Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    she's famous for being a vicious predator with the strength and cunning to take on some of the most powerful superheros on the planet and win. ^_^ The specifics of how and why are less important.
    Sure if you don't mind a villain who's one-dimensional.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Well, obviously that's not the sum total of all she is, just what she's most famous for.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, obviously that's not the sum total of all she is, just what she's most famous for.
    Yeah but she needs to be even more famous for soemthing else to be Wonder Woman's Joker.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

It'll be interesting to see what Snyder does with Cheetah and Luthor's promise to her that she'll be able to kill gods.

That's interesting (and in a way an interesting parallel to Diana being the "godkiller" in the Wonder Woman movie), but I hope whoever inherits her next can build on that as well as Rucka's foundation. So we know Cheetah wants revenge on deities and Cale and Diana, but what else?

How has being the Cheetah without the influence of Urzkartaga changed what Barbara Minerva wants? Is she still attracted to Etta because she reminds her of a piece of her mortal self? Does that put Etta in danger? Does that put Etta and Diana at a crossroads of how to stop/contain Barbara?

Does Barbara want riches and power? Does she want something else from Lex and being allied with some of the most powerful villains on Earth?

Does she just want to hunt? And really, who is more exciting and challenging prey to hunt than the superheroes and supervillains of Earth? (Should they be frightened?)

These are just a few of the things I'm considering about Cheetah and Barbara as I wonder (and develop) where she might go next as an important, powerful character in Wonder Woman and the DCU.

If you wanted a Legion of Donn focusing on Cheetah what would you want to see?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    If you wanted a Legion of Donn focusing on Cheetah what would you want to see?
    Personally something that makes her seem like a legitimate threat to Wonder Woman or for that matter any member of the Justice League.
    Many writers when tackling Barbara Minerva tend to treat her as the mindless grunt. Making her the Rhino of her respective team up. The Priscilla Rich Cheetah benefited from having an army of minions she forced under her sway with that inner animal furry power thing of hers and for being a brilliant criminal in her own right who actually came up with cunning plans and worked to overcome Wonder Woman by going at her indirectly. She was someone who defeated Hippolyta at one point.

So to make Barbara more menacing if their going to abandon the reluctant victim thing Rucka set up, id like to see them play up her intelligence a bit more and give her a power on par with Priscillas 'unleash your inner furry' trick so that she can just up and turn people into her minions.

I would keep her bite turning people into were-cheetah zombies. In new 52 she did good in biting several members of the JL

How many times have we seen the "turn people into minions" trope though?

I think we are better off without that. I would like to see her maybe controlling her beastly self a little bit more, focusing her raw power (and not only her intellect) to achieve her revenge goals.

What if Wonder Woman couldn't calm her down like the last times they fought in Rucka's run? What if Wonder Woman's promise to save her became less and less possible? What are the last things that could make her stop, even just for a little? I think those are more interesting points to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    How many times have we seen the "turn people into minions" trope though?
    Realistically, not often enough.