Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    I don't think any teen pregnancy would set a good example, plus a headline that says "Wolverine is pregnant!" will make some ppl think marvel has jumped the shark. ON the other hand it'd be fun if the baby is born with warren wings
    Plot twist...the father is Julian!

Or Bobby.

Better yet....MYSTIQUE!
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHero45 View Post
    Perhaps Arcade needs to reopen his arena.
    ... I'd read it. I approve of this message.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

While on the topic of the X-Kids... do we have any idea on how old they actually are?

I know age is VERY nebulous in comics, but it feels like they've been in school forever now. I could swear some of them are actually going backwards in grades it feels like.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Plot twist...the father is Julian!

Or Bobby.

Better yet....MYSTIQUE!
    That particular storyline would do wonders for Laura's rep ... sarcasm off
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordel View Post
    While on the topic of the X-Kids... do we have any idea on how old they actually are?

I know age is VERY nebulous in comics, but it feels like they've been in school forever now. I could swear some of them are actually going backwards in grades it feels like.
    In new x men v2 the kids did a census on all kids ages, it was post decimation

How long ago would that be in the timeline you think? A year? Two?

Dang inconsistent comic book time!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fordel View Post

I'm assuming the older kids (IE most of the NXM) will probably be somewhere around 18 BEFORE the time jump for SW. Some of them may be pushing 19-20 after the 16 month skip. Or at least should be. Wouldn't put it past Marvel to ignore that part.

I think no more x-kids is a good idea. Each writer sidelines them and then makes their "the next generation of x-men" that will never become x-men because the next writer brings in their own. There are fans of many of these characters but then these viable characters will always be wallpaper and replaced by nonsense like "Goldballs" who then will become wallpaper too. The writers need to work with what they have instead of constantly replacing the cast of x-kids. Decimation had actually made it so the writers would stop doing this, though even that didn't stick with the whole 5 lights thing. Sadly they undid decimation so we could go back to more of this silliness.

Though it seems like the post-SW stuff is not bothering with the school anymore, which I think is a good thing to do for now.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

BANNED

I don't think any teen pregnancy would set a good example, plus a headline that says "Wolverine is pregnant!" will make some ppl think marvel has jumped the shark. ON the other hand it'd be fun if the baby is born with warren wings
    As if the X-men timeline haven't gotten more screwed up. Besides doesn't anyone remember Warren other children that nearly destroyed the world and were raised by Kang ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHero45 View Post
    Perhaps Arcade needs to reopen his arena.
    For once I agree, besides we could use another major shake-up/cut down on X-kids and it would make sense given Arcade's history with the X-men.
    Last edited by Cmbmool; 07-14-2015 at 06:57 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    I agree with the OP and this is actually the main reason I haven't given much attention to the X-books since the end of New X-Men and why I won't bother with them going forward, unless the kids are given something worthwhile to do for more than just a couple of panels.

I want an X-book whose main characters include Hellion, Elixir, Anole, Surge, Mercury, Dust, Rockslide, etc.
    If anything these characters deserve sometype of series considering the impact they made in the X-men. It would also be interesting to see where they stay with the Adult X-men separated in terms of ideals.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    As if the X-men timeline haven't gotten more screwed up. Besides doesn't anyone remember Warren other children that nearly destroyed the world and were raised by Kang ?
    Im pretty neither warren not laura nknows ××××× about them, plus what damage could a child with a healing factor, wings, claws, loads and loads of money and good looks (their parents are really handsome ppl) could do to the x men timeline?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'm assuming the older kids (IE most of the NXM) will probably be somewhere around 18 BEFORE the time jump for SW. Some of them may be pushing 19-20 after the 16 month skip. Or at least should be. Wouldn't put it past Marvel to ignore that part.
    Like, Prodigy was working a day job in Young Avengers, so I assume he is at least 18-19ish ?

Then Armor graduated or something? Quentin graduated too I think? I want to say the NXM kids were all near that age bracket?

With all the time skipping, they could be in like college by now. Maybe the SW aftermath resets the clock a bit or something. Heck if I know how that will all work.

I would totally read a book about a few of them trying to go to a regular college though.

Ultimate Member

Im pretty neither warren not laura nknows ××××× about them, plus what damage could a child with a healing factor, wings, claws, loads and loads of money and good looks (their parents are really handsome ppl) could do to the x men timeline?
    I'm going to guess that it's a good bet that we'll never see those kids again and after awhile it'll be like they never even existed...though again modern day kids of a returned Warren and Betsy would be very interesting...

BANNED

Maybe writers don't care. They come in and they're like "I'm using the ones I grew up on" or "I have to use only A-Listers" or "I am not reading 10 issues of this to learn about these".

Carey used whoever he wanted for example. Maybe they can if they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Maybe writers don't care. They come in and they're like "I'm using the ones I grew up on" or "I have to use only A-Listers" or "I am not reading 10 issues of this to learn about these".

Carey used whoever he wanted for example. Maybe they can if they want to.
    Bingo.

A majority of today's comic writers were teens/young adults in the 90s. Hence why a ton of them site XTAS as their jumping on point. Because its the truth. There are some of today's creators who enjoy the characters but their ether A) writing another book/work for someone else (KYOST, Tynion, or even Wood) or are artists as opposed to writers (Anka, Peter Nguyen, Scottie Young).
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.