Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaidswrath View Post
    And who's to say that the Arrowverse doesn't have a National City with a complete duplicate set of Kara's friends already going about their lives?
    Even if there is, you'd essentially be starting from scratch making the first season pointless. They don't know her and she doesn't know them.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Given the unlikelihood of them making Superman a regular, active presence on Supergirl--and the expectation that his appearance will likely create in the minds of viewer that he will be--and the fact that he'll be appearing on the first two CW episodes, I expect that his appearance will be prelude to (A) Supergirl being "relocated" from her Earth to the Flash/Arrowverse in such a way that she can't get back and Superman can't crossover or (or possibly and) (B) the Death of Superman.

And I don't see any chance whatsoever that Tom Welling dons the cape.
    My money's on A. (Actually, my ideal scenario is for Supergirl to just be in the Arrowverse now, no explanation.) Perhaps the first two episodes will involve some kind of plot where National City is shrunk a la Kandor and the only way to save the city is to relocate it to Earth One.

Also, I don't think there's enough money on the planet to get Welling into a Superman costume.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Very interesting.

I'm surprised WB signed off on this.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I agree. This "you can use this character but not that character" rule needs to be done away with. Supposedly they did but apparently not in time to save the Arrow version of the SS.
    Where did you read that? Is that confirmed that the same characters are free to be used on both tv and movies now? Or is Superman the exception?
    Last edited by Beantownbrown; 06-06-2016 at 11:01 AM.

As long as it's someone who is willing to play the character again during Sweeps month. Welling seems too hostile to reprising the role, even though, super-super-technically, he didn't play "Superman" until the final episode. LOL..

BANNED

Even if there is, you'd essentially be starting from scratch making the first season pointless. They don't know her and she doesn't know them.
    Who's to say there's not also an Earth-1 version of Kara Danvers? Earth-1 Kara, Alex, Jimmy, and Winn all die as a result of whatever events force Supergirl to Earth-1, and the Earth-SG versions take over their lives after getting stranded on Earth-1. That keeps Team Supergirl and their relationships intact, while opening up new character avenues to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post

Also, I don't think there's enough money on the planet to get Welling into a Superman costume.
    Why? His dance card's not exactly full these days.
    The Five Earths Project
    http://www.5earths.info/

Love this news. I get the sense that the powers that be wanted to wait and make sure that this show would be a hit before bringing Superman into the mix more overtly. I think it makes sense, not revealing too much in the first season. The show did a great job laying the foundation in the first season. The second season is their chance to build on that foundation and bringing Superman into the picture can certainly help.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Where did you read that? Is that confirmed that the same characters are free to be used on both tv and movies now? Or is Superman the exception?
    Willa Holland confirmed in an interview they were forced to get rid of their version of the SS. In terms of the embargo being lifted, someone on another thread said Johns got rid of it when he went over to the cinematic side but it's just rumor as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Who's to say there's not also an Earth-1 version of Kara Danvers? Earth-1 Kara, Alex, Jimmy, and Winn all die as a result of whatever events force Supergirl to Earth-1, and the Earth-SG versions take over their lives after getting stranded on Earth-1. That keeps Team Supergirl and their relationships intact, while opening up new character avenues to explore.
    That seems like a lot of hoops to jump through just to connect the two universes.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    Very interesting.

I'm surprised WB signed off on this.
    Probably only be Kent doubt we'll see him in costume and apparently it's only for a couple of episodes.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

BANNED

That seems like a lot of hoops to jump through just to connect the two universes.
    Not really. Connecting universes isn't something that "just" happens. If that's what they're doing, there are going to be a lot of plot machinations, just like there were with the Zoom and Reverse Flash backstories in Flash, to accommodate all the time-travel and alternate universes. The whole thing is basically just one big hoop.

My prediction: Whatever storyline happens with the pod will cause Superman to venture into space to find Krypton or Kandor or something like that, leaving Supergirl the only
    "Super" on earth for awhile. There might still be some interstellar communications though...

I'm delightfully surprised that they're finally going through with showing Superman on Supergirl, since I didn't think they would ever outright show him. I hope Lois isn't far behind .

Looking forward to seeing who they cast, how the show will characterize Clark, his interaction with Kara and her supporting cast (especially Cat and J'onn), if we'll see him in-suit, and what his role in the first two episodes will be.

I really hope we get to see Superman and Supergirl flying together .

I don't think they're going to do anything like de-power or kill him off via Death of Superman, since it's already established that he's given Kara a lot of freedom to be the sole hero National City and he's always busy with other disasters. I imagine this will just likely setup his visiting National City every now and then to check in on his cousin in person or the occasional Superman guest-appearance .

Though I wonder if this might end up tieing into a possible fusion of Supergirl's Earth with Arrowverse Earth-1?

Quote Originally Posted by Starsky_Hutch76 View Post
    Why? His dance card's not exactly full these days.
    Hes producing and starring in his own show on CBS.