BANNED

Default My X-Men Collections Want List

Anybody else want a collection of:

(1) Mutant X

(2) The Legacy Virus

(3) the Alan David run in which Marrow mysteriously got pretty and cleaned up her attitude?

Amazing Member

You know what I want a collection of, which is non-existent? Everything after the original X-Men concluded on Issue #66. I don't mean the reprints or Chris Claremont's run. I wished someone would've taken the team where Roy Thomas had left off, and kept running with it, instead of going in an entirely different direction. I'm a huge fan of the original Silver-Age X-Men. I consider it the best of the best when it comes to anything X-Men cause that's where it all started. Although I have both Silver-Age X-Men Omnibuses, I feel like there could've been a lot more. Yeah, it was campy, yeah it was like over the top fun, but it got serious, extremely serious. And once Neil Adams came in, it was insanely great. Denny O'Neil wrote one issue that Neil Adams drew, if not Roy Thomas finishing it. Denny O'Neil could've written it going forward and I'd have been happy with that. Maybe someone will later on, and finish the plot-lines that were still left hanging.

With all due respect, where respects due. Cullen Bunn is now doing an original team book in his own unique way on X-Men Blue, and I might say it's pretty damn good. But it still doesn't resolve the hanging plot-lines that were once established. I get series get cancelled and ideas get swept under the rug. But it's not that hard to come up with a solution to something that was on-going and complete it, thus spearheading it into their main book and move forward. All Claremont did was literally rehash the entire X-Men for the new era, nothing else. Yeah, I enjoy it a lot, but he never finished anything that was left hanging either. It literally all ended abruptly. So, if someone can actually complete the past in this time. The original run will be fully completed. But with that said it has to be someone good enough for the task, and I'd say Cullen Bunn is the man for the job. He's unable to write an awful story, so that's perfect for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
    You know what I want a collection of, which is non-existent? Everything after the original X-Men concluded on Issue #66. I don't mean the reprints or Chris Claremont's run. I wished someone would've taken the team where Roy Thomas had left off, and kept running with it, instead of going in an entirely different direction. I'm a huge fan of the original Silver-Age X-Men. I consider it the best of the best when it comes to anything X-Men cause that's where it all started. Although I have both Silver-Age X-Men Omnibuses, I feel like there could've been a lot more. Yeah, it was campy, yeah it was like over the top fun, but it got serious, extremely serious. And once Neil Adams came in, it was insanely great. Denny O'Neil wrote one issue that Neil Adams drew, if not Roy Thomas finishing it. Denny O'Neil could've written it going forward and I'd have been happy with that. Maybe someone will later on, and finish the plot-lines that were still left hanging.

With all due respect, where respects due. Cullen Bunn is now doing an original team book in his own unique way on X-Men Blue, and I might say it's pretty damn good. But it still doesn't resolve the hanging plot-lines that were once established. I get series get cancelled and ideas get swept under the rug. But it's not that hard to come up with a solution to something that was on-going and complete it, thus spearheading it into their main book and move forward. All Claremont did was literally rehash the entire X-Men for the new era, nothing else. Yeah, I enjoy it a lot, but he never finished anything that was left hanging either. It literally all ended abruptly. So, if someone can actually complete the past in this time. The original run will be fully completed. But with that said it has to be someone good enough for the task, and I'd say Cullen Bunn is the man for the job. He's unable to write an awful story, so that's perfect for him.
    Wasn't that what X-Men the Hidden Years by John Byrne supposedly did? I didn't read it, but I remember the press when it was launched/released about it filling in the missing years that would have been X-Men 67-93.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Amazing Member

Honestly, I knew about that series. But didn't know it was meant to serve as the forgotten years. I thought it was just a rehash of everything else and a little more tweaked. Which is most X-Books today. And to be honest and frank, I thought no one cared to even conclude it. Cause it was like so much stuff hanging, that was never resolved. Claremont came, but like, Claremont went in his own direction, although it was enjoyable. It wasn't like the past X-Men. It was just like forget the past, let's go forward with an all new team. But from the Hidden Years says it was cancelled on Issue #22, and Byrne stated he wanted to do at least up to Issue #100. But they cancelled it so they could restart the X-Men line again. But it's firmly in continuity of the original.

