Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

There's some decent stuff in there. Datalore, 1001001, Conspiracy, and at least the Romulan parts of the Neutral Zone (The parts with the unfrozen people were kind of weird and made it seem a bit like a nicer "Space seed").

Despite everybody pretty much settling into their major roles except Beverly of course (Riker with the beard, Geordi as engineer, Worf at tactical) and introducing the Borg and Quinan (as well as "Measure of a Man" which is pretty much a good chunk of the basis for Picard), season 2 also has quite a lot of stinkers too.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-18-2020 at 11:52 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

At least season 2 had a writers strike to blame!

Astonishing Member

Musical Episodes. (Grey's Anatomy, Buffy, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Musical Episodes. (Grey's Anatomy, Buffy, etc)
    Buffy's musical episode was gold. Probably the only episode of that season I re-watch.

Stranger in a Strange Land - Lost. Pretty much the epitome of the show's "filler" episodes before the negotiated end date finally let them go full tilt into progression. ABC also didn't help with the promotion when they advertised an answer to a HUGE question...which ended up being when Jack got his tattoo.

It also didn't help it directly proceeded one of the absolute best episodes of all time in Flashes Before Your Eyes.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-18-2020 at 12:26 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    most of season 7 of Buffy.
    Conversations With Dead People was one of the series' best episodes, but otherwise...yeah.
    I hated pretty much everyone in that house by the end of it except for Faith and to a lesser extent Dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    DS9: Hard to find bad episodes. The one where they're stuck in that game came to mind.
    The episode was called Move Along Home. I didnt really care too much for that one. There were some great episodes of that though so I will over look the odd one or two bad one.

When it comes to South Park I hate the Humancipad episode. I turn it off every time.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Was Code of Honor the episode where Tasha had to fight a woman because the leader of the aliens had a crush? I remember that being some of the worst stereotypes of African Americans I've ever seen.

The season 2 finale of TNG was terrible. Due to the writer's strike that year, it was a clip show, and not a very good one.

I know that Buffy had some horrible episodes, mostly in season's 1 and 6. But I vaguely remember one really bad episode in season 2, but it's been so long I can't really recall it.
    It was bad but the leader actually was not interested in Tasha. She was just part of a political maneuver. His goal was to have his wife and Tasha end up in a fight where his wife would be killed so he could get her land and possessions and still be the ruler. It was still a horrible choice to make it a "black planet". Denise Crosby listed it, among other things, as one of the reasons she wanted out.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    DS9: Hard to find bad episodes. The one where they're stuck in that game came to mind.
    The Mirror Universe started getting badly overused but they still were not bad episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There's some decent stuff in there. Datalore, 1001001, Conspiracy, and at least the Romulan parts of the Neutral Zone (The parts with the unfrozen people were kind of weird and made it seem a bit like a nicer "Space seed").

Despite everybody pretty much settling into their major roles except Beverly of course (Riker with the beard, Geordi as engineer, Worf at tactical) and introducing the Borg and Quinan (as well as "Measure of a Man" which is pretty much a good chunk of the basis for Picard), season 2 also has quite a lot of stinkers too.
    I thought the sleeper ship part of the Neutral Zone was kind of funny with the banjo guy and the whining billionaire. What I hated was Picard's attitude which was almost that they are sub-human and should have been left frozen as if he has zero grasp of history and that was his century is was from standing on the backs of all previous generations. I think that got such a negative audience reaction that they really changed Picard's attitude in the following seasons.

I really hated Encounter at Farpoint in TNG. It was like someone said hey Star Trek the Motion Picture is the best of the movies, so lets do that on a much smaller scale! Blechh.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    The Mirror Universe started getting badly overused but they still were not bad episodes.
    I know what you mean. They weren't my favorites either but they weren't bad. Q is one of my favorite Star Trek characters, but surprisingly I wasn't too crazy about the Q-Less episode. Again, it wasn't bad though.

As for TNG, it had some of the best episodes in Star Trek, but you had to sit through a large amount of them to get to the good ones. The problem with that series was that the crew was too 'perfect' in my books. No real character conflict or growth (except Data). Its Captain barely made any mistakes. It didn't make the show terrible (it definitely had its share of terrible episodes), but really boring to watch at times.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 03-18-2020 at 06:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    While I love the original Star Trek, most of the third season episodes were pure dreck.
    I can't decide which was worse, the one about Spock's brain being stolen or the one with the space hippies.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I can't decide which was worse, the one about Spock's brain being stolen or the one with the space hippies.
    Or an amnesia ridden Kirk wearing buckskins on a planet chock full of what passed for stereotyped indians. Or the bunch of little kids who channel an evil spirit to kill people. Jesus! That whole season was a mess.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

I find the chemistry between Shatner, Nimoy, and Kelley can make even the worst TOS episodes at least somewhat fun. Though the 1 with the kids and the evil space ghost was truly painful to sit through. The guy who played the ghost was so terrible an actor it was like he was a vampire draining all life from the show. At least we got Shatner's 'I'm losing my ability to command' ham schtick out of it. When TNG is bad, it's there's nothing redeeming about it. It becomes a black-hole of suck. And Rodenberry's full-frontal assault on capitalism in early TNG was so stupid and made Picard and Riker complete a-holes who it was impossible to root for. Showing a better future is one thing. Telling 99% of your audience that they're unevolved and just horrible people for wanting to make a living is something else.

Move along home for DS9. In season 1 they often tried to be 'TNG, but on a space station,' and this was probably the worst example of that. Obnoxious aliens and a silly story that takes itself too seriously.