Page 1 of 55 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Inhumans vs X-Men #1 SPOILERS

I personally loved the issue, and moved much faster that Death of X did in its first 3 issues. This issue is also very thick, and I think worth the price point (unlike CWII)

SPOILERS BELOW

- Issue opens up with a group of X-Men (Rogue, Storm, Beast, O.M.Logan, Emma, Young Beast, Magneto, Forge) discussing the last Terrigen Mist cloud. Present day Beast reveals that he's out of time, and mutants only have 2 weeks before the bonds on the remaining cloud loosen and spread across the whole planet. His only options are to leave the planet or die.

- Quite dialogue and exposition heavy in the beginning half of this issue, setting the stage and catches everyone everyone up on any backstory. Emma reveals that she has had a back-up plan in the past 8 months in case Storm's plan of peaceful co-existence fails.

- Magneto says to fight, refusing the mutants to be "gassed" - very on the nose but a good moment. Beast is totally against this, with first-hand experience on the Inhumans and what they're capable of.

- Meanwhile, we have a scene in Black Bolt's club, and a mysterious VIP wants to speak to him, whilst new performer 'Lady Shine' has been very successful. Medusa and Johnny Storm have a short scene, readying new children to undergo terrigenesis until Torch notices something coming.

- Gorgon and Crystal are helping rescue a Russian mutant in Chechnya just before the cloud arrives (successfully).

- Emma next outlines her plan to systematically take out the key Inhuman threats, starting with Karnak - he knows the truce will fail from his ability to sense weaknesses. A mutant wants to see him.

- Logan reminds Emma of the threat Lockjaw presents in jumping Inhumans around. Cut to Ms Marvel walking him, cute scene. Lockjaw suddenly disappears whilst she is on the phone to Nakia.

- Emma is very passionate, particularly on her loss of Scott (which the other mutants still don't know was just a psychic projection). They have a vote. Rogue votes no. Forge abstains. The rest are pro-attacking. Big Beast is outraged and walks out to warn the Inhumans.

- BUT Storm blasts Beast with a lightning bolt, revealing she was a part of Emma and Magneto's plan the whole time. A good twist, but not sure how it particularly fits with what's been happening in Extraordinary X-Men, but I haven't been reading that much so I'm not too sure.

- Emma is in the club, chatting with Black Bolt. Some great Emma moments already throughout this issue, this is Emma at her best and very well written. She invites 'Lady Shine' in the room and declares the truce is over. Lady Shine pulls a gun out on Black Bolt, and he uses his power, saying "Don't".

- SURPRISE Lady Shine is actually Dazzler. Nice that she remembers they've faced each other before. Most of us suspected it was Dazzler, but it's nice that she's back because she's great. Emma punches BB in the throat with her diamond form "for Cyclops" and Dazzler redirects the energy stored into BB leaving him down.

- The unknown mutant visiting Karnak is actually Jean Grey, and she's keeping him distracted in a time loop, replaying conversations six times over.

- The Russian rescued mutant is actually Magneto, and he destroys the ship and holds everyone on board in metal, claiming he is the only one who saves mutants.

- Fantomex knocks out Lockjaw with some drug I think?

- At New Attilan, Johnny flames on, Medusa wants to maintain their truce and talk, but if they want a fight, they will fight.

- End panel is the X-Men dashing towards N. Attilan. No real surprises in terms of unseen characters in this page, except Sunfire perhaps. ANX, Extraordinary, and Uncanny members are present here.

Solid issue, nice surprises but nothing hugely game changing. Sets up the story very well I think, and some very nice character moments and use of powers by the X-Men. Very satisfying to see the Inhumans get taken out. 8/10

BANNED

Thenames9 :

Thanks

- Emma is very passionate, particularly on her loss of Scott (which the other mutants still don't know was just a psychic projection). They have a vote. Rogue votes no. Forge abstains. The rest are pro-attacking. Big Beast is outraged and walks out to warn the Inhumans.

- BUT Storm blasts Beast with a lightning bolt, revealing she was a part of Emma and Magneto's plan the whole time. A good twist, but not sure how it particularly fits with what's been happening in Extraordinary X-Men, but I haven't been reading that much so I'm not too sure.
    really? wow
    they should put Rogue in prison also

BANNED

EXM is even more laughable now with its pointlessness. Great issue and seeing soo many mutants working together is great.

At least someone shut Beast up. Leave the planet is your own option. He been the root cause of everything he needs to be trialed again.

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Man, that actually sounds awesome. Great now I'm back to really looking forward to this event.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanBansheeCassidy View Post
    EXM is even more laughable now with its pointlessness. Great issue and seeing soo many mutants working together is great.
    That is definitely a plus.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

BANNED

Soule knows continuity, Lemire only cares about illyana, oml, and moon knight. That was CC storm.

BANNED

Mind control...definitely mind control Storm.

BANNED

If Beast dies in this thing it'll be a mercy kill at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    But which one? The Storm from this issue, or the Storm from EXM?
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Lemire's Doombot.

This was such a fun read. I constantly kept going "yusssss" .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    EXM deserves to be scrubbed from existence. Storm would be better off without EXM. Would go toward explaining Kitty becoming leader instead.

oh the backlash on here when the Inhumans counter attack

This was too easy

fun, but too easy

dat prep time will F you up. Inhuman arrogance F'd them over here
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    No, she's not mind-controlled.

But don't worry, the reason she steps down for kitty later will probably be due to this decision, i.e. to join the war effort.

Well I hope this fight is at least more interesting than all this stupid plot. I will not buy IvX but wish good reading and fun for everyone to make up for all the holes in the plot to this day.

Maybe Storm is being manipulated by Emma but I find it difficult as a leader even wanting a peaceful solution she would never accept the death of the mutants for the good of the Inhumans.

As for Beast well if he does not die in this war believe he will not take place in the X-mens for a long time and many readers at this moment should think of him as a traitor which is a pity but makes room for the marvel to use the young Beast .

About Rogue it makes sense she is part of the UA and the last time she decided to do what she thought was necessary killing Wanda during the fight against the twins Apocalypse ended up worsening the situation giving the victory to them.
    Last edited by Knives; 12-14-2016 at 06:51 AM.