Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    And as I said earlier, if Hickman wants to also say they're making books for "Every kind of X-fan"...then he really shouldn't be surprised when the X-fans that haven't gotten their book get frustrated. Especially when there's history of those fans not getting their book and getting told instead to read things not for them.
    I think there are two laws of nature regarding fandom. "Not everyone can be pleased" and "We are owed nothing by the creators." My takeaway from that? There's no shame in taking a break until something you want comes along.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's not Vita being the issues.

From what I understand-Hickman told his staff NO NEW MUTANTS at the start of all this. This was about using whoever was there or had been there.

Now we have a book that is NOT doing that? Why is this happening when folks like Vita and Leah have been PUSHING to do stuff with established folks.

So what happened to cause this? We have seen PUSH BACK to new folks. Heck we have seen PUSH BACK to established folks.

Right now the agenda should be use who you have first.

Because it's not just fans you have to deal with but store owners. Who will kill this book faster than any fan could by making a choice to NOT order it. And it has been done before. See Deadpool's Merc spinoff books or Motor Crush at Image or Black Lightning Cold Hands mini or Cyborg.

That is not fair to Vita. Who will probably produce an awesome book that might get a short run because it's coming out at a time where it's bad timing to do so. Folks want to see the characters done wrong get their shine first.
    If Vita is doing this, then it has been approved by Marvel, Disney, and Hickman. If this is being done, then it's going to fit into the larger narrative or be changed until it does.

Ultimate Member

As for Hellions, I can see why some people would be mad that they're using the name of a team people would be looking forward to seeing back only for it to have nothing to do with any version of said team. Like some cheap trick to try and lure in fans of either old team.
    Firstly, I agree, and would love a Hellions book with *either* of the two pre-existing groups that have gone by that moniker, or even some unholy amalgamization of the two (Catseye and Dust? Roulette and Hellion? Tarot and Elixir?).

Secondly, on the heels of a fun book called 'Marauders' that has not even a faintest whiff of resemblance to the team of Marauders who massacred all those Morlocks back in the day, I'm not exactly shocked. There are no (original) Champions in the Champions. There's only one Agent of Atlas in the Agents of Atlas. There hasn't been a member of the original Guardians of the Galaxy in the book of that name *for years.* (They had a darned *Micronaut*, but no Guardians.)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 01-21-2020 at 05:25 AM.

New characters when we have a ton of already existing characters fans want back, repeating a cycle of creating more and more wallpaper while blaming fans whenever things go wrong.

As for Hellions, I can see why some people would be mad that they're using the name of a team people would be looking forward to seeing back only for it to have nothing to do with any version of said team. Like some cheap trick to try and lure in fans of either old team.
    They literally had an advertising campaign where they introduced them two members at a time.

If it was indeed a "Trick...", it's about the worst one in recent memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I agree: each name is like a brand. A promise to reconnect with some that is already known, that is familiar. And the promise is always a disappointment because it is always different. Different comic artist, different comic author or just someone that comes up with new ideas. After this 'mourning', the thing is to know if that newness can be appreciated. Well, more you age, more you have to do this gymnastics…
    I have to politely disagree.

Once we had the first cover to Fallen Angels, anyone assuming what is in blue to be the case is ignoring what actually has been happening to make such an assumption.

They have been reasonably "On The Level..." about that what is in blue is most likely not going to be the case.

Fantastic Member

coming from someone who runs a store yes there are two many x-books and even my hardcore customers are having trouble buying them all also a regardless of what they say the reason for all these books is they even though its a new year they are still paying the piper for the abysmal low age of x-man sales from last year so a little common sense no chance hellions and children of the atom last past six issues giant size is six and issues and done and although with variants excalibur is still strong dont see that going past 12. I love Cable and im sure duggans cable book will be cool also no chance more than six issues we need the OG cable back and although liefeld still gets royalties form the character im sure the reason we still dont have the real cable back is becuase of the huge hickman liefeld feud. so people need to relax and im sure by fourth quarter2020 things will be back to normal and we will be back to a solid 6 or so ongoings and a mini or two. Also some of these books even though its not mentioned are mini series ive heard from someone in the know there was a x- directive besides the x-men ff to not lable any book a mini

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    This doesn't make sense, new readers doesn't need new characters
    Young readers want characters similar to them with whom they can identify. That's why characters like Miles Morales and Kamala Khan attract young audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Young readers want characters similar to them with whom they can identify. That's why characters like Miles Morales and Kamala Khan attract young audiences.
    Any teen chaarcter will do, not hard to do. I have been on new reader shoes and I didn't needed a new character

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    coming from someone who runs a store yes there are two many x-books and even my hardcore customers are having trouble buying them all also a regardless of what they say the reason for all these books is they even though its a new year they are still paying the piper for the abysmal low age of x-man sales from last year so a little common sense no chance hellions and children of the atom last past six issues giant size is six and issues and done and although with variants excalibur is still strong dont see that going past 12. I love Cable and im sure duggans cable book will be cool also no chance more than six issues we need the OG cable back and although liefeld still gets royalties form the character im sure the reason we still dont have the real cable back is becuase of the huge hickman liefeld feud. so people need to relax and im sure by fourth quarter2020 things will be back to normal and we will be back to a solid 6 or so ongoings and a mini or two. Also some of these books even though its not mentioned are mini series ive heard from someone in the know there was a x- directive besides the x-men ff to not lable any book a mini
    Good to see a retailer giving opinion abouit this. I think theyare launching too many book on a really small amount of time. the realunch will make 6 months in march.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 01-21-2020 at 09:40 AM.

And why New Mutants spoke to us 80's/90's kids. I have no problems with them doing an "X-Kids" book, I do feel like they are spreading themselves way too thin however. For every random fringe character we have, there are perfectly fine characters within "the 198" that we could have compelling stories about that are getting ignored.

As a hardcore X-fan I am loving the era we're in and am glad for all the books, but I am absolutely concerned that we're on the verge of burning the average reader out which means Marvel can turn around and say "see, we tried to give you guys what you wanted and no one bought the books."

Maybe… I don't know: I was a young reader a long time ago and I never had a 'hero' in the comics I read that looked like me… There were usually older and it didn't bother me…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Regarding the younger characters, DC has the right idea by giving them merch, their own comic lines and cartoons. Teen Titans Go! and DC Super Hero Girls are killing it in ratings and sales. I doubt these demos read the Big 2's main universe books.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    Ooooh I love a little insider scoop. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If it was indeed a "Trick...", it's about the worst one in recent memory.
    Exactly what I was going to say. If they wanted to use a cheap trick, they would have left the cover redacted until Hellions #1 came out. Everyone knew exactly what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Exactly what I was going to say. If they wanted to use a cheap trick, they would have left the cover redacted until Hellions #1 came out. Everyone knew exactly what was going on.
    2020 is the year of the Nanny & Orphanmaker stan.