Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

To start with, he made a deal with the devil (literally) where he got his marriage retroactively annulled in exchange for his Aunt's life being spared. Then Doc Ock possessed him for a while, during which time he got his degree and founded Parker Industries. These days, Peter Parker is beating Tony Stark at his own game, while Ultimate Spider-Man (who isn't Peter Parker) is doing the “friendly neighborhood spider-man” thing.

Oh, and MJ Watson has taken a job as Tony Stark's personal assistant and has recently suited up as the Iron Spider (not sure about the name; but it's the suit Peter wore leading up to the Civil War story arc).

I've seen rumors that the alternate “Renew Your Vows” Peter Parker from the recent Secret Wars event will be showing up again.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 07-22-2016 at 04:37 PM.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

BANNED

Why would the devil care about some dudes marriage?

Quote Originally Posted by Lhynn View Post
    Why would the devil care about some dudes marriage?
    Because the editor in chief hated said marriage .

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I mean, it was retconned in that it was actually Mary Jane that made the deal with Mephisto because Peter never would.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

I can see the Beyond Tim toasting but NO WAY IN HELL will Dan Didio ever allow HIS Tim to be offed.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Peter Parker is still dead to me after One More Day, Parker Industries etc, so I kind of wish he had just died in the 90s as well. And that Ultimate SpiderMan was the only Peter Parker comics since then.
    Yep. I stopped reading Spidey books after OMD. Horrible, HORRIBLE story. I liked Ultimate Spider-Man better. And Miles is cool too
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

If Dan is such a fan of him, then why has tim been so poorly written and taken into increasingly stupid directions. And why has he been the one that took new 52 the worst?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lhynn View Post
    If Dan is such a fan of him, then why has tim been so poorly written and taken into increasingly stupid directions. And why has he been the one that took new 52 the worst?
    Yeah, I believe Dan Didio saying he likes Tim Drake as much as I believe Donald Trump saying he loves Hispanics. Their actions really don't support those claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Yeah, I believe Dan Didio saying he likes Tim Drake as much as I believe Donald Trump saying he loves Hispanics. Their actions really don't support those claims.
    I'm sure Donald loves Hispanics . . . who else would do menial labor so cheaply these days?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Because the editor in chief hated said marriage .
    And because he'd seen that trying to just have MJ leave like Ina regular estrangement went over like tombstone boat with a thousand holes.

But back to Tim, if they did kill him off, it wouldn't be shocking or new or even vaguely original; he's be the fourth person to wear the moniker fo Robina ned be declared dead-dead, and the fifth if you count Dick's fake out. He'd also be the third founding member of Young Justice to do so, and inevitably he'd be the third to return on some fashion. Because honestly, there's no way they could keep Tim down permanently, not if Jason made his return.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Amazing Member

In the Batman Beyond Rebirth cover, it shows Tim Drake walking off into the wasteland. So it's probably not him, if it even is a Tim at all. However, I would bet it is the past Tim if he does die and if they want to promote synergy with Batman Beyond. You may get mad at me for even suggesting it, but in Batman Beyond they mentioned that Tim disappeared after a Teen Titans mission. This could be that.

Something else to add fuel to the rumor: There's some pencil work from I guess Batman #7 floating around:

http://67.media.tumblr.com/d2a8b0aa0...fwho7_1280.jpg

Now granted, that's just one page, but still... where's Tim?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaSandhu View Post
    In the Batman Beyond Rebirth cover, it shows Tim Drake walking off into the wasteland. So it's probably not him, if it even is a Tim at all. However, I would bet it is the past Tim if he does die and if they want to promote synergy with Batman Beyond. You may get mad at me for even suggesting it, but in Batman Beyond they mentioned that Tim disappeared after a Teen Titans mission. This could be that.
    That disappearance most likely refers to the events of Futures End, a plot that has more or less been abandoned now.

Still, there is the September solicitation for Detective Comics #940...

DETECTIVE COMICS #940

Written by JAMES TYNION IV

Art and cover by EDDY BARROWS and EBER FERREIRA

Variant cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE

Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.

“Rise Of The Batmen” part 7! This epic concludes with a battle against the Colony that will change Batman’s world forever—and in a way you’d never expect! Whether they win or lose, they’ve already lost…

On sale SEPTEMBER 14 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

BANNED

Well I have been saying Tim was likely to die for at least a year so not shocking me.

BANNED

I've decided I don't mind if main universe Tim dies. Historically, death is the best thing that can happen to to a Robin in terms of popularity. Jason is the obvious example, and after Damian died he got his first ever solo series and now he's getting more exposure than ever with the animated films and his 2 upcoming Rebirth series. After being dead for a few minutes in Forever Evil, Dick got the critically acclaimed Grayson series and now he has a highly anticipated Nightwing book, as well as Titans. Even Steph got a boost after her supposed death in War Games, she got to be the new Batgirl.

I say give Tim a badass heroic death, and resurrect him a few months later with a new solo book and a Young Justice series. And a role in the next Batman film.