View Poll Results: Do you want to see Emma Frost back on an X-Men team?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

144 59.26%
  • No

99 40.74%
Page 34 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Uncanny x-men #10, when Jean talks with X-Man Nate.
    Ahh. Thanks. I haven't read it yet so I'll take you and Havok's word for it.

I'm not really sure how much these memories are going to matter. For Scott's part, I'm curious if Tyke's memories will effect his perceptions of Emma. He certainly was witness to her highs and lows after DoX. I don't recall Tyke ever really saying much about Emma. He had so much angst about his older self I can't imagine he had much of an appreciation for Emma by extension. I hope Scott understands her actions and accepts them for what they were. These extra memories just muddy the waters more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Ahh. Thanks. I haven't read it yet so I'll take you and Havok's word for it.

I'm not really sure how much these memories are going to matter. For Scott's part, I'm curious if Tyke's memories will effect his perceptions of Emma. He certainly was witness to her highs and lows after DoX. I don't recall Tyke ever really saying much about Emma. He had so much angst about his older self I can't imagine he had much of an appreciation for Emma by extension. I hope Scott understands her actions and accepts them for what they were. These extra memories just muddy the waters more than anything.
    He actually hated Emma and wanted her to pay for what she did to him. He went into a depression and was publicly hated and he blamed her for his suffering bc she didnt reach out to him and explain things

I think Scott's opinion of her should change with this now a part of his memories. I dont expect him to hate her, but this should make him look at her differently and this doesnt even account for what she did in Blue when she kidnapped and tried to force him to be with her against his will
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-15-2019 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He actually hated Emma and wanted her to pay for what she did to him. He went into a depression and was publicly hated and he blamed her for his suffering bc she didnt reach out to him and explain things

I think Scott's opinion of her should change with this now a part of his memories. I dont expect him to hate her, but this should make him look at her differently and this doesnt even account for what she did in Blue when she kidnapped and tried to force him to be with her against his will
    Those first panels are from Champions I think based on the uniform. I don't remember this at all. I must have blanked out the issue. Waid has that effect on me sometimes.

I haven't read much of the 2017 stuff since it came out. I forgot how hard Marvel doubled down on the anti-Scott and anti-Emma narrative. Given the Scott we're seeing in Uncanny, they seems to be forcing this narrative even further. It used to be coming out of everyone else's mouth. Now it's coming out of Scott's too. Yeah, this doesn't bode well for how Emma will be treated when she shows up.

The X-Men do not deserve her. Going back with them feels like a throwback to her.

Those first panels are from Champions I think based on the uniform. I don't remember this at all. I must have blanked out the issue. Waid has that effect on me sometimes.

I haven't read much of the 2017 stuff since it came out. I forgot how hard Marvel doubled down on the anti-Scott and anti-Emma narrative. Given the Scott we're seeing in Uncanny, they seems to be forcing this narrative even further. It used to be coming out of everyone else's mouth. Now it's coming out of Scott's too. Yeah, this doesn't bode well for how Emma will be treated when she shows up.
    That's Mark Bagley art from All-New X-Men. Champions was all Humberto Ramos and didn't tackle any X-plots going on with Cyclops.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

No it was All New X-men and IvX #5

BANNED

crossing my fingers and toes Williams isn't writing more of her

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    crossing my fingers and toes Williams isn't writing more of her
    Why? Just because she had to use that stupid retcon doesn't mean she isn't one of the best writers for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No it was All New X-men and IvX #5
    Those panels are hilariously stupid. This is exactly why no one actually liked Tyke. All of the melodrama and angst over something he saw with his own blast firing eyes wasn't true.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    doesn't mean she isn't one of the best writers for her.
    I don't see how at all besides her twitter rants

I just really wasn't a fan of her two X-Men oneshots so far and hope she isn't the next writer to get a big push while other writers/new talent fall on the wayside

I would like to see her to continue to rule the Hellfire Club as the Black King and bring back her own Hellions again. Leave her an an antagonist, but not a direct villian.

Those panels are hilariously stupid. This is exactly why no one actually liked Tyke. All of the melodrama and angst over something he saw with his own blast firing eyes wasn't true.
    Yeah, agreed - those panels are also a prime example of why Tyke and his memories should be forgotten as quickly as possible. Just because Marvel made Tyke spew their bogus narrative doesn't make it any truer.

LOL...i is ridiculous that he would claim that she ruined his life as if at 17/18 years old, he had nothing left to live for bc of Emma

Emma should be the sugar mommy of Scott in the shadows financing the X-men with the dirty money of the Hellfire Club.

And if Scott behaves well, a couple of millions to buy something nice.

I agree. I think that's very clear in the text pretty much from the start and it's been consistent all the way through since Morrison. I've actually found it to be one of the compelling aspects of her character, that she so clearly recognizes that what she wants, she can never have, not because she can't possess it, but because she believes she isn't worthy of it. Makes some sense why she and Scott understood each other.

I don't agree on power levels though. An order of magnitude could be considered 10X Emma's strength. I don't buy that for a second.

As for Emma moving away from chasing Jean's shadow, I guess we'll just have to see. She's pretty much lost everything in the last five years or so and to top it off, Jean is back. Does that make it better or worse?
    Emma gonna be pissed if Scott rejects her because he want to get back to Jean