View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 278 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1782282682742752762772782792802812822883283787781278 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 21670

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Thanks for your well thought out and informative posts regarding the Orion Simonson Omnibus and the chronogical order. Initially I wasn't that interested but now I'm thinking of picking it up at some point. I have no interest in a TPB, the Omnibus is the only way to go for me
    My pleasure! And I echo your sentiments regarding the Omnibus over a possible TPB. Unless this turns out to be an unexpected favorite treasure of mine, in which case I'd probably spring for the TPB(s) to use as a reading copy. Curse the collector's mentality!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    It's cool that DC sent Mr. Simonson a copy or two. I've noticed they're pretty good at that as opposed to Marvel. IIRC, Roger Stern shared some early pics of the Death & Return of Superman Omnibus because he also received an early copy but mentioned not getting a copy of the Spidey Omnibus around the time of release.
    Marvel is very good as well as far as sending creators complimentary copies. Uncle Rog mentioned on the Masterworks Board that he received a copy of his Spidey Omnibus; when asked which cover he received, he stated the new Romita Jr. version depicting Hobgoblin vs Spidey. And, Walt mentioned getting at least a couple of copies of his Thor Omnibus from Marvel. I remember him saying how much the box(es) weighed! He probably got at least a couple of the THORs due to him being writer and artist.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I'm glad Walts happier, i wonder if the royalty check man called. Anyone know why Absolute Sandman volume 3 is not available on In Stock Trades?
    Last edited by Johnny Thunders!; 03-13-2015 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I'm glad Walts happier, i wonder if the royalty check man called. Anyone know why Absolute Sandman volume 3 is not available on In Stock Trades?
    CGN raised the price as well which normally means its going OOP. But I think they have reprinted those books several times so hopefully there eill be another printing coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by sho nuff View Post
    CGN raised the price as well which normally means its going OOP. But I think they have reprinted those books several times so hopefully there eill be another printing coming soon.
    This one was a tough one to find a couple years ago and then DC reprinted it. Either they didn't print enough or it was that big of a seller.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Penultimate Warrior View Post
    Marvel is very good as well as far as sending creators complimentary copies. Uncle Rog mentioned on the Masterworks Board that he received a copy of his Spidey Omnibus; when asked which cover he received, he stated the new Romita Jr. version depicting Hobgoblin vs Spidey. And, Walt mentioned getting at least a couple of copies of his Thor Omnibus from Marvel. I remember him saying how much the box(es) weighed! He probably got at least a couple of the THORs due to him being writer and artist.
    Ok, that's cool. Thx for the info. My memory must be failing me

I haven't posted in awhile but felt compelled to post some good finds I got today. I've been pretty adamant about only buying hardcovers from now on and have replaced all three of my trades with these versions.image.jpg

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wasp14 View Post
    I haven't posted in awhile but felt compelled to post some good finds I got today. I've been pretty adamant about only buying hardcovers from now on and have replaced all three of my trades with these versions.image.jpg
    Excellent books, one and all. Both Vaughan and Morrison ... probably in my top 5 favorite comic writers of all time.

My weekend is off to an awesome start.

Last week I put a bid for $150.00 for Starman Vol.3 HC on eBay (which I lost). Today when I started browsing the collected editions in Forbidden Planet, I saw it sitting there for cover price! Truly shocked they still had this rare book. When I asked how they managed to get this book, she replied that they are trying to empty out their basement.

Now I wonder what other gems are stored down there

Quote Originally Posted by aleksivic View Post

Last week I put a bid for $150.00 for Starman Vol.3 HC on eBay (which I lost). Today when I started browsing the collected editions in Forbidden Planet, I saw it sitting there for cover price! Truly shocked they still had this rare book. When I asked how they managed to get this book, she replied that they are trying to empty out their basement.

yoooouuu lucky sonofa...!!!!

Wow, didn't realise it was so in demand

Spectacular Member

What is everyone's preferred format for Kingdom Come? I found a sealed first printing of Absolute Kingdom Come and I can't decide whether to read it, sell it, or put it up for trade. I've never read the story. I've seen some mentionings that the art looks a little grainy/fuzzy on the big pages. I'm wondering if I can save some money and purchase a more recent printing of a Trade/HC that looks better.

Anyone have any recommendations for this?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Hey I just got that Nightwing trade!
    Cyclops was right

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awalk1227 View Post
    What is everyone's preferred format for Kingdom Come? I found a sealed first printing of Absolute Kingdom Come and I can't decide whether to read it, sell it, or put it up for trade. I've never read the story. I've seen some mentionings that the art looks a little grainy/fuzzy on the big pages. I'm wondering if I can save some money and purchase a more recent printing of a Trade/HC that looks better.

Anyone have any recommendations for this?
    Absolute is the definitive way to read it. There's very slight grain, but the larger format also allows you to appreciate he detail more (which is especially nice in a book as chock-full of Easter Eggs as KC). The "Appocrypha" section at the back of the Absolute is incredible as well and (as far as I know) can only be found in the Absolute. It's not just sketches, it's background info for almost every character in the book, detailed genealogy and legacy-hero-tracking, artist and writer commentary, and a lot more. It's one of my favorite Absolutes.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Absolute is the definitive way to read it. There's very slight grain, but the larger format also allows you to appreciate he detail more (which is especially nice in a book as chock-full of Easter Eggs as KC). The "Appocrypha" section at the back of the Absolute is incredible as well and (as far as I know) can only be found in the Absolute. It's not just sketches, it's background info for almost every character in the book, detailed genealogy and legacy-hero-tracking, artist and writer commentary, and a lot more. It's one of my favorite Absolutes.
    Thanks for the nudge in that direction. I'll be keeping it!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by awalk1227 View Post
    What is everyone's preferred format for Kingdom Come?
    Deluxe Edition.

OH WAIT. God damn you, DC.