Page 145 of 827 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245645 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 12392

I mean ****, just imagine how normalized this stuff must be that some lil white dude walks up to huge ass Terry Crews and grabs his balls at a public party because he wants to.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    True.

The funny thing is (to me anyway)there's 50/50 chance of her really not knowing.

Given how insular most big stars make themselves in the first place and her not really being an R&B act at all, and knowing or caring about R. Kelly's issues has been a brother thing for a bit.

She might have very well just said something like "Get me the 'Bump and Grind' guy to collab with" (I know she said she'd been a fan of Kelly's for a long time but, c'mon...that's what they ALWAYS say).

Now her backup band could have clued her at any time....assuming they even speak to her.
    She has done several collaborations with plenty R&B/Hip Hop artist in the early part of her career.

She has worked with Beyonce who is married to Jay-Z who once had a ill-fated partnership with R. Kelly who had a ill-fated romance with an under-aged Aaliyah who Jay-Z may have been more than friends with, too.

All those folks are connected.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I sometimes wonder if they go through so much **** coming up through the ranks that all this pedo rapey assaulting stuff is just "normal" to them

I mean ****, just imagine how normalized this stuff must be that some lil white dude walks up to huge ass Terry Crews and grabs his balls at a public party because he wants to.
    I have heard plenty crazy stories. The reason some artists' careers tank is because they refused to engage in the seedier side of Hollywood. That is what made those Charlie Murphy true Hollywood tales so captivating. A lot of celebrities get turned out early in their careers, and turn into full blown monsters after a decade, or so.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    It looks like that Toure may the next in line to get exposed for harassment.

Honestly, I never liked him. If the allegations are true, then he truly is a hypocritical piece of trash.
    There's a whole...I don't know the right word for it...cadre of dudes that REALLY BOUGHT INTO that whole "talk to all women that you want to $%^& like they are ho's that you have already @#$%ed" and they took that
    mindset into the workplace for some insane reason.

His apology to that woman is pretty wild "Hey, I thought you knew where I was coming from". WTF? Dude pretty much asked for Anal instead of saying hello, according to her.

It's worse that the dude covers the Music Industry so he's around or reporting on dudes who might be able to get away with that **** and he probably sees no reason why he can't too. He's talent too, dammit.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    There's a whole...I don't know the right word for it...cadre of dudes that REALLY BOUGHT INTO that whole "talk to all women that you want to $%^& like they are ho's that you have already @#$%ed" and they took that
    mindset into the workplace for some insane reason.

His apology to that woman is pretty wild "Hey, I thought you knew where I was coming from". WTF? Dude pretty much asked for Anal instead of saying hello, according to her.

It's worse that the dude covers the Music Industry so he's around or reporting on dudes who might be able to get away with that **** and he probably sees no reason why he can't too. He's talent too, dammit.
    Everyone can't be Rick James when it comes to interacting with women. Even Rick James went too far.

What make Toure so disgusting has been how judgmental he's been to other celebrities. He always seemed hella sanctimonious to me. He was never shy to criticize the behavior of others in a public forum. So to find out he was acting a damn fool in a work environment no less, is funny to me.

It looks like that Toure may the next in line to get exposed for harassment.

Honestly, I never liked him. If the allegations are true, then he truly is a hypocrite of the worst kind.
    Damn, hadn't heard that. I mean I really was a huge fan, or nothin', ain't like he raps I guess. Even though he kinda comes off assholehish I respected his work. His Death Row stories are great. I still have all my VIBE magazines from back in the day. Nobody else pushed Kelly into the underage corner to his face like he did so. Crazy times.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

Now, I'm giving John Legend the side eye.

Yet, he will give tribute to Elvis, you know, another guy who had a thing for teen girls.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...ambert-legend/
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 01-11-2019 at 11:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member

This might sound crazy, but I can see the world through Batman's eyes.

Bear with me.

Jason Todd asked Bruce not to kill the other rogues, just the Joker, because of what he did to him.

Bats was like, naw son, if I kill Joker, I gotta kill everybody. If I start with Joker, I won't stop with Joker. Everybody gotta go, not to Arkham, but the morgue.

Batman knows to stay in his lane.

You can't make one splash with one predator, and call it a day. You gotta get them all.

