Page 168 of 211 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 3162

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    By Jake-Meraga

Attachment 60432

Cass here seems to be drowning her sorrows over being stuck in 'Tec. For her sake, I hope NuCass isn't a lightweight like classic Cass was.
    I'm sure it's just milk/orange juice .

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    Psu outdoes themselves with this one. EDIT: And I see I was beaten to the punch with the link on the next page.

Attachment 60369
    I saw this image previously, maybe in deviantart.... Sorry Assam, I forgot put the image here..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyLookingSort View Post
    I think it would be a fun aspect to explore. Drunken Master Cass would make a hilarious scene
    Oh I would love to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm sure it's just milk/orange juice .
    You're thinking of that scene from BatO aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I saw this image previously, maybe in deviantart.... Sorry Assam, I forgot put the image here..
    I posted the image here the same day is came out. Plus, even if no one had, there's no reason to be "sorry".

Oh I would love to see that.
    Honestly, I was just picturing this old, grizzled, hard-drinking Cass in a mentor role...
    You're thinking of that scene from BatO aren't you?
    I was more thinking of an anime, but let's go with that .

BANNED

Honestly, I was just picturing this old, grizzled, hard-drinking Cass in a mentor role.
    I'm imagining something along the lines of a more laconic old Toph.

I was more thinking of an anime, but let's go with that .
    Now I'm curious. Which?

I'm imagining something along the lines of a more laconic old Toph.
    I could see that too .
    Now I'm curious. Which?
    Off the top of my head, Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse.

Astonishing Member

So I'm finally reading the Rebirth Detective Comics. Lots of fun. Read the first two trades (Rise of the Batmen and the Victim Syndicate alas she wasn't too much in that second arc was she?)

Loved seeing Cass and her smirk after beating the tar out of those what dozen Colony soldiers? Really cute.

Or the nice note that Bruce's communication device for Cass was a simple double tap since she doesn't talk very much.

Same for the scene where Tim and Steph were together and Cass was just kind of sitting on the windowsill coming in. I thought it was hilarious that Cass unlike the others really doesn't want time away from the others to relax. She loves being around others. And yes I've grown accustomed to her seeming like a lost cat or puppy who just goes to whoever's place, usually Steph's.

And of course the funny bit where Silencer tries "silencing" Cass. And I think it was Kate just laughing about the whole thing saying something like "Yeah. Nice try but she already doesn't talk much."

BANNED

Cass continued to be the best in 'Tec today so no real surprise there.

One big negative I've thought of (and think I've brought up) before to what's going on in that book is that if Basil does really die in two weeks, rather than him ending up a civilian supporting character or sympathetic villain as I've suggested? The last year will have basically been pointless for Cass. She'll have a vendetta against Kate and yet another thing to be sad about. That's it. I love Cass and Basil's relationship and it's consistently been the best part of the book, but if this was always going to be a short term thing (which it shouldn't be), then why not use that time to build up Cass's old relationships, ones with characters who are actually going to be around. Tim and Steph may have been gone (and written as they are, I'm not sure if I want Cass interacting with them) but both Bruce and JPV were around the whole time.

Just...really disappointed.

Batgirl selfie:

Attachment 60580

Cass continued to be the best in 'Tec today so no real surprise there.

One big negative I've thought of (and think I've brought up) before to what's going on in that book is that if Basil does really die in two weeks, rather than him ending up a civilian supporting character or sympathetic villain as I've suggested? The last year will have basically been pointless for Cass. She'll have a vendetta against Kate and yet another thing to be sad about. That's it. I love Cass and Basil's relationship and it's consistently been the best part of the book, but if this was always going to be a short term thing (which it shouldn't be), then why not use that time to build up Cass's old relationships, ones with characters who are actually going to be around. Tim and Steph may have been gone (and written as they are, I'm not sure if I want Cass interacting with them) but both Bruce and JPV were around the whole time.

Just...really disappointed.
    Don't be. She'll take what Basil taught her to heart. She'll continue looking at Shakespeare. She still has Christine. I wouldn't say a vendetta against Kate. But killing Basil will piss off Bruce as well. He was close to getting a breakthrough with Basil. He actually was turning one of his Rogues then Kate kills him. That's gonna leave a mark on Bruce too along with Cass. Then add the Tim factor and he'll be terrified as hell of his future more so. But I believe in hope. All wil be well.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

BANNED

Don't be. She'll take what Basil taught her to heart. She'll continue looking at Shakespeare. She still has Christine. I wouldn't say a vendetta against Kate. But killing Basil will piss off Bruce as well. He was close to getting a breakthrough with Basil. He actually was turning one of his Rogues then Kate kills him. That's gonna leave a mark on Bruce too along with Cass. Then add the Tim factor and he'll be terrified as hell of his future more so. But I believe in hope. All wil be well.
    You raise good points (as usual) and I once again hope you're right.

Sorry if it's annoying how much of a downer I can be sometimes. Depression and all.

You raise good points (as usual) and I once again hope you're right.

Sorry if it's annoying how much of a downer I can be sometimes. Depression and all.
    It's perfectly understandable given you're a Cassandra Cain fan. History hasn't been kind to her or her fans. AT ALL. But I look at it as maybe just maybe DC learned a bit from OYL and Vol. 2. Hopefully. I carry that blue ring and hope they have learned.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Clayface being the one that Kate will probably kill hurt me so bad, because both have been characters that Cass has to come to love (Clay) and respect (Kate), so it would be like a double penalty for her to lose both that way... on the other hand, if D.C. had a clue about how to write a solo for her again, it would be the perfect starting point, because of the vast possibilities it offers for her to develop even more.
    Bah, who am I kidding ?

BANNED

It's perfectly understandable given you're a Cassandra Cain fan. History hasn't been kind to her or her fans. AT ALL. But I look at it as maybe just maybe DC learned a bit from OYL and Vol. 2. Hopefully. I carry that blue ring and hope they have learned.
    I've been optimistic, mostly based off Tynion's comments, both to myself and in interviews and some other encouraging factors. But since Batman Annual #2 and King's reveal that there's a "reason" why Cass isn't appearing in any future BatFamiles, I've basically gone to a mindset of 'oh God Tynion please don't let them kill her, turn her evil, ship her off or erase her again.'

Also, I like to think that like Cass, I'd carry an indigo ring...if that corps wasn't so weird I mean.

I've been optimistic, mostly based off Tynion's comments, both to myself and in interviews and some other encouraging factors. But since Batman Annual #2 and King's reveal that there's a "reason" why Cass isn't appearing in any future BatFamiles, I've basically gone to a mindset of 'oh God Tynion please don't let them kill her, turn her evil, ship her off or erase her again.'

Also, I like to think that like Cass, I'd carry an indigo ring...if that corps wasn't so weird I mean.
    To be fair, given the family that's assembled. Cass isn't the only one missing in that group shot. Kate is M.I.A. too (Helena is using her costume. So where's Kate?). So is Luke Fox and Helena. Stephanie's there only by "association" with Tim (same with Barbara to Dick) which I think is even a fate worse. That Stephanie is simply now classified as "love interest" to Tim only. Also where's Gotham Girl? Didn't King tell us back at the start of his run that Bruce was going to die and that Duke would marry Gotham Girl? So--- what happened to that? Why wasn't she there?

Really, the only two close females present in that room are Selina, Carrie Kelly, and Helena his daughter. That's it. The rest are associated with their respective Robins. Which shipping wise is nice, but deep down I just find it meh.

Then there's the future Tynion has set. Tim goes evil with the first step Kate betraying the family by rejoining the Colony (and obviously) doing something to Basil. The other notch is Jon's powers which turned into a sacrifice for him. But let's look at that future. Stephanie (having just missed Tim after she visited Lonnie who isn't so lucky and is murdered by Tomorrow Tim) and Jason are still around. Where's Cass? Now in the original Tomorrow timeline Cass was murdered by Duela Dent (along with Alfred and a ton of innocents). It was what set Tim off completely. So, there's a possiblity that this is the same as well. We haven't seen this Tomorrow Tim meet Cassandra, other than ironically she was the one who told the team to make the stand in protecting Kate from the Brother Eye program. This one we also has ties to 666 universe as it is alluded to Damian was Batman prior to Tim and the events from 666 comics were something Tomorrow Tim had to clean up.

Then there's the New Order future via the Nightwing mini. Sure this is more an elseworlds or Dark multiverse story. But there are very similar themes again being shown. Kate betrays the family and again is working for the Colony. Dick is the one who adopts a more fantatical approuch (due to the death of someone close to him). Tim/Stephanie are happily retired and married.

But wait there's another future! The Beyond Universe. Where we know about Tim, Dick, and Damian but now are getting hints of Duke existing along with more than one Batgirl.

But as a wise Jedi Master once said, "Always in motion is the future." So the question is which future is being forged for these characters as of right now? Are any of these futures' set? Will there be a curve ball?
    Last edited by Blight; 01-11-2018 at 04:11 PM.