Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Weakest character who can beat Pre-COIE Darkseid?

Darkseid ain't what he used to be. Back in the day, old Uxas was far more powerful than how he is now.

But where on the overall power scale was he exactly?

More to the point, where does the line of "ones who can beat pre-Crisis Darkseid" begin?

My gut says maybe somewhere between Classic Odin and Galactus, so maybe ... Celestials? I know this Darkseid beats any solo version (non-IG/non-HOTU) of Thanos.

Odin can beat him

Is he's weaker than Odin, then I'd say; Tyrant?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Is he's weaker than Odin, then I'd say; Tyrant?
    Tyrant and Odin might actually be fairly close. I guess technically Odin has better feats, but having the upper hand against a power boosted Thanos is pretty serious.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Tyrant and Odin might actually be fairly close. I guess technically Odin has better feats, but having the upper hand against a power boosted Thanos is pretty serious.
    You mean the Orb?

That Thanos used primarily to not die? I dunno if that's saying much "power boost" wise.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    You mean the Orb?

That Thanos used primarily to not die? I dunno if that's saying much "power boost" wise.
    Isn't him using it to "not die" kind of proof of it boosting?

He was literally scrambling after the thing with a look of panic on his face when it fell from his hands. You don't think it offered a boost?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Isn't him using it to "not die" kind of proof of it boosting?

He was literally scrambling after the thing with a look of panic on his face when it fell from his hands. You don't think it offered a boost?
    I mean if he dropped it, not really.

Unless you're saying the boost was to turn into a Butterfingers. I guess the point I'm making is, the boost was negligible. Odin is still going to drag his gut into this battle and waddle away with a win against Tyrant without too much trouble.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I mean if he dropped it, not really.

Unless you're saying the boost was to turn into a Butterfingers. I guess the point I'm making is, the boost was negligible. Odin is still going to drag his gut into this battle and waddle away with a win against Tyrant without too much trouble.
    He dropped it because he was getting blasted about.

I mean if you look into the details of the fight, Thanos was choosing to punch Tyrant with the Orb and not his free hand. He was channeling blasts through the Orb instead of his normal beams. It was clearly a useful tool.

You are right in the sense that we don't know for sure exactly how boosted he became. But I'm arguing it at the least was more than a "negligible" amount if he scrambled after it and all the other stuff.

At the end, his armor was in worse shape than when he fought Odin. For whatever that's worth :P

Anyways, I even agree that Odin wins due to better feats or at least more of them. I just think its closer than one might expect.
    - big_adventure

I suppose that's fair, but eh ... I mean the whole point of Tyrant was to showcase how much powerful he was than the heralds, so I sort of see his slapping of a nebulously empowered Thanos as par for the course.

I might concede that it's closer however given that current Odin is apparently a belligerent drunk that can barely speak, let along fight Jane Thor, or whatever.

Arx Inosaan

I suppose that's fair, but eh ... I mean the whole point of Tyrant was to showcase how much powerful he was than the heralds, so I sort of see his slapping of a nebulously empowered Thanos as par for the course.

I might concede that it's closer however given that current Odin is apparently a belligerent drunk that can barely speak, let along fight Jane Thor, or whatever.
    Oh lord. Current Odin. Bleh.
    - big_adventure

Oh lord. Current Odin. Bleh.
    The side-effects of huffing your own Amnesia Dust are many.

Arx Inosaan

Tyrant doesn't have to beat Odin here. The question is; can he solo pre-crisis Darkseid?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Tyrant in his original form kinda did a whole lot better against Galactus than Odin so yes. Otherwise no

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

the punchmaster!

I just remembered: Composite Superman! I actually made a thread about that once, and he won: http://community.comicbookresources....osite-Superman
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral