#69 Venom #165 --30,118
    #93 Spider-man #239 --24,383
    #102 Spider-man/Deadpool #31 --23,287
    #123 Spider-Gwen #31 --17,995
    #124 Champions #19 --17,992
    #125 Amazing Spider-man Renew Your Vows #18 --17,918
    #136 Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider #17 --16,027

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Can't imagine we stick with this lineup of spider-man books by the end of the year, so many are slumping in sales. Also it's 798 and 799 regarding ASM, not 298 & 2999.

Looks like Venom got a good bump up. And of course the Venom mini sells well .
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Can't imagine we stick with this lineup of spider-man books by the end of the year, so many are slumping in sales. Also it's 798 and 799 regarding ASM, not 298 & 2999.
    I think it's pretty likely we're going to see a culling and soft relaunch of the Spider-Titles with Fresh Start, starting with Spencer's new ASM run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I think it's pretty likely we're going to see a culling and soft relaunch of the Spider-Titles with Fresh Start, starting with Spencer's new ASM run.
    Spider-Man/Deadpool I believe still sells well in trades, so that'll probably be sticking around for a bit longer. Spider-Gwen and Spider-Man will most likely be getting new relaunches. Renew Your Vows and Ben Reilly are big question marks, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're reaching their end games soon.

I'm also expecting we'll be getting one or two brand new (not relaunched) Spider-books in the near future.

They should bring back Amazing Fantasy and use it as a Spider Family title. Spider-Woman, Spider-Girl (either of them), Silk, and Anti-Venom would be candidates for slots in such a book, as well as Scarlet Spider and Spiderling if their current books are cancelled.

Those Champions numbers are bad. New creative team and yet it's still around the same number as the previous issue. Probably should've renumbered.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-08-2018 at 05:59 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

iMan 42s

I'm not 100% if that's accounting for digital sales. It may also do just fine in trades so that might keep things alive.

Gotta say though, that's saddening for Scarlet Spider. I'd be curious to know how this is happening again. I understood it last time, Superior Spider-man was pulling the same schtick and is the more important of the three at the time. Even New Warriors just didn't have the same energy an Avengers book did. Much as I didn't like it it made sense to me. But this? Clone Conspiracy was a shaky foundation sure but what happened?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I'm not 100% if that's accounting for digital sales. It may also do just fine in trades so that might keep things alive.

Gotta say though, that's saddening for Scarlet Spider. I'd be curious to know how this is happening again. I understood it last time, Superior Spider-man was pulling the same schtick and is the more important of the three at the time. Even New Warriors just didn't have the same energy an Avengers book did. Much as I didn't like it it made sense to me. But this? Clone Conspiracy was a shaky foundation sure but what happened?
    I think it's as simple as there aren't that many people who will pay money for a Ben Reiley book. Creative team, launch and premise can influence up to a point, but I think even if those things are ideal the book is unlikely to sell well and last more than 25 issues. Of course you can say that about a lot of books.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They should bring back Amazing Fantasy and use it as a Spider Family title. Spider-Woman, Spider-Girl (either of them), Silk, and Anti-Venom would be candidates for slots in such a book, as well as Scarlet Spider and Spiderling if their current books are cancelled.

Those Champions numbers are bad. New creative team and yet it's still around the same number as the previous issue. Probably should've renumbered.
    That's actually a great idea, Amazing Fantasy, where every issue is a new story focusing on a Spider (or multiple Spider)-characters. I would love that!

I think Scarlet needs some new cast members. The cast at the vet shelter doesn't really do it for me. Aunt June is funny, but who else is there to like?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post

Speaking for myself, Scarlet Spider just wasn't holding my interest so I eventually dropped it.

I actually liked the early issues with Ben continuing the morally ambiguous role he played in Clone Conspiracy much more than the more straight-forward good guy with a slight edge that he seemed to segue into. I liked the unpredictability of the former and felt that once it was established that he was pretty much a good guy, the book became bland.

I just don't think the book has made the case of why we need this particular addition to the Spidey line.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Well, Spider-Gwen's definitely ending and Miles' book is done for now. And expect Renew Your Vows and Scarlet Spider to call it a day soon.

That's four slots that are up to be filled - if they want to keep the same number of titles in the Spider line, that is.

We know that Miles will get a relaunched solo at some point. That's a given.

Other than that, I'm not sure what else might be coming. A new volume of Web of Spider-Man seems likely, though.

I also wonder if Spider-Man/Deadpool will be relaunched. Sales seem relatively steady but that book could probably use a boost at this point.

Won't be shocked to see a book called Ghost-Spider, a replacement for Spider-Gwen starring her in the 616 universe (we as good as know she's coming over at this point, thanks to Marvel Rising, whose comics are actually set in 616 - plus her secret identity is now blown in Earth-65).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Won't be shocked to see a book called Ghost-Spider, a replacement for Spider-Gwen starring her in the 616 universe (we as good as know she's coming over at this point, thanks to Marvel Rising, whose comics are actually set in 616 - plus her secret identity is now blown in Earth-65).
    But question is, do we know if Gwen will be actually showing up in the Marvel Rising mini-series? Because so far, it looks like its just going to be a Ms. Marvel/Squirrel Girl book, Gwen isn't even on all of the covers with the other characters.

I wouldn't be surprised if she does end up adopting the Ghost-Spider moniker and moves to 616 for the start of her new book, but I am really interested in the reasoning they will give to do that. I do hope if so that it isn't a permanent move, and that she still technically lives in Earth-65, just because that'll feel cheap to have her run away from her own world after everything that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Well, Spider-Gwen's definitely ending and Miles' book is done for now. And expect Renew Your Vows and Scarlet Spider to call it a day soon.

That's four slots that are up to be filled - if they want to keep the same number of titles in the Spider line, that is.

We know that Miles will get a relaunched solo at some point. That's a given.

Other than that, I'm not sure what else might be coming. A new volume of Web of Spider-Man seems likely, though.

I also wonder if Spider-Man/Deadpool will be relaunched. Sales seem relatively steady but that book could probably use a boost at this point.
    I'm curious if they'll replace Scarlet with another PAD Spider-Book, since he usually seems to have at least one Spider-Man book running since he kicked off the new volume of 2099 way back during Superior.

If Marvel wants to give Spider-Man/Deadpool a boost, I don't see a relaunch being what does it.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Bit concerned that Renew Your Vows is under 20,000. I like that book so I'm hoping sales pick up soon for it. Nice to see Spectacular doing ok, I don't mind that series.