Page 114 of 750 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214614 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 11243

A fun idea might be to take Marvel, IM, Cap, Thor, and BP off the team. Then add some underdeveloped B list heroes. Then give the five who left each a story leading that new team. See who the best leader is. Different writer for each turn.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yeah, but honestly T'challa made no mention of the extended conversation between cap and Carol. When an authority is present most instances talk will flow towards that said person in authority. It's very subtle and nuanced, but it seems odd. I have my suspicion that Black Panther is leader in name only. I yet have to see a big boss moment, it's more hom being a good team player.
    I'd agree there's no significant air of authority here. These are more like co-workers than say a military unit with a clear chain of command. That's part of the reason why I said the picture doesn't really indicated any of them necessarily being in charge. They all sort of come off as equals in that scene.

As far as T'Challa being leader in name only... I can see that up to a point. He doesn't give inspiational speechers or necessarily micro manage the Avengers in combat like Steve sometimes does. But at the same time, I don't think you can say he's doing a bad job at all. But he's shining in his own way. He has the team geared and provides his team with a level of support that Steve and Tony usually don't. And they do seem to operate very well on the field as a well oiled machine even if T'CHalla isn't giving a lot of orders on the fly... this might be the most prepped Avenger team we've ever gotten.

Overall I do think he's doing a great job. He's just not necessarily standing out ahead of the pack.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Since you're in the tread, can we talk about how after todays' issue that conversation between Storm and Nakia was useless and unnecessary? Until there's a body we can say for sure she's gone, but this is like the M'Krann crystal again. I think he editor and makes changes on the fly. It seems to happen with the Cap too according to that thread.
    Too me I feel like Nakia being a Spy the whole time was just a random Plot Point to me. Like why does that matter.......NOW? Because she’s going to die? Yeah, no not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    According to some fans of Storm, one would think Coates was the best thing since sliced bread
    Let me explain. Do I LIKE Coates as a writer? No. Do I like how he writes Storm? Yes. Is he the best of the best since sliced bread? No. Has he developed the character in any good way? Yes. Has he even tried to explain and dig deeper into that development? No.

Do I want him to write a Storm Solo? Given how Boring he is and his pacing is terrible and may never fully explain plots???

No. I do not want him writing Storm......IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Quick poll.

If you weren't familiar with the book and saw this page:

who would you think was in charge of the Avengers? And who would you think was playing the Uhura role?

As for the ongoingÂ…

What book and issue is this from?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

The Blue area is Kree territory? I figured she'd be the most informed about it in that group.
    true very true. but tchalla isnt an idiot I'm sure he can school ms Carol on some things. and when did her hair grow back?, I'm out the loop.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The Blue area is Kree territory? I figured she'd be the most informed about it in that group.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Too me I feel like Nakia being a Spy the whole time was just a random Plot Point to me. Like why does that matter.......NOW? Because she’s going to die? Yeah, no not interested.

Let me explain. Do I LIKE Coates as a writer? No. Do I like how he writes Storm? Yes. Is he the best of the best since sliced bread? No. Has he developed the character in any good way? Yes. Has he even tried to explain and dig deeper into that development? No.

Do I want him to write a Storm Solo? Given how Boring he is and his pacing is terrible and may never fully explain plots???

her being a spy wasnt random and it makes sense considering she was one of the few characters who never loss her memory. I even said I thought she was a sly and others were like no no she isnt. so.. yeah.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Does anyone have the link to interviews or scans about Tchalla being peak human without the herb ans super human with it? I can't remember if it was hickman or David Liss who said it

A fun idea might be to take Marvel, IM, Cap, Thor, and BP off the team. Then add some underdeveloped B list heroes. Then give the five who left each a story leading that new team. See who the best leader is. Different writer for each turn.
    The problem with that is it depends heavily on who is writing each character. You give BO a writer who's a Cap fan and all of a sudden T'Challa is going "Hey Cap whats your idea" instead of treating T'Challa as he should be
    Which, if I'm being honest between those 5, I would say BP, and Thor would be the best leaders with T'Challa standing at the top because he actually leads an entire nation and it's military and Thor also ruled Asgard. There is a different level of command you need when it comes to leading at that level, especially when it comes to comics where these heroes are in the thick of it and not safely hidden from combat

I would say, given thst this isn't even her book and she has gotten a bigger and better arc, as well as bigger and better feats then T'Challa, who's name is on the title, as well as more care over the years from Coates than T'Challa has. I have a feeling for Storm fans his Storm solo would be somewhat decent. But let that sink in. Storm has gotten more development, and feats in the last year of BPs comic, than T'Challa has in almost 4 years of Coates writing him.. Honestly though I don't care where Coates goes as long as he is gone and Redjack gets put in to course correct

I would say, given thst this isn't even her book and she has gotten a bigger and better arc, as well as bigger and better feats then T'Challa, who's name is on the title, as well as more care over the years from Coates than T'Challa has. I have a feeling for Storm fans his Storm solo would be somewhat decent. But let that sink in. Storm has gotten more development, and feats in the last year of BPs comic, than T'Challa has in almost 4 years of Coates writing him.. Honestly though I don't care where Coates goes as long as he is gone and Redjack gets put in to course correct
    I will say I felt bad for BP fans he didnt appear but that makes me believe he has something extra special in store for tchalla. i trust him. he hasnt failed me yet.

BANNED

That’s true, but Coates pacing is extremely slow and boring. Reading Captain America proves this fact. So if he did make a Storm Solo would it be good? Sure. But it’s going to be boring as Hell. Then slowly people start to lose interest.

But anyway that’s neither here or there. Today’s issue was good I wanna see a little bit more dialogue between the Symbiote and N’Jadaka

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    her being a spy wasnt random and it makes sense considering she was one of the few characters who never loss her memory. I even said I thought she was a sly and others were like no no she isnt. so.. yeah.
    Ugh you again. -_-
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 02-26-2020 at 11:57 PM.

I will say I felt bad for BP fans he didnt appear but that makes me believe he has something extra special in store for tchalla. i trust him. he hasnt failed me yet.
    Coates has something special in store for T’Challa? Hm, lets see, in the first season Zenzi and Tetu aren’t stopped by him but a shade throwing speech by Changaroo. In the second season, Coates just has Storm take over the book along with defeating the main villain. So really what’s makes you think this clown is gonna be any different this season in terms of T’Challas treatment especially he still continues to give all the feats to Storm instead of the freaking title character?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Does anyone have the link to interviews or scans about Tchalla being peak human without the herb ans super human with it? I can't remember if it was hickman or David Liss who said it

I said NO!!! You keep him. We don't won't his foolishness around these parts.
    We've already sent him thru the portal to Krakoa.

Good luck!

Oh yes I'm sure he does, I mean he totally has a good track record of letting making sure T'Challa shines brighter than everyone in his Solo. From S1 having Eden, changamire, and a Lord of the rings rip off scene to defeat the big bad. From S2 having Thunderball and Storm defeat the mini boss and big bad, from a complete rando killing N'Jadaka, and Okoye beating the newly formed symbiote killmonger, and Storm so far being recognized as the hope and key to the maroons victory as well as showing her multiple times destroying his armies.. I'm sure he will pull through and have T'Challa have his big no Strings attached moment...