I understand Frank Castle. You do wrong, he's coming after you. Perhaps Dexter Morgan is a better example.

You can't selectively flex the moral outrage option.

Ain't no such thing as half-way crooks....ain't no such thing as half-way moral outrage.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 01-11-2019 at 11:43 AM.

Extraordinary Member

My cynicism is at an all-time high because it seems media outlets & celebrities are being awfully selective with the predators they wanna throw stones at.

Extraordinary Member

Bear with me.

Jason Todd asked Bruce not to kill the other rogues, just the Joker, because of what he did to him.

Bats was like, naw son, if I kill Joker, I gotta kill everybody. If I start with Joker, I won't stop with Joker. Everybody gotta go, not to Arkham, but the morgue.

You can't make one splash with one predator, and call it a day. You gotta get them all.

I understand Frank Castle. You do wrong, he's coming after you. Perhaps Dexter Morgan is a better example.

Ain't no such thing as half-way crooks....ain't no such thing as half-way moral outrage.
    Ya gotta start somewhere.

If its either everybody or nobody peeps will just tend to drift into nobody since that way they don't have do ****.

And Batman's nuts.

If he'd done nothing with his career other than offing the Joker that is still at least that 5-6 murders a year that he'd of stopped (since Joker's Arkham escape and freedom related carnage are regular as clockwork even in story).

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

This R Kelly **** is frustrating to the point of those Edge Lord philosophy majors in their stupid all black outfits and piercings, constantly complaining that morality doesn't mean anything and people are mindless sheep who don't deserve the freedom to choose their own path because they'll just select the most destructive option that brings them the greatest pleasure at great cost to the good of society--even those guys are starting to look like they have a point. Why do people suck so much? Why won't people just think beyond what THEY like and try to empathize with someone elses' suffering? Are we all just a bunch of stupid animals incapable of delaying our gratification and are we possessed of such weak identities that we can't help but feel attacked whenever one of our false idols is exposed? What is the DEAL with humanity?
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Bear with me.

I don't really buy that.

If you kill one person it doesn't mean your going to become a mass murder. Killing doesn't isn't exactly a addiction. Heroes like Green Arrow have killed on occasions but generally avoid using lethal force.

A lot of Batman villains are mentally ill so him killing them would be morally questionable as they aren't totally in control of their actions.

What really divides the Punisher from superheroes is that he doesn't believe people can be reformed and has no faith in the justice system to properly deal with criminals which is why he kills them. Most superheroes despite being vigilantes believe in the justice system to deal with criminals.

I don't think Batman should set out to kill the Joker but it does get a bit silly when he saves the Joker's life and Bruce should really invest in creating a prison that can actually hold the Joker. At a certain point your just enabling a mass murder.
    Last edited by chamber-music; 01-11-2019 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I don't really buy that.

If you kill one person it doesn't mean your going to become a mass murder. Killing doesn't isn't exactly a addiction. Heroes like Green Arrow have killed on occasions but generally avoid using lethal force.

A lot of Batman villains are mentally ill so him killing them would be morally questionable as they aren't totally in control of their actions.

What really divides the Punisher from superheroes is that he doesn't believe people can be reformed and has no faith in the justice system to properly deal with criminals which is why he kills them. Most superheroes despite being vigilantes believe in the justice system to deal with criminals.
    Punisher's super power is also never being wrong (or it is very rare).

I'd be all for Punisher style justice if it was 100% correct like he is lol. Especially since they rarely ever have him kill non violent criminals anymore.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I think just about everyone in the entertainment business is sick in the head.

They take "feet of clay" to the extreme.
    Well, damn. That's an extreme take. "Entertainment" covers a wide range of people.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I don't really buy that.

Don’t forget Wonder Woman, three out of the seven Earth Green Lanterns, Aquaman, Huntress, and oh yeah, Superman.

Very few, if any Batman villains are actually mentally ill once you look at them carefully. They’re simply viewed as mentally ill because they keep getting sent back to Arkham which is an iconic piece of the Batman franchise.

You get the feeling that the writers actually agree with the Punisher on some level given how inept the justice system is at the dealing with criminals and how often criminals end up backsliding.

Punisher's super power is also never being wrong (or it is very rare).
    That's a super power pretty much every superhero has. Remember that time they said the Hulk had never killed anyone in his rampages?