Page 14 of 75 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    He had a CAT scan which revealed no damage, but he's been held out last night and tonight.
    Good, and probably a wise decision. That's the only scary thing about MLB.

Ah, the Angels, if only they had pitching...

I mean, with their hitters and fielding, (their shortstop is probably the best defensive shortstop currently in the game and one of the best I've seen), if the rest of their pitchers were half as good as Ohtani, they'd at least contend in the West, but as is, even Trout, Ohtani, and Rendon can't dig them out of the hole their pitching constantly puts them in.

As anyone noticed how blatant the use of Pine Tar is this season after the MLB said they were going to crack down? I mean in the Reds game Kembrel was touching the bill of his hat before every pitch. Funny how the Cubs have blue hates but the bill was a funny shade of brown.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Welcome to the majors pitcher who drew the short straw of the Dodgers for his MLB debut! I imagine there are worse things to do in you major league debut, but....offhand...can't think of 'em. And the D-Backs helped a guy score a third date...kind of funny.
    Last edited by achilles; 05-03-2021 at 02:33 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    As anyone noticed how blatant the use of Pine Tar is this season after the MLB said they were going to crack down? I mean in the Reds game Kembrel was touching the bill of his hat before every pitch. Funny how the Cubs have blue hates but the bill was a funny shade of brown.
    Funny you should mention that. For as long as I've been a fan of baseball, I've never understood why players slather the front of their batting helmets with the stuff. Looks hideous.

Meanwhile, Shohei Otani of the Angels has been scratched from his start tonight against Toronto because of a balky elbow.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Funny you should mention that. For as long as I've been a fan of baseball, I've never understood why players slather the front of their batting helmets with the stuff. Looks hideous.

Meanwhile, Shohei Otani of the Angels has been scratched from his start tonight against Toronto because of a balky elbow.
    Yeah, he got hit on the elbow pad by a pitch. Seemed fine, didn't leave the game, stole second...

Probably pretty mild.

Roberto Alomar has now resigned from the Hall of Fame board as well.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member

https://www.yahoo.com/news/angels-th...001936966.html

The above article has some interesting information about the Angel's defense, (spoiler---it sucks), but also has some worrying information for the Padres. In their battle with the Dodgers, (and apparently the Giants of all teams), the Padres are as bad as the Angels, tying for the worst defense in the majors. And the both give up a lot of unearned runs, so those errors are hurting them.

Speaking of the Dodgers...their WS repeat might be over right now. They lost Dustin May for the year, (possibly two), to TJ. He threw his slowest ball of the year, was in apparent pain, and left his game, (I think they won, but who cares). Problem is...the guys they wanted to replace him with....are also injured. So they're going with an old guy and a rookie. Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Roberto Alomar has now resigned from the Hall of Fame board as well.
    Dang, he's one of my all-time favorites ... sad.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Braves pitcher Huascar Ynoa in his last two starts has gone 12.1 innings, allowed no earned runs, hit two home runs with five RBI, his home run tonight was a 430 foot grand slam

Extraordinary Member

Congrats to Orioles' pitcher John Means, for tossing a no-hitter last night against the Mariners in a 6-0 victory. He struck out 12 and walked...no one. He faced the minimum possible batters after his only blemish, a wild pitch striking out a guy.

https://sports.yahoo.com/orioles-pit...220622488.html
    Last edited by achilles; 05-06-2021 at 05:14 AM.

crazy thing is if his catcher didn't drop a strike 3 it would have been a perfect game

Reports are surfacing that the Angels plan to cut Albert Pujols today.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Extraordinary Member

The Angels have released Albert Pujols effective immediately. Have to admit, I didn't see that one coming, since he's hitting better than most of the team. And his defense was...okay. Don't see why they didn't wait his contract out.

Edit: Ah, you got it first.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    The Angels have released Albert Pujols effective immediately. Have to admit, I didn't see that one coming, since he's hitting better than most of the team. And his defense was...okay. Don't see why they didn't wait his contract out.

Edit: Ah, you got it first.

I saw that they actually DFA'd him a few minutes after I posted about the reports I saw. so it's official now. I wonder if another AL team will take a flyer on him for his power potential (he has 5 HR already this season) as a DH or bench player or if he even wants to sign with another team. I doubt an NL team will bite though.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    I saw that they actually DFA'd him a few minutes after I posted about the reports I saw. so it's official now. I wonder if another AL team will take a flyer on him for his power potential (he has 5 HR already this season) as a DH or bench player or if he even wants to sign with another team. I doubt an NL team will bite though.

-M
    It was weird IMO; he's still got it, and the Angels don't have so much they can afford to just give it away. I can see other teams being interested.