Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default How happy are you F4 and X-Men fans?

With the rumors of Disney acquiring Fox that means the F4 and X-Men return to the MCU. Which also means the petty Disney/Fox beef ends. Now I havent been keeping up with comics in a while but when I did(around Secret Wars) both X-Men and F4(especially) been getting crapped on due to Marvel comics not wanting to promote characters licensed by Fox. We seen this with the F4 comics getting discontinued and with Marvel forcing the Inhumans down our throats as the mutant replacement.

With this coming to an end hopefully BOTH the X-Men and F4 get treated fairly in the comics. What are you guys thoughts?

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Well I love forward Avengers vs X-men 2

As a fan of the X-Men movies now... I didn't really want it to happen.

As a fan of the MCU and as the rumors come closer to reality... I'm kind of excited.

It'll be something fresh and new... and whole.. and I welcome it.

BANNED

I'm happy because Marvel is gonna start pushing and normiefying other franchises, so stuff like Iron Man, Black Widow, Winter Soldier and Doctor Strange can go back to their old selves.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno_Knight View Post
    I'm happy because Marvel is gonna start pushing and normiefying other franchises, so stuff like Iron Man, Black Widow, Winter Soldier and Doctor Strange can go back to their old selves.
    This is what I want!

I'm really excited for it. To think the X-Men would go from sidelined to probably more on the spotlight than ever, just makes me so happy. I think we should try to be at least a little skeptical about it, just in case.

As a FF fan. Hell yeah! I'm happy and excited!
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Not counting any chickens until they're hatched. If Marvel gets their licenses back, I'm going to be happy. I really haven't liked an X movie since the second one.

Edit: well, except for Logan... because he died.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

I only care about the X-Men in the movies; I rarely read or care about them in the comics; they seem like they (and their fans) only want them in their own world.

I'm planning on reading X-Men Red, since I'll always love Jean and Namor helps too.

I would prefer for the X-Men to be a part of the MCU in a more realistic way; not hidden and divisive with the rest of the world.
    THE WORLD HAS CHANGED and more things; gay, Muslim, Latino, disabled, transgender, etc. etc. are accepted or moving in that path. What, everyone is more into diversity, except for mutants? Pppfffffffftttttt!

So it doesn't make sense to me, to keep them in their same old stance of "everyone hates us". There are far more interesting commonalities that should be explored, rather than these old, same, boring memes from 50 years ago.

I would be happy if the FF get some what canon treatment and be allowed to keep the things that made them great. Lets have Johnny have the romance with Crystal, like they never should have changed in the first place. Things like that.

I'm not really feeling one way or the other to be honest. At least not until i know it's official. Until that time it really is just is what is is. But as someone who hated all the x-men movies it can't be much worse for me. I do like Legion and Gifted though so hope that doesn't really change. But what i really want is Storm to become a disney princess because the story is there and i just want to see it. Lol. claremont can do the script. Other than that i think X-men may be a better fit for Pixar than Marvel Studios. I just feel more can be done in the realm of animation.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Deal's not official yet.

But it will be nice to have Marvel no longer sidelining the X-Men and Fantastic Four in video games and other such projects. It was weird having a Marvel vs. Capcom game without any X-Men or Dr. Doom in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno_Knight View Post
    And what do you mean by "normiefying"?

Team Fox! I want New Mutants trilogy. X-23 Movie.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    With the rumors of Disney acquiring Fox that means the F4 and X-Men return to the MCU. Which also means the petty Disney/Fox beef ends. Now I havent been keeping up with comics in a while but when I did(around Secret Wars) both X-Men and F4(especially) been getting crapped on due to Marvel comics not wanting to promote characters licensed by Fox. We seen this with the F4 comics getting discontinued and with Marvel forcing the Inhumans down our throats as the mutant replacement.

With this coming to an end hopefully BOTH the X-Men and F4 get treated fairly in the comics. What are you guys thoughts?
    Never happened and is it about time X-Men fans GROW UP and moved on?

If Marvel really wanted to do that they would have stopped making X-Men books PERIOD.

As to your question-not really happy about it.

Stopped caring for the X-franchise after the fans went ham on Black Panther hate and badly written black males filled the franchise as death fodder.

FF indifferent.

As long no one gets screwed over in favor of those two franchises-every thing is fine to me. I don't want to see lets forget who did the real hard work and took the risks with Blade to Thor to Iron Man to Panther to Strange to Antman for some movement to act like DC-where two franchises hold everyone hostage.

The MCU should NOT become an X-Man & FF play land at the expense of others. Marvel got here by being diverse in its products. X-Men & FF should be additions to what is being done.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Cautiously optimistic. I've made no bones about my unhappiness about how Quicksilver has been treated due to the fall out between Disney/Marvel and Fox. The sooner that bad blood is mended, the sooner Pietro can go back to being the mutant son of Magneto again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I would be happy if the FF get some what canon treatment and be allowed to keep the things that made them great. Lets have Johnny have the romance with Crystal, like they never should have changed in the first place. Things like that.
    I can tell you one thing about the future: the only way Johnny Storm is getting together with Crystal will be on tv, not in the movies.