Page 614 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1145145646046106116126136146156166176186246647141114 ... LastLast
Results 9,196 to 9,210 of 20948

It’s ironic that Johns had such a huge role in revitalizing Aquaman and pushing Cyborg as a founder of the League and now the actors who portrayed those characters are on the opposite side of this feud. So much of the Aquaman movie was inspired by Johns New 52 run and Throne of Atlantis.

I haven’t agreed with all of his decisions but to me Johns has always seemed like a fairly nice guy. That could obviously be a facade and he could indeed be a complete asshole.

I still think he’s too valuable to WB and they’ll protect him. His story ideas and character updates have been the basis for Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Shazam, and Black Adam just to name a few. Not to mention the tv adaptations.

I’m morbidly curious to see how this craziness plays out.
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-08-2020 at 01:31 AM.

I currently try to stay away from many things DC-related since I often get frustrated about it and I don't need this kind of negativity anymore but once I started seeing those headlines everywhere I had to look it up. Well gotdamn.

Once Fisher brought Walter Hamada into this, the whole thing escalated way beyond just Geoff Johns or Joss Whedon. He's clearly going after WB's alleged attempts to protect people they see as valuable to them and the overall systemic issues of movie studios covering up alleged misconduct to avoid bad publicity. Not gonna lie, there's something admirable about this one-man army thing Fisher is doing, and now with Momoa's support he has more credibility(particularly if Momoa is willing to cooperate with the ongoing investigation rather than just throwing public support at his friend for good optics) and WB can't just keep releasing blanket statements about it.

On one hand it's incredibly disappointing if all of it is true since Geoff Johns basically introduced me to the wider DCU that I wasn't familiar with and he already was demoted after JL crashed and burned, but stuff like this should never go unpunished. If you abuse your power to belittle, intimidate or threaten people's livelihood, you're a piece of shit and need to face the professional and personal consequences for it. I don't really think this will go to court though, I saw one of Fisher's videos where he flat out says that if WB wants to take him to court so they can make some judge put a gag order on him to shut him up, that's not going to work, right after his comments about WB's statement that if they can't buy or bully you, they'll try to defame you. This doesn't appear to be him wanting to put people in jail or get them blackballed from the industry, it's more about fighting systemic issues in the industry and encourage other people fearful of their careers to speak more freely about it.

The bad news is this whole thing has pretty much taken away DC fans' excitement for Fandome, to which I'm certain Fisher's timing wasn't coincidental. The good news is it's a cause worth fighting for and if you don't get noticed by going through the proper channels, you have no choice but to invoke public support and that's exactly what Fisher did. That's Hollywood for ya.

Why is there so much drama behind closed doors at DC/WB! Honestly all of this started when they greenlighted the Snyder Cut! I just want to move on form the Snyder era films! We’re finally getting good films and then this happens

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Well I’m now hearing that Johns caused BTS problems for Aquaman (and has generally been causing problems since MoS), so that might explain it
    All I've heard about Johns is that he pushes his ideas above all else
    He got the power and wants to see his stuff on the big screen
    Its when he does stuff like what Ray Fisher is claiming that makes me not want to see him involved in DC productions going forward
    The bad thing is that the snyder cut fans will definitely not let this go with him and it is a big distraction

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I'm not sure it will place Gadot (or Jenkins) in an awkward position, apart from things being a dumpster fire around the rest of WB. Sure, Johns has a writing credit on WW84, but how much that means is anybody's guess. And no-one involved has said anything about Johns's writing skills. Gadot is doing the smart thing right now and says nothing, and Johns has been effectively invisible in the marketing of Wonder Woman 1984 (which really isn't surprising).

The one that really is in an awkward position, outside of Johns, is Walter Hamada.

When it comes to Momoa—well, first his Instagram handle and name of his production company really grates and lowers my opinion of him. But all he says is that he believes Fisher's story. If this is because he is friend with Fisher and trusts him, or that Fisher talked with him about this during the JL production, or that he saw Johns (or Berg or Whedon) being abusive towards Fisher, or if Momoa himself ran into trouble with them is anyone's guess. But given the phrasing, I lean towards the first two options.
    Very good points.

