Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'm going to guess that it's a good bet that we'll never see those kids again and after awhile it'll be like they never even existed...though again modern day kids of a returned Warren and Betsy would be very interesting...
    They were remender's creation, and he just left marvel, I dontnthink anyone would want to continue that story

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Maybe writers don't care. They come in and they're like "I'm using the ones I grew up on"
    A.K.A Geoff Johns syndrome.

BANNED

Ah, nobody wants to use the lames ones.

BANNED

Yeah, Lame Writing with Lame Characters is Garbage In Garbage Out. At least with A-Listers, the good work done by the previously talented people can pull the plotless hacks through.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yeah, Lame Writing with Lame Characters is Garbage In Garbage Out. At least with A-Listers, the good work done by the previously talented people can pull the plotless hacks through.
    It's specially easy if it's a character with a very distinctive way of speaking that most writers can emulate reasonably well- The Thing, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Dr. Doom, Namor, Thor, Iron Man post-RDJ...and Groot, I suppose. If the character sounds like himself, it's easier to pretend he's being well-written, even if he's acting out of character.

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

Yes. They should stop making new X-kids and actually USE the (many) they've already made. What kind of idiots at editorial think you can make a new character catch on when you keep cycling them in and (way out of) out of the spotlight every few months? It takes DECADES for readers to establish the kind of bonds they have with the top tier characters. Why do writers think if they just keep trying new things they can get that same result over night? So wrong...
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    I think no more x-kids is a good idea. Each writer sidelines them and then makes their "the next generation of x-men" that will never become x-men because the next writer brings in their own. There are fans of many of these characters but then these viable characters will always be wallpaper and replaced by nonsense like "Goldballs" who then will become wallpaper too. The writers need to work with what they have instead of constantly replacing the cast of x-kids. Decimation had actually made it so the writers would stop doing this, though even that didn't stick with the whole 5 lights thing. Sadly they undid decimation so we could go back to more of this silliness.

Though it seems like the post-SW stuff is not bothering with the school anymore, which I think is a good thing to do for now.
    All we need is another mansion explosion and a few survivors and we have a clean slate of X-kids and the trick of this is Marvel Gets to let you decide who lives. Way to one up DC Comics 30 yeas too late.

Spectacular Member

Kids aren't probelm they are logjam of Xmen in front of them.Which isn't so bad except that the break through ones don't get chance to shine because of age.Iceman is telling an important story but is there any reason to change Iceman if Anole was older than 16 or 17? You can't even slide in couple in big xbooks because they are too young when compared with other xmen.

The first rule of creating new x-kids is nobody younger than 17.If you need them young pull a Franklin Richards and don't age them but being 17 gives a writer a chance to age them to adult hood and chance on the big team.They can keep create new characters it is one that past the test need to move on to big xmen teams.Characters like

Quinton Quire
    Tempus
    Anole
    Rockslide
    Highjack
    Cuckoos
    Triage

Should be full fledged Xmen and feel no different from Storm,Cyclops or Wolverine. Are people dying for Bling,Velicodad,Eye Boy, Goldballs, Shark Girl to be used? The good characters will separate themselves from the fodder.This isn't hard probelm to solve graduate the students and have them leave the school. Keep good ones move rest along to limbo. They can create a 100 new characters the problem is the good ones are getting dump with the bad ones.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    They were remender's creation, and he just left marvel, I dontnthink anyone would want to continue that story
    That's pretty much what I was saying, again just wish that we'd get some X-kids from those that aren't a Scott/Jean pairing...

BANNED

They should simply let them in limbo, and I'm not talking Magik's dimension, instead of making those lame Battle Royale slasher things where they kill off all the unpopular characters. Those miniseries only make their super hero caretakers look like complete and utter incompetent fools.

BANNED

They all die. And everyone will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    All we need is another mansion explosion and a few survivors and we have a clean slate of X-kids and the trick of this is Marvel Gets to let you decide who lives. Way to one up DC Comics 30 yeas too late.
    Clean slate solve nothing, and i keep on saying since they CRUCIFIED GEN X right on X-men porch, this srot of behaviour had beocme Xmen version of "Girlfriend in the fridge" trope. Gratuitous and make the X-men looking stupid and uncaring(I don't want to read about the Uncaring X-men sincerely) .

Quote Originally Posted by gwenFan View Post
    They all die. And everyone will love it.
    I won't ssssooo your statement is false. Compliment.

They should simply let them in limbo, and I'm not talking Magik's dimension, instead of making those lame Battle Royale slasher things where they kill off all the unpopular characters. Those miniseries only make their super hero caretakers look like complete and utter incompetent fools.
    Indeed. I agree wiht you. Limbo is nasty but is not such drammatic. Yeah they exist, yeah they are not used apart as wallapaper. But is such terrible thing? Is nice havine a potential reserve of character to use. Who know perhaps Shark Girl, Eye boy, Goldball, Anole and the others are the Next Rocket Raccoon, Groot and Squirrel Girl. Hell we saw the big return(well is not the first time he come back i know), of Howard The Duck. HOWARD THE EFFIN DUCK. YOu never know when something will come usefull at some point.(i wish i could live long enough to see Shark Girl getting her solo title.)

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    A.K.A Geoff Johns syndrome.
    Don't forget body mutilation. Ain't GJ without it!