But it's still incomplete regardless, if it was cancelled prematurely. In a way, that sucks even more because I want a full story that's complete. Not something that was started then ended because the company deemed fit to kill it off again. So that would mean if that's in continuity, someone would have to take the ending of that story and continue it. Or, just create their own story going forward and concluding it in their own way. But it would have to literally be on par with the original and based all around it. I guess time will tell.

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

The only X-Men collection I'm waiting for is an Uncanny X-Men by Matt Fraction omnibus. I would probably pick up a Kieron Gillen omnibus as well.

Amazing Member

Honestly, if Marvel wants to give their fans something big. They should just make Omnibuses from everyone's run in X-Men. Since the people who did their own runs, actually concluded them all. And then new runs and series started out of them. So they would be complete collections. Everything from Ed Brubaker, Matt Fraction, Kieron Gillen, Chuck Austen, Cullen Bunn, Brian Michael Bendis, Dennis Hopeless, and so fourth. I'd like a Hidden Years by John Byrne as well, just to complete the original run. Ultimate X-Men was really good, too. Maybe finish up the rest of Astonishing X-Men well while they're at it. There's a lot they could do with them. The Silver-Age line isn't even close to being done either. Cause it had 2 extra volumes from the MMW's line. So Maybe collect those 2 books along with all of the Hidden Years for one massive Omnibus. Instead of just releasing Hidden Years by itself. They got Magneto they could collect in full from Cullen Bunn, X-Men Blue, X-Men Gold, now X-Men Red. There's so much material they could collect.

For me my most wanted X-Men collection would be :

- Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol.4
    - X-Men Mutant Massacre Prelude omnibus
    - Wolverine by Hama Omnibus Vol.1 & 2
    - New Mutants Omnibus Vol.1 & 2
    - Excalibur Omnibus Vol.1 & 2

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Wasn't that what X-Men the Hidden Years by John Byrne supposedly did? I didn't read it, but I remember the press when it was launched/released about it filling in the missing years that would have been X-Men 67-93.

-M
    Indeed - X-Men Omnibus vol.3, aka X-Men: Hidden Years Omnibus was on my Most Wanted votes this year; containing the contents of X-Men MMWs vol.7-8 and X-Men: the Hidden Years #1-22 by John Byrne

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    The only X-Men collection I'm waiting for is an Uncanny X-Men by Matt Fraction omnibus. I would probably pick up a Kieron Gillen omnibus as well.
    I would pick up most of the suggestions so far, but this era is what I think needs the oversized treatment in full!

I would love to see:
    HoM Omnibus + Companion
    X-Men: Decimation OHC (all miniseries, post-HoM Claremont Uncanny and post-HoM Milligan adjective-less)
    Existing WAR OF KINGS OMNIBUS
    Messiah Complex Prelude OHC (Brubaker's Uncanny and Carey's adjective-less issues)
    Existing ENDANGERED SPECIES OHC
    Existing MESSIAH COMPLEX OHC
    Uncanny X-Men by Fraction (& Brubaker) (Messiah Complex to Second Coming issues, plus Manifest Destiny #1-5, Divided We Stand #1-2, core Utopia X crossover issues and Nation X #1-4)
    X-Men: Legacy by Carey vol.1 (Messiah Complex to Second Coming issues, X-Men: Secret Invasion #1-4 & Original Sin crossover)
    Existing NECROSHA X OHC
    Existing SECOND COMING OHC
    Uncanny X-Men by Gillen (& Fraction) (Second Coming to (& including?) AvX issues + Generation Hope #1-12 & Regenesis)
    X-Men: Legacy by Carey vol.2 (Second Coming to #260 & AoX crossover)
    Existing AvX + AvX: COMPANION OHCs
    Last edited by jm21; 05-02-2018 at 03:11 PM.

I'd like an Alpha Flight Volume 2 Complete Collection featuring AF #1-20, Minus 1, and Annual 1.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Anybody else want a collection of:

(1) Mutant X

(2) The Legacy Virus

(3) the Alan David run in which Marrow mysteriously got pretty and cleaned up her attitude?
    Whislt the Legacy Virus suggestion is nonsense (what would that even collect??), I too want the Alan Davis Shattering/Twelve Omnibus Collection.

A Mutant X collection is coming out later in the year though!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AstonishingXMan View Post
    I'd like an Alpha Flight Volume 2 Complete Collection featuring AF #1-20, Minus 1, and Annual 1.
    Hell yes! - I would snap this up