Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Leah Lewis is going to play Cass as Batgirl in the new Batwheels cartoon coming to HBOMax.

Leah Lewis (Nancy Drew) as Cassandra Cain/Batgirl — The first Asian-American Batgirl as first introduced in the comics. In Batwheels, Cassandra is the “big sister”, tech-savvy daredevil of the Bat-Family. She loves ripping around the streets of Gotham City on her motorcycle and always wants to be in the center of the action. Lewis is represented by Commercial Talent Agency, Paradigm, Strong Management, Morris, Yorn, Barnes, Levine, Krintzman, Rubenstein, Kohner & Gellman.

Extraordinary Member

Out this week:

BATMAN: URBAN LEGENDS #7
    Story by JACKSON LANZING, COLLIN KELLY, and others
    Pencils and inks by MAX DUNBAR and others
    Cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
    $7.99 US | 64 PAGES | PRESTIGE FORMAT
    Variant covers by
    HICHAM HABCHI and CHRIS BURNHAM
    $7.99 US (Card Stock)
    ON SALE 9/14/21

The legend of Batman only begins with Bruce Wayne! For centuries to come different people will take up the mantle of Batman and defend the times they're living in from all forms of villainy. See four of the finest Bats the future may offer!
    • In Neo-Gotham, Bruce Wayne lies murdered in the Batcave. Terry McGinnis—Bruce Wayne's final protégé—will travel into the dark heart of Neo-Gotham to find who killed the greatest hero the city ever knew.
    • In Future State, Cassandra Cain just wants a moment to enjoy a hot meal but the Magistrate's pursuit of her is relentless!
    • In a blasted future, the Dark Knight stands alone against a murderous gang threatening his ruined city…and their mysterious leader will be a shocker!
    • In the 853rd century, Batman One Million is a warden that must contain the galaxy's criminals, but today there's a breakout on Pluto.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Leah Lewis is going to play Cass as Batgirl in the new Batwheels cartoon coming to HBOMax.

Leah Lewis (Nancy Drew) as Cassandra Cain/Batgirl — The first Asian-American Batgirl as first introduced in the comics. In Batwheels, Cassandra is the “big sister”, tech-savvy daredevil of the Bat-Family. She loves ripping around the streets of Gotham City on her motorcycle and always wants to be in the center of the action. Lewis is represented by Commercial Talent Agency, Paradigm, Strong Management, Morris, Yorn, Barnes, Levine, Krintzman, Rubenstein, Kohner & Gellman.
    Yay! We got Cass as Batgirl in a show!

Boo! This sounds nothing like Cass in the comics.

DC really seems to believe that the only thing to their characters is a name and everything else about them is interchangeable.

One half of me: Yaaaaay! More Cass outside of comics!
    The other half of me: Boooo! Cass in the NASCAR version of the Burnside suit!

Yeah, motorcyclist in a purple and yellow costume? That's totally a race-lifted Babs.

Also, Robin there is Duke Thomas. He's not an official Robin in the comics and thus seems to be a racelifted Tim Drake here.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I don't know how to feel. I'm happy Cassandra as Batgirl appears in an animation.

On the other hand, I've read her profile where it is said that Cassandra is the "big sister", tech-savy darevil of the Batfamily.

It's clear they don't want Cassandra from the comics, they only want the race.

I get the sense they wanted archetypal versions of Robin and Batgirl and went with the more diverse legacy versions without bothering to change the characterization or designs to match the fact that it's not the traditional versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    It's clear they don't want Cassandra from the comics, they only want the race.
    That's pretty much the reason. We got ourselves a composite Batgirl. Cass' face, Barbara's costume, and...I guess Steph's personality. I'll take it over what the DCEU did to her but it's still kinda disappointing.

Extraordinary Member

The target demographic for this show is preschool-aged children, we weren't getting anything comic accurate here folks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    The target demographic for this show is preschool-aged children, we weren't getting anything comic accurate here folks.
    True. Cassandra's backstory isn't kid-friendly, so they would need to change this a lot to include Cassandra in a preschool-aged children cartoon.

I guess this is still good promotion for Cassandra. So, I hope for the best.

Extraordinary Member

Batman meets the animated movie(s) "Cars"?

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    True. Cassandra's backstory isn't kid-friendly, so they would need to change this a lot to include Cassandra in a preschool-aged children cartoon.

I guess this is still good promotion for Cassandra. So, I hope for the best.
    I get it, but I'd rather they have just used Babs than Cass in-name-only.

Extraordinary Member

I get the sense they wanted archetypal versions of Robin and Batgirl and went with the more diverse legacy versions without bothering to change the characterization or designs to match the fact that it's not the traditional versions.
    So would Duke even be used if they did if batgirl wasn’t Asians ?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Batman meets the animated movie(s) "Cars"?
    I mean, it's not a bad pitch for a show targeting preschoolers.