And i noticed the bolded as well. I don't think he's of Romani descent, is he?

Well I’m now hearing that Johns caused BTS problems for Aquaman (and has generally been causing problems since MoS), so that might explain it
    Anything specific?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Anything specific?
    Just insinuations that Nolan advises Snyder to bar Johns from the set of MOS, that Ayer and Yan did bar him and he drove Affleck off

Usually by the same people who insist he leaked BvS’ plot to Marvel, so... reliability not guaranteed
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 09-08-2020 at 08:25 AM.

Just insinuations that Nolan advises Snyder to bar Johns from the set of MOS, that Ayer and Yan did bar him and he drove Affleck off

Usually by the same people who insist he leaked BvS’ plot to Marvel, so... reliability not guaranteed
    Yeah, that...doesn't seem like it happened.

I know Ayer had a problem with him adding Harley's involvement in Robin's death but not to the extent of barring him from the set. Would Johns have been in a position to be involved with MoS? I don't think he and Nolan have ever really been in the same circle for that to matter.

This will all make a very interesting book to read in 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Very good points.

And i noticed the bolded as well. I don't think he's of Romani descent, is he?
    If Wikipedia is to believed, no. And given that the word "gypsy" as defined as only "a nomadic or free spirited person" on the company web page, I have the impression that Momoa hasn't considered the implications of the word at all.

Racism and prejudices, they are complicated.

Anyway, I doubt Fisher is planning any of his timings in order to "get" WB, or even to force Johns out of WB. I think it's much more likely that his recent videos and tweets were because WB sent out their statement last Friday. If anyone is under a deadline here, it's WB, not Fisher.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

So all bullshit essentially. When the hell did Johns and Nolan even interact? Those same people will act like Nolan 100% endorsed Snyder’s creative choices when Nolan told Snyder Superman killing was a bad idea, and then he dropped out after MoS. Those are just Snyder fanboys with an axe to grind. They have no real inkling of what goes on behind the scenes, hence their bizarre conspiracy theories that Kevin Feige was just dying to steal plot points from Snyder, a guy who couldn’t get the first Batman/Superman movie to make a billion.
    Last edited by Vordan; 09-08-2020 at 11:08 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So all bullshit essentially. When the hell did Johns and Nolan even interact? Those same people will act like Nolan 100% endorsed Snyder’s creative choices when Nolan told Snyder Superman killing was a bad idea, and then he dropped out after MoS. Those are just Snyder fanboys with an axe to grind. They have no real inkling of what goes on behind the scenes, hence their bizarre conspiracy theories that Kevin Feige was just dying to steal plot points from Snyder, a guy who couldn’t get the first Batman/Superman movie to make a billion.
    Lol did they really say that?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Lol did they really say that?
    Their logic is that Endgame uses time travel to resolve everything and Snyder was going to use time travel too, and since Snyder is a brilliant visionary who came up with the idea of time traveling to undo past mistakes, Feige must have stolen the idea once Johns passed along the JL 2 and 3 scripts (which were never written). Never mind that Snyder and WB clearly chose Darkseid because Marvel was using Thanos, so if anyone was ripping the other off it was Snyder and WB.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Existing fanbase? They are mostly fans of superdad kinda portrayal where the guy is a savior, acts like your dad, shoves morality lessons... Etc.
    Not really, no.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Not really, no.
    Yeah! Superdad is very much accepted outside this forum and maybe even in this forum as well, as the superman .
    Hey! If you are right. I gain some interesting content with superman, that would just be enjoyed by rest of the fanbase. If you're wrong. Then i would just be stuck with a superman i don't particularly enjoy and rest of the fanbase might enjoy . So, i hope i am wrong and you are right.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-08-2020 at 12:23 PM.