Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I've decided I don't mind if main universe Tim dies. Historically, death is the best thing that can happen to to a Robin in terms of popularity. Jason is the obvious example, and after Damian died he got his first ever solo series and now he's getting more exposure than ever with the animated films and his 2 upcoming Rebirth series. After being dead for a few minutes in Forever Evil, Dick got the critically acclaimed Grayson series and now he has a highly anticipated Nightwing book, as well as Titans. Even Steph got a boost after her supposed death in War Games, she got to be the new Batgirl.

I say give Tim a badass heroic death, and resurrect him a few months later with a new solo book and a Young Justice series. And a role in the next Batman film.
    Well, those are all different scenarios. Jason was dead for decades. Damian lived and died under DC's biggest writer, so of course he was going to get the spotlight. Dick's "death" barely counted, and that was just a means to give him a change in creative direction. Steph was meant to stay dead, and was only brought back due to fan backlash.

His character hasn't been very good since the reboot, but I doubt if he dies it will stick for long. Maybe they would remove him for a bit since Duke is basically a Tim Drake clone and they want to promote him some with Tim gone, but I think Tim still has a lot of fans in the DC offices. Maybe he would just go under cover like Dick and fake his death for Bruce.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I've decided I don't mind if main universe Tim dies. Historically, death is the best thing that can happen to to a Robin in terms of popularity. Jason is the obvious example, and after Damian died he got his first ever solo series and now he's getting more exposure than ever with the animated films and his 2 upcoming Rebirth series. After being dead for a few minutes in Forever Evil, Dick got the critically acclaimed Grayson series and now he has a highly anticipated Nightwing book, as well as Titans. Even Steph got a boost after her supposed death in War Games, she got to be the new Batgirl.

I say give Tim a badass heroic death, and resurrect him a few months later with a new solo book and a Young Justice series. And a role in the next Batman film.
    I am telling you man it wont happen. Tim wont be in a Big Screen Batman Movie. He is likely to get skipped. Dick Grayson > Jason Todd > Damian Wayne. What gets Bruce to try a new sidekick after his last died. His own son that is what. Plus Batfleck old so eventually you can get BatDick and Damian Robin.

Looking over the September solicits again, maybe there is some truth to this. First, the 'Tec #940 solicit I mentioned earlier that reads:

“Rise Of The Batmen” part 7! This epic concludes with a battle against the Colony that will change Batman’s world forever—and in a way you’d never expect! Whether they win or lose, they’ve already lost…
    And two weeks later, there's the Teen Titans Rebirth solicit, which reads:

The Teen Titans are farther apart than ever before…until Damian Wayne recruits Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy and the new Kid Flash to join him in a fight against his own grandfather, Ra’s al Ghul! But true leadership is more than just calling the shots—is Robin really up to the task? Or will the Teen Titans dismiss this diminutive dictator?

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Looking over the September solicits again, maybe there is some truth to this. First, the 'Tec #940 solicit I mentioned earlier that reads:

And two weeks later, there's the Teen Titans Rebirth solicit, which reads:
    Well in the case of your second point. Raven's mini takes place in between the current TT team and the one Damian will eventually lead. So with that in mind it's more likely Drake disbands TT, which brings us to where we are now currently in Tec. If he does indeed die, any bets on who does him in? I've got my money on Steph (friendly fire) of some kind.

Though this first arch of tech is Batwoman centric, if Tim were to die wouldn't it make more sense for him to be the focus of the arch? Either way I am leaning towards BB Tim biting it, but there is still the possibility for current Tim to go.

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    If he does indeed die, any bets on who does him in? I've got my money on Steph (friendly fire) of some kind.
    I agree, if this rumor's true. I mentioned last month that I think she'll end up killing someone, and if it ends up being Tim that'll just double the tragedy points. It would also lead into the second arc pretty well, since it's supposed to be a Spoiler story and also will deal with average citizens striking back at the team due to so many of them being hurt or killed while the team tries to stop things. If Tim dies, that would give extra ammunition to them; "They can't even keep their own people safe! How're they supposed to protect us?" or something.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Eeh, 'Tec been pretty Tim heavy too. But if it is Tynion that offs him then there's probably a good chance its part of a greater plan he has for Tim.

If Tim bites the bullet then I'm okay with that. It sucks but if it happens, it happens. Comics will bring him back somehow and blah blah. Hopefully we see some fall out with Bruce, Jason, Cassie, Bunker, Tanya, Raven, Kate, Babs, Alfred, Dick (even though they aren't as close as previous) and Gar. I want like mourning.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Eeh, 'Tec been pretty Tim heavy too. But if it is Tynion that offs him then there's probably a good chance its part of a greater plan he has for Tim.
    Holy crap, just thought of something.

Shiva's coming back in arc three, right?

Considered this: she arrives in Gotham, having finally figured out where Cass is, and also knows that the team has recently lost one of their members. Since Shiva is supremely arrogant, she says something to the effect of "I can defeat you all if I want and take her by force, but I'd rather not bother and make a deal with you instead. You give me Cassandra... and I give you a way to bring back your friend." Meaning, of course, a Lazarus pit. Tim gets revived, and then the team gang up on Shiva and go back on the deal, because seriously, **** Shiva. They beat her ass and escape.
    This could also tie into the memories being restored thing, since Tim could have his memory jogged after being revived and remember the real Shiva and not her comparatively inept New 52 version, and it would also work for Cass and Kate, since they both have prior experience with pits which are not clearly canon right now.

Wow, speculation is fun!
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    Probably will be his Batman Beyond version but if it is the one in Detective Comics DO NOT BRING HIM BACK! not because I have anything against him but if you kill off a character let it stick and do not plan his return one year later.
    This. I don't read beyond but even if it's rebirth Tim, it would be sad but life goes on lol. But keep him dead. At least for a long ass time like Jason. I love Damian, and I'm so glad he is back but his death felt phony as **** in the long run

Edit: I like the Shiva idea above. But if Tec Tim got murked it would leave 3 chicks and Batman lol kinda wierd vibe for a book
    Last edited by SicariiDC; 07-23-2016 at 04:03 AM.
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

BANNED

Man, they were all phony, Jason`s included. What a sleezy stunt would be to bring him back or keep using Robin after what happened.

Look how long it took for that to change.

That said, it`s fiction. Shock value is part of it to attract more readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    His character hasn't been very good since the reboot, but I doubt if he dies it will stick for long. Maybe they would remove him for a bit since Duke is basically a Tim Drake clone and they want to promote him some with Tim gone, but I think Tim still has a lot of fans in the DC offices. Maybe he would just go under cover like Dick and fake his death for Bruce.
    Well that will go over so well with fans .

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Well in the case of your second point. Raven's mini takes place in between the current TT team and the one Damian will eventually lead. So with that in mind it's more likely Drake disbands TT, which brings us to where we are now currently in Tec. If he does indeed die, any bets on who does him in? I've got my money on Steph (friendly fire) of some kind.

Though this first arch of tech is Batwoman centric, if Tim were to die wouldn't it make more sense for him to be the focus of the arch? Either way I am leaning towards BB Tim biting it, but there is still the possibility for current Tim to go.
    Jeez...it would be bad enough if they kill Tim off in 'Tec right when they're starting to really course-correct his character back to being more like how he used to be, but also making Steph feel responsible for the death of her boyfriend?

That would be harsh.
    Last edited by Frontier; 07-23-2016 at 08:29 AM.

Wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised if its main continuity Tim. The "bright and hopeful" Rebirth tagline is only going to last so long before they start defaulting back to what they're truly all about anyway. This is just who DC brass is. Their mission statements when revamps come along are bullshit, they always are.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well that will go over so well with fans .

Jeez...it would be bad enough if they kill Tim off in 'Tec right when they're starting to really course-correct his character back to being more like how he used to be, but also making Steph feel responsible for the death of her boyfriend?

That would be harsh.
    Better to kill Tim off now and replace him with the old continuity Tim. I'm surprised by how much I'm enjoying Tec but there's no point Tynion building on Tim's character when the foundation is so bad. He has the worst origin story, he ruined his parents lives and because the writers won't address it, it looks like he shows no remorse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Better to kill Tim off now and replace him with the old continuity Tim
    Thatd be nice. But Tim will get his memories back due to rebirth, so its kinda pointless. Instead itd be better to adress his fake past.