Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Magma's still young. When Storm was her age she thought she was some crazy god and only made it rain.

Their powers don't really overlap either. Storm can influence the Earth but Magma has direct control there. Just as I'm sure Magma could influence the atmosphere while Storm has direct control there.

Storm's diversity is overrated anyway. She's no Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Their powers don't really overlap either. Storm can influence the Earth but Magma has direct control there. Just as I'm sure Magma influence the atmosphere while Storm has direct control there.
    not for nothing, but magma can even make it lightning without needing storm. storm cannot open lava canyons or spray it from her body

This is such a strange argument. Storm can do things woohoo, but that shouldn't stop other characters from being in the book. Morrison's team had three telepaths, and Storm and Magma's powers aren't even similar. What if there comes a time when the team needs to trap an enemy without focusing their attention on him/her? Magma can help there, and it would be less dangerous than if Kitty did it. When feats are all you want from a character, that character starts to get boring. Thankfully Storm is a better character than her powers.

BANNED

Magma's still young. When Storm was her age she thought she was some crazy god and only made it rain.

Their powers don't really overlap either. Storm can influence the Earth but Magma has direct control there. Just as I'm sure Magma could influence the atmosphere while Storm has direct control there.

Storm's diversity is overrated anyway. She's no Magneto.
    What you said in the bold is incorrect and now you sound like a hater lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    This is such a strange argument. Storm can do things woohoo, but that shouldn't stop other characters from being in the book. Morrison's team had three telepaths, and Storm and Magma's powers aren't even similar. What if there comes a time when the team needs to trap an enemy without focusing their attention on him/her? Magma can help there, and it would be less dangerous than if Kitty did it. When feats are all you want from a character, that character starts to get boring. Thankfully Storm is a better character than her powers.
    I don't want feats I want better character development. This book didn't deliver that. Storm and Magma's powers are different as you said yes. But your example of trapping someone Storm would be a better choice. ANYWAY let's hope issue for is better than today's.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 05-03-2017 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    All of what you just said is incorrect. But moving on.

I don't want feats I want better character development. This book didn't deliver that. Storm and Magma's powers are different as you said yes. But your example of trapping someone Storm would be a better choice. ANYWAY let's hope issue for is better than today's.
    How? Storm could trap them with the wind, but she would have to keep holding them. Magma could leave them in Earth and move on with her life.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Her solo didn't do well because of poor marketing and the stories needed to be better. She had no A-list villains to fight. I think the lineup is great for Ororo. I would just swap out Rachel for Sage. The point I was making is with Storm on the team, you don't need other energy wielders.
    But the whole point of this team is to capture the early 80's UXM nostalgia and that book had Storm in the same team with Rachel, Colossus, Shadowcat, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Cyclops and Rogue. This team has all but 2 of those characters in it. Sage wasn't a part of that team so that's why she's not there. And Storm has been teamed up with powerful TK users many times in the past, even in Claremont's books where all of these Mary Sue-ish feats you are craving for happened! So clearly the issue isn't that her powers are nerfed because of her team mates. She was almost the sole powerhouse in EXM AND the team leader and she STILL didn't show that big feats. Current canonical Storm just isn't capable of combating Hulk one on one or healing herself from a single cell Wolverine style or simulating telepathy by manipulating electricity in people's brains. That's not how her powers work under modern writers and only reason she has been able to do stuff like that in the past is because she has been written as a borderline Mary Sue and the writers have stretched the limits of weather manipulation quite a bit by taking a ton of creative liberties. Most of the time Storm isn't all powerful like you wish her to be and that's for the best if one wants to see her continue to exist within modern books. If she becomes too overpowered she'll have no need to be on the team. Feats aren't necessarily the most important thing. Characterization is more important.
    And I get that it's hard to see your favorite get sidelined but Storm has recently had a lot of focus by being a leader so that's why she's more in the background right now to give others more focus. Granted the focus in XMG could be spread out better but still.

BANNED

Rachel would be a better choice for trapping someone than Storm anyway. She's a better choice for about anything really but MOVING ON.

BANNED

How? Storm could trap them with the wind, but she would have to keep holding them. Magma could leave them in Earth and move on with her life.
    Flash freeze them. Storm moves on with her life pretty easy. Has Magma ever trapped someone in the earth without much damage to the area and people around her?? If not then I probably wouldn't ask her to do anything, but be destructive.

Flash freeze them. Storm moves on with her life pretty easy. Has Magma ever trapped someone in the earth with much damage to the area and people around her??
    That's really up to the writer I would say.

No it's not it's the Kitty Pryde Show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Correction its the Kitty and Logan show, guest staring Storm, Nightcrawler, and Rachel
    HAHAHA yup. Don't forget special appearance Gambit next Episode.
    So stay tune kids for another exciting adventure of Kitty Pryde and HER boring X-Men adventures.
    Maybe they should have called this book Pryde of the X-Men?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    But the whole point of this team is to capture the early 80's UXM nostalgia and that book had Storm in the same team with Rachel, Colossus, Shadowcat, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Cyclops and Rogue.
    That team existed for like 5 issues. It's a weird point in time to pick for nostalgia. If you take Cyclops out you get something like 15 issues, but then Xavier was a full member of the team for the same period.

BANNED

Flash freeze them. Storm moves on with her life pretty easy. Has Magma ever trapped someone in the earth without much damage to the area and people around her?? If not then I probably wouldn't ask her to do anything, but be destructive.
    Yes because a sudden flash freezing totally wouldn't kill someone or cause any collateral damage.

BANNED

That's really up to the writer I would say.
    I wouldn't mind Magma joining the team he'll make it interesting now the team has double firepower. I LOVE Storm, but she can't do everything for the team. And Guggenheim doesn't seem interested in doing anything cool for Storm or even Rachel for that matter. How in the Sam's hell you struggle to find a Telepath who's powers isn't TK but Illusions, but knock him out and say it was an easy fight. LOL

I guess I don't undestand why Storm has teammates in the first place.

Who needs Logan? Storm can make herself ice claws, and she doesn't need healing because she's an untouchable goddess.
    Rachel? Controlling the wind is basically telekinesis right? And Storm's will is indomitable (which isn't a real thing, but whatever), so telepathy can't touch her.
    Colossus? Storm can create a wind barrier and use it to lift things and attack.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    Maybe they should have called this book Pryde of the X-Men?
    That's a pretty cool name. Shoot I think you need to write this book.

Yes because a sudden flash freezing totally wouldn't kill someone or cause any collateral damage.
    I see that you don't know that much of Storm and how less collateral damage she has done with her powers.