Page 202 of 231 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 3451

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Hellion, Rockslide, Armor, Gentle, X-23, and Glob are in Extermination #4, mostly as cameos and supporting roles. Actually, this is the first well-written Nezhno in a while, but I hope whatever Brisson was doing with Laura's voice doesn't continue into Disassembled.
    Do you have the scans for Nezhno?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Also, kinda random but who do you think would be a good choice to portray Wind Dancer onscreen?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Do you have the scans for Nezhno?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm about to start a mega re-read of the New X-Men. I originally wanted to start from the "Childhood's End" arc when Kyle & Yost took over, but now I'm actually tempted to go back to the very start from New Mutants (vol. 2) where all the characters were introduced. I think I will enjoy the dramatic shift in tone and characters focus even more. Also, I remember liking Paco Medina's art as he worked on the majority of the issues, but I believe it's with Skottie Young's all-too brief run that the series reached its peak, in the same way Bill Sienkiewicz elevated New Mutants to new heights back in the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I'm about to start a mega re-read of the New X-Men. I originally wanted to start from the "Childhood's End" arc when Kyle & Yost took over, but now I'm actually tempted to go back to the very start from New Mutants (vol. 2) where all the characters were introduced. I think I will enjoy the dramatic shift in tone and characters focus even more. Also, I remember liking Paco Medina's art as he worked on the majority of the issues, but I believe it's with Skottie Young's all-too brief run that the series reached its peak, in the same way Bill Sienkiewicz elevated New Mutants to new heights back in the 80s.
    Children of the X-Men & Quest for Magik were my FAVORITES. No x-teen book since has ever reached that type of quality, ESPECIALLY 'Children of the X-Men'. The dynamics between the characters being fleshed out as they were pushed to the edge. The tearjerking reason behind the "Youngest X-Men" scenes, Hellion/Mercury v. Emma, Surge and Prodigy, Loa stopping Elixir from losing it etc etc.

Thanks for the scans, those pages are just PERFECTION. I consider Kyle & Yost's New X-Men the only worthy successor to the original New Mutants, working in conjunction with the main X-Men series but fleshing out wonderful characters on its own at the same time. Lobdell & Bachalo came close with Generation X but lost steam too much and too soon, while New X-Men just kept getting better with age.

Why Marvel axed it at the peak of its popularity after Messiah Complex, replacing it with the mediocre Young X-Men, is beyond me. Why CB Cebulski, who was the original editor of New Mutants vol. 2 and for sure contributed to the creation of all these characters, doesn't bring these characters back together in a team book is beyond me.

I'm sure there were reasons, but i just can't understand ending the book, just when it reached its peak. Also why launch Young X-men with a new creative team if K&Y were still around and by all measures were doing great with the "young" X-men group?

Doesnt make sense yo.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    I'm sure there were reasons, but i just can't understand ending the book, just when it reached its peak. Also why launch Young X-men with a new creative team if K&Y were still around and by all measures were doing great with the "young" X-men group?

Doesnt make sense yo.
    Because they were on X-Force and the Guggenhiem left the fan favorites behind in YXM
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

So zub got a teenage mutant!!!! So lets guess who it is.
    http://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/179825...-d-white#notes

If Laura keeps being written like that in Uncanny, I’m not going to touch that series.

I’m at the point where I’m no longer excited about her appearances in comics outside her solo, but rather dreading “what out of character crap is she going to say this time?” Tamaki’s Laura isn’t perfect either, but at least she’s recognizable. It’s a shame that Marvel has made me lose so much interest in a character I used to love.

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    So zub got a teenage mutant!!!! So lets guess who it is.
    http://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/179825...-d-white#notes
    Where do you see it mentioned there that she's teenaged?

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Forever sad there were no more leader talks between Cyke and Surge. Heck I would've liked Leader talks with Cyke, Surge, Dani, Cannonball, and Madrox.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    This is my read order for this class of students...
    New Mutants
    New X-Men: Academy X
    New X-Men (Childhood's End - lame sub title)
    Young X-Men
    Pixie Strikes Back // X-Dudes (To Serve and Protect)
    Schism
    Wolverine and the X-Men vol 1 & 2
    Spider-Man and the X-Men
    Generation X
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    This is my read order for this class of students...
    New Mutants
    New X-Men: Academy X
    New X-Men (Childhood's End - lame sub title)
    Young X-Men
    Pixie Strikes Back // X-Dudes (To Serve and Protect)
    Schism
    Wolverine and the X-Men vol 1 & 2
    Spider-Man and the X-Men
    Generation X
    You missed X-men Legacy (Utopia era) where the students become Rogue's supporting cast. They take center stage in several arcs. To a lesser degree, one can argue adding Generation Hope for Pixie and Martha

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You missed X-men Legacy (Utopia era) where the students become Rogue's supporting cast. They take center stage in several arcs. To a lesser degree, one can argue adding Generation Hope for Pixie and Martha
    Generation Hope is something that's hard to remember even having existed, yet it wasn't a bad book by any means. Although I'm not particularly fond of any of the "Lights" I do love a good Kieron Gillen comic.