veronica Cale, the Duke, even Sebastian I would have taken over Maxie.

I liked the detail in the narration of things getting momentarily silent before she uses the scream, like she sucked up all the sound in the area.
    That was a nice little detail that I love. It actually sounds like a very cinematic way to frame any attack from Silver Swan.

Yep, this is highly cinematic. Could be awesome.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Yep, this is highly cinematic. Could be awesome.
    Yeah, I gained way more of an appreciation for Perez's art when I finally got to see it on a high quality rather than the worn down and beat-up trade at my library.

Still would love to some moments like these in animation with a respectable budget.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Cheetahs story in Deathstroke was cute but idk...as much as I laughed...it made me want a new Cheetah, more human design so she isnt constantly seen as just a giant cat. But love that she sees herself as a WW.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 11-23-2021 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Cheetahs story in Deathstroke was cute but idk...as much as I laughed...it made me want a new Cheetah, more human design so she isnt constantly seen as just a giant cat. But love that she sees herself as a WW.
    I will never care too much for the Cheetah design that makes her look more cheetah than woman. I get what they are trying to do, but I prefer my cheetah with spots, tail, and claws...but with her long Barbara Minerva hair at least. I feel that the form with no hair that they are using lately and frequently should be some sort of later stage mutation that reflects a more savage, more out of control Barbara.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I will never care too much for the Cheetah design that makes her look more cheetah than woman. I get what they are trying to do, but I prefer my cheetah with spots, tail, and claws...but with her long Barbara Minerva hair at least. I feel that the form with no hair that they are using lately and frequently should be some sort of later stage mutation that reflects a more savage, more out of control Barbara.
    Yeah, I really miss the hair, though I also love the tear lines. My perfect Cheetah look should have both. The New 52 Suicide Squad look probably came the closest for me (too bad she was treated poorly in that book)

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Yeah, I really miss the hair, though I also love the tear lines. My perfect Cheetah look should have both. The New 52 Suicide Squad look probably came the closest for me (too bad she was treated poorly in that book)
    Well, yeah it's the Suicide Squad.

The only Wonder character (in the loosest sense of the definition in his case) who should be on the team should be Max Lord so he can be the obligatory one who dies to show "the stakes are serious this time".

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

The only Wonder character (in the loosest sense of the definition in his case) who should be on the team should be Max Lord so he can be the obligatory one who dies to show "the stakes are serious this time".

Not just Max. There's a few others who I would gladly see make the ultimate sacrifice for the Squad such as Zola, the First Born, Simone's gorillas, the Finch versions of Dr. Poison & Aegeus, and all of those villains created from that fill-in by Shea Fontana that took place after Rucka's Rebirth run. Oh, and Liar Liar too. Like father like daughter....
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Don't forget Jason. The brother I mean, not Todd. There are too many raven-haired white boys called "Jason"

Incredible Member

I understand what everyone is getting at, and I've got a hearty chuckle. But for Wonder Woman villains, I actually do wish the SS book had done more with Hypnotic Woman. She was in Future State and even got an impressive spread of a prison breakout - with Clayface in the background. Peacemaker and Hypnotic Woman actually seem like they could make a great team, and SS could be a great place to develop the character as she seems pretty low on the villain priority list right now in the main book.

How the hell we get from this...

SS 1210854-silverswan03.jpg

to this?

SS 21 09.jpg

Except for the sonic power she's Silver Swan in name only, so radically different she may as well be the Silver Banshee. All the little incrimental changes have pushed her so far away from her original concept she's not even good anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I understand what everyone is getting at, and I've got a hearty chuckle. But for Wonder Woman villains, I actually do wish the SS book had done more with Hypnotic Woman. She was in Future State and even got an impressive spread of a prison breakout - with Clayface in the background. Peacemaker and Hypnotic Woman actually seem like they could make a great team, and SS could be a great place to develop the character as she seems pretty low on the villain priority list right now in the main book.
    My only issue with Hypnota being in Suicide Squad is that it means she might not be part of Villainy Inc. when it inevitably returns, and I want all eight members back.

But until that happens, I'm fine with her being on the SS. As long as they don't kill her for no reason. She seemed pretty strong from what little we've seen of her so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post

to this?

SS 21 09.jpg

Except for the sonic power she's Silver Swan in name only, so radically different she may as well be the Silver Banshee. All the little incrimental changes have pushed her so far away from her original concept she's not even good anymore.
    I really do miss Helen Alexandros. Her look and shtick could easily be modernized without having to be all cyborgy. Not to mention the Vanessa version is FAR too close to the Barbara Ann version of Cheetah.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    to this?
    SS 21 09.jpg
    I think part of it is that dressing in skimpy outfits is considered normal now, and thus not something people feel the need to fight for the ability to do. It's a weird thing but yeah... cultural approaches to im-modest attire changed from "you can't do that" to "don't dress like a slut". The first one people felt the need to rebel against in fiction... the second.... not so much. It's no longer hip or trendy to push the boundaries of what's acceptable... so they don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I really do miss Helen Alexandros. Her look and shtick could easily be modernized without having to be all cyborgy. Not to mention the Vanessa version is FAR too close to the Barbara Ann version of Cheetah.
    Or make the cybernetics more sleek and less like prosthetics, and more integrated?
    Last edited by marhawkman; 11-24-2021 at 01:07 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    My only issue with Hypnota being in Suicide Squad is that it means she might not be part of Villainy Inc. when it inevitably returns, and I want all eight members back.

But until that happens, I'm fine with her being on the SS. As long as they don't kill her for no reason. She seemed pretty strong from what little we've seen of her so far.
    I thought about that, but being on SS never stopped Harley from having like 5 books at a time, so I don't think it should hinder Hypnotic Woman from being on multiple teams. Plus they (DC I mean) could always have it that Waller looked the other way about Hypnotic Woman and Villany Inc. because it somehow plays into her nefarious